Anyone seen this ad?

http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/real-estate/houses-to-rent/rent-sale-house-with-private-pool-area-400-sqm-4br-sukhumvit-nana-bts-339754.html

400 sqm / 69 sqw.

In my book 69sqw = 276 sqm

Windsor windows, Samsung fridge. WOW, if that isn't value

Price 45 Million Baht or 250K/month rent.

Are people really that delusional these days that they think it's even worth a fraction of that.

Many agents struggle with local measurements, I believe it meant to say land size 400 tw and living space 69tw

There is a lot of imported materials and marble, It is also in Bangkok where prices for houses is outrages,

45 million can buy you a nice mansion and lambo to park in it

So it has two floors? don't see the problem. And if it's outside your league don't buy it.

It says 4.5 meter high ceilings, so I doubt it has 2 floors.

This is not about if it is in my league or not, and looking at how long it has been advertised already not in many peoples league, but about how ridiculous asking prices are sometimes.

So it has two floors? don't see the problem. And if it's outside your league don't buy it.

This is not about if it is in my league or not, and looking at how long it has been advertised already not in many peoples league, but about how ridiculous asking prices are sometimes.

Look at picture number 3: it has 3 floors :)

Look at picture number 3: it has 3 floors smile.png

Ad has been removed, probably sold because of my promotion.

It appears to still be running here (at least the numbers match):
“Are people really that delusional these days that they think it's even worth a fraction of that.”

I think you’re a little delusional if you think you can get a house near Nana BTS with this sort of finish at a fraction of the price.

“It says 4.5 meter high ceilings, so I doubt it has 2 floors”

Did you look at the pictures? It shows rooms that clearly have very high ceilings and a staircase. Also read the description, you might not be impressed by the Samsung fridge, but importing marble and wrought iron from Italy is not cheap.

The main problem with this house is that it has been done to someone’s specific taste, so that might make it a harder sell, i.e. if I were in the market for a ฿45m house I would most likely want to build it from scratch rather than buy someone else’s dream house.

Edited by Tywais
Link to Bangkok post removed as per forum rules

As for fraction of the price, have a look at the “Urgent sale…” thread started two weeks ago.

Here a 22 sqm. condo at Sukhumvit 64 is offered for ฿1.59m, pictures below.

I can certainly understand why many say “rent” rather than “buy” if this is what’s on the table.

post-160034-0-53220600-1439732575_thumb.

post-160034-0-94700000-1439732577_thumb.

Its a ripp off but since you are defending I guess you are in the market for it. SMH

45 million baht is 1.27 million US. Sorry but there isnt an apartment anywhere in BKK worth that kind of money.

As for fraction of the price, have a look at the “Urgent sale…” thread started two weeks ago.

I can certainly understand why many say “rent” rather than “buy” if this is what’s on the table.

Wouldn't pay 1.59 for it, but its a nice enough condo for 1 person. Good facilities. Dont know why people need a mansion for 1 person

Wouldn't pay 1.59 for it, but its a nice enough condo for 1 person. Good facilities. Dont know why people need a mansion for 1 person

Not to feel like you staying in a cagethumbsup.gif

And to put it in perspective so you have better understanding. 22 sqm is about the size of a bedroom, only here in the same room you have kitchen, dining, living room and a toilet with shower.

When you fart in the toilet, you can smell it in the kitchen

Dont know why people need a mansion for 1 person

because they can.

and i fail to see where it says the place can only be occupied by 1 person.

an alternate question would be why could anyone who can afford better stay in a 22 meter room in which the stove is 4 meters from the bed?

an alternate question would be why could anyone who can afford better stay in a 22 meter room in which the stove is 4 meters from the bed?

Actually, I don’t think that kitchen has a stove, nor does it have cupboards, drawers, or table space to prepare a meal. Doesn’t really matter though, because that “dining table” doesn’t really have space to serve one either wink.png

That’s just in the kitchen department, how about drying and ironing your clothes (since they did put in a washing machine)? Where to store cleaning equipment? Where to place a proper work chair for people who need to work with a computer or do some hand writing/drawing?

When they build this small in the West, they normally do it with a shared kitchen/bathroom. It doesn’t make sense to fit kitchen and bathroom into 22 sqm. and then even put in a double bed, as if this living space is suitable for two people.

For reference, a NYC requirement established in 1987 says that a new apartment must be at least 37 sqm. (400 square feat).

The value of property is what the current buyer pays for it. Likewise when every guy and his dog is investing in property we are probably near a top so time to reflect upon things. And there are some crazy prices being paid worldwide especially in major cities.

Problem is the next one may be different as banks (not sure about Thai ones) may not be a safe haven for assets, was Crete a test run? If so maybe better to be in something tangible the 0.01% b*stards can't steal.