Wind-up drivers beware! Motorist to be fined 2000 Baht for this tacky car decor

webfact

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enough of this Thai bashing, Let the police do their jobs, Tacky car decor should be banned anyway.

It's a start, Rome was not built in one day.

Pretty poor start then.

It's not Thai bashing in my opinion, it's all the truth. Now they ban those windup keys but what about the neon-green plastic bottles hanging on vehicles for some reason? They also can kill a motorbike driver.

Or the advertisings along the highways which will start flying around during a storm.

If Thailand really wants to be taken serious they can easy stop all that from happening. Just let the police fine the company's who place them.

Everyone's opinion here is right (except the anti-Thai bashing....because criticism is warranted here). The mirth, the incredulity etc is all spot on.

But I wonder why this announcement was made.

Either someone in the Transport ministry just wants to sound important, OR....... someone in the Transport Ministry has got a flea in their bonnet with the businessman who is importing/manufacturing these things.

Alternatively...it was just a passing comment in the vein of passing on a bit of trivia, but the journalist has picked up on it and blown it out of proportion.

Edited by Seastallion

clearly the majority here does not drive a bike. Do it at 70 km/h and think of getting that stuff in your face (as it cannot be fixed properly).

Since it is made of foam rubber it may be better than hitting the rear screen at 70kph because you were tailgating.

More of an issue when trying to wriggle through the queueing traffic.

Good ideat leas, meanwhile, unregistered, uninsuredcars an bikes run all over the place untouched. Drivers and riders travelling at speed of sound and disobeying traffic lights etc etc. At least the Thai 'government' has its priorities right.

You have go to be kidding A Foam key causing accidents What scientific study did the do to come to this conclusion. Reality is someone at Land transport said

I think those foam keys are stupid and decided to institute this ridiculous fine

This is such a waist of time . Serious thinking for serious people cheesy.gif

Hmm, no move to fine those gutter crawling gangs of ad screaming pick-up trucks?

I mean the ones with the pretties twerking or Coyote Dancing in the back are OK, but the ones with brain

cell liquefying at massive distorted decibels over the limit?

C'mon...

The highest fines I know of are 1000 baht for something like running a red light.

But for something that is not dangerous and causes no harm to another person, they want to fine them twice the going rate.

All you can do is shake your head in wonder.

Seriously??............but driving these little pieces of crap at 160kph is ok?

Yes, Thai cops have a strong preference for avoiding penalising moving infractions. It is deemed troublesome and not cost-effective to leave the checkpoint.