Digital Radio in Thailand?

Gjk7777

I can second Soutpeel's recommendation. The Tunein app doesn't have a very friendly user interface but we use it through the home theatre system in the lounge, where it does a fair job (especially for free).

If you have internet and a hifi system, I would suggest checking out the Stream Magic 6v2. It gives me a better quality radio sound than the FM roof aerial and Denon tuner I had in the U.K. The major benefit of it for me though is that it plays Flac files of better than cd quality. I bought mine last year to use here in Isaan and I'm very happy with it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not too much into IT stuff, but my solution for radio is.

Have internet on my phone. Use Tunein radio through a small Blue tooth speaker. Great in the workshop, out in the garden & excellent "Blue toothed" to my car audio.

Cheers..... Mal.

DAB+ sound suspicious. Maybe incompatible with existing DAB receivers?

Similar to DVB-T2 which seems incompatible with existing DVB-T receivers from Europe.

Also:

Isan will be the last region where DVB and DAB are introduced.

What programming would you expect? Not a single English language radio on the air nationwide.

I doubt that DAB introduction would change this situation.

I personally never stumbled upon any DVB receiver in Thailand.

My conclusion: waste of time. Get rid of it.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Here in Ubon Ratchathani I have a small Grace Digital WiFi Internet radio (Innovator X GDI-IR2600) streams over 17,000 radio stations world-wide.

I have it on a shelf in my kitchen and it is great. Tune it into your house WiFi. Placing it in the kitchen is the best spot for us, as it enables us to listen to music or news while cooking and eating.

Digital WiFi Internet radio

Different story.

Sure if you have an internet radio it will work here.

But DAB?

i have dab radio and digital tv receivers both from europe but neither work in thailand

What I would have expected.

Not even the DVB-T from Europe will work here.

Thailand is now ahead with a new DVB-T2 standard which will come to Europe some time soon.