Long term parking (5 days) Suvarnabhumi Airport

Kenny202

Anyone have any experience parking Suvi Airport? We live up country and normally take the train but hate leaving my car at the station. Does the Airport have long term parking? Is it reasonable? Easy access etc?

I've only ever come out of the Airport and got a cab and see all the cars parked 2 and 3 deep (as Thais do) and wonder how some one would get their car our if they needed to.

Never used the LT carpark but have used the regular one for short trips of a few days. Normally go through the top entrance then go down to a lower level(2 or 3) for parking as the higher levels tend to be full with cars parked doubled which may give a problem when trying to exit.

For the sake of an extra Bt110/day I much prefer to use the regular carpark rather than being concerned about any shuttle bus turning up on time. Flying tends to be a bit stressful at the best of times and hanging around waiting for a bus, either on departure or arrival, would, in my view, just add to it. Have also heard of security issues at the LT carpark.

Nope sorry. Haven't been there yet but also wanting to park my car there.

My niece just went on a 4 day trip to Koh Phi Phi and she just parked in the normal car park, she said "it's close to the terminal" whereas the LT parking is far away but you have Free buses who will take you to the terminal

Agreed i have parked at the long term parking and left the car for a month, if you have no bags its not such a big deal with the bus to the car park,

if lots of bags park at the terminal, yes it costs a bit more but far less hassle

My niece just went on a 4 day trip to Koh Phi Phi and she just parked in the normal car park, she said "it's close to the terminal" whereas the LT parking is far away but you have Free buses who will take you to the terminal

Agreed i have parked at the long term parking and left the car for a month, if you have no bags its not such a big deal with the bus to the car park,

if lots of bags park at the terminal, yes it costs a bit more but far less hassle

Any dramas getting in or out of either car park ie jams? I'm happy to pay the extra to use the normal car park if easier access etc

Any dramas getting in or out of either car park ie jams? I'm happy to pay the extra to use the normal car park if easier access etc
None at all, last time i left the car at Swampy was 3 weeks ago and it was there for a week in the normal car park however the one word of advice is make sure 100% you know where you have parked up

One time my Mrs parked up left the car at Swampy and flew to meet me for a holiday came back a week later and she couldnt remember where she parked LOL cost us nearly 2 hours and THB 500 paid to a renta cop to ride around the car park on his motor bike looking for the car :(

Edited by Soutpeel

Any more I just book a car to drop me & leave my car at the house.

For some of us that is not possible, I for one live around 400 kms away from the airport, oke I could take a train or a bus, but do prefer my own car and wish it is still there when we get back from our holiday;)

400 is pretty far. I live about 170 so it's not that bad.

Definitely just park in the normal carpark. It is absolutely not worth considering the LT car park for 4-5 days.

You enter on the 5th level which is full of cars double parked but go down two levels and there is plenty of space. Seems most people would rather drive around and around looking for a space than have to come up a couple of levels in the lift.

I can totally understand that. We went to a festival here some time back. Parked about 200m away. Came back we were triple parked in. Another 50m further from the festival was enough room for 1000 cars. Same as many things here. Why? Only reason I can ever come up with is laziness

Edited by Kenny202

• 1 month later...

For anyone interested we did the trip from Chaiyaphum to Suvanabhumi last week. Drive was a piece of cake. Finding and entering the airport was also a snack and there were parking spaces everywhere. A real hassle free experience. No different to driving to Brisbane airport, probably less traffic

• 5 months later...

My niece just went on a 4 day trip to Koh Phi Phi and she just parked in the normal car park, she saidLast "it's close to the terminal" whereas the LT parking is far away but you have Free buses who will take you to the terminal

Agreed i have parked at the long term parking and left the car for a month, if you have no bags its not such a big deal with the bus to the car park, time

Last time I went to the UK for a month I thought it would be better value to rent an apartment in Bangkok for the duration. This cost me 7000 baht and the apartment had secure underground car prior with security cameras linked to reception. In addition my wife and I used the accommodation for three nights prior to departure and four nights on our return thus saving over 5000 baht on hotel accommodation.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone left a car at the long term parking for real extended period,I am looking at 6 months.

I guess no one has!

I'm looking at leaving my car there for 14 days. Can I do this at either the Long Term or Short Term car parks, and if it's the latter, just pay the higher rate?

How reliable/regular is the Long Term shuttle to (and then back from) the terminal building?

Anyone left a car at the long term parking for real extended period,I am looking at 6 months.

I guess no one has!

I'm looking at leaving my car there for 14 days. Can I do this at either the Long Term or Short Term car parks, and if it's the latter, just pay the higher rate?

How reliable/regular is the Long Term shuttle to (and then back from) the terminal building?

That was a while back,the car in question is happily tucked away up in Sakhon Nakhon,and next week I'm returning to Thailand anyway after a change in circumstances.

But yes I guess no ones done it for that long.

I did find a little information at the time where it was possible to leave it there for 1000 baht a month.