40 injured as overloaded tour bus 'slips' over road's edge in failed ascend of Patong Hill

Lite Beer

It was not overload ,

read the news : 37 passengers + a driver and a guide ;

I cannot count the number of rows , I think it's a 12 rows one, so 52 passengers ( we never count the last row in the back , so 12 + 1 = 13 x 4 = 52) ;

it's a mechanical problem with an inexperienced driver as every day in Thailand .

I must agree ---37 pax in a bus of that size does not sound to me ,overloaded but------

Point one---this was just something that came burbling from a police mouth

Point two---you say its a 12 row ---- So 12 times 4 is 48------- after all you say" we never count the last row in the back"?????????

Anyway how can you possibly see the seating configuration from that pic with such blackened windowscoffee1.gif

Edited by biplanebluey

It was not overload ,

read the news : 37 passengers + a driver and a guide ;

I cannot count the number of rows , I think it's a 12 rows one, so 52 passengers ( we never count the last row in the back , so 12 + 1 = 13 x 4 = 52) ;

it's a mechanical problem with an inexperienced driver as every day in Thailand .

I must agree ---37 pax in a bus of that size does not sound to me ,overloaded but------

Point one---this was just something that came burbling from a police mouth

Point two---you say its a 12 row ---- So 12 times 4 is 48------- after all you say" we never count the last row in the back"?????????

Anyway how can you possibly see the seating configuration from that pic with such blackened windowscoffee1.gif

The bus wasn't overloaded with people. It was overloaded with boxes of dried fruit and instant meals purchased at Big C. The preferred dining choice of quality tourists.

Another news source claims the bus was cut-off by a taxi, and after braking the bus could not handle the incline.

A bit off topic, but a few hours ago another 6 wheel truck missed the last downhill curve into Kamala and is all smashed up. From the angle of the truck, it appears that the driver fell asleep. I saw it just as the crane was being brought in. Hope it wasn't full of Myanmar workers.

"From the angle of the truck, it appears that the driver fell asleep."

What is this angle that you're so familiar with that a sleeping truck driver crashes at then?