Solar Power for my Home Air Condition, 1 Room only

4jasmin

Hi,

Here are some links for a few Solar companies in Thailand.

WWW.abotrading.co.th

Www.north11smartpower.com

Good Luck !

Unusual to see a Thai based vendor (yeah, I know ABO Trading is a farang outfit) over-specing their PV panels like this.. and not by just a small amount - there's 50% more PV here than inverter..

What are they charging?

Still looking for a vendor that can use brand name gear, and get it installed & commissioned for < 50 Baht/kW...

PV install pricing reminds me of those guys selling 3K Baht Safe-T-Cut's for 15-20K.

Edited by IMHO

I have recently bought a solar panel equipment from Amorn Electronics and have basic electrical knowledge. I assume you want to power an AirC somewhere you either don't have A/C or stable of the same. Nevertheless, this is what you need to run an AirC that uses 500W continous power for 5 hours and you have 8 hours of sun light:

First you need to know your total Wh. From above we have 500W x 5h = 2500Wh. This corresponds to two 1200Ah batteries that can deliver all the way down to 12V.

Then you need to charge the batteries. To charge the batteries full in 8 hours you need a total of 2500W/8 = 312.5W of effective solar power.

So materials would be:

3 x 120W solar panels (12000b)

1 x Charge regulator at 20A (buy for 30A if you want to expand in the future) 1500b

2 x Car batteries (if you buy more batteries, also buy more panels as uncharged batteries are useless wink.png 8000b

1 x 1000W continous Inverter 2500b

Total: 24k ex Aircon and cabling (but cables are cheap).

For better control I would get a charge controller with power meter and a volt meter for the batteries. This is cheap to buy on ebay - I bought several and shipping is quick and free.

Good luck.

Ps. Solar company staff knows zero unless you are very very lucky. I haven't.

to run an AirC that uses 500W

an aircon that uses 500W is not available dry.png

to run an AirC that uses 500W

an aircon that uses 500W is not available dry.png

Would be about 5,100 BTU, a real baby.

i remember that 4800 btu were available in the 70s as so-called window units. but 40 years ago the efficiency was so low that these units were drawing something like 800-900 watts. they were manufactured by Delchi, an Italian company but sold under different brand names. got one of these for my parents and since their demise the unit is doing still its job in a garden hut of a friend of mine. 44 years old if i'm not mistaken!

modern split systems drawing 800W have nearly double the capacity.