Can you buy that crazy Thai whisky in Swampy?

ryanhull

So Swampy will keep 30-40 baht products on shelves and floor areas that cost a mint to rent yeah?

I was told that this 'farmers whisky' can double up as a fuel for your car should you run out....

Edited by ezzra

Drink this with a menthol out of both nostrols... Chick magnet.

Better get some of them duty free also.

Or you could go to 7/11 for both.

Sent from my c64

Edited by wow64

Maybe he or someone he knows is just transiting the airport.....or he wants to bring a bottle home as a kind of gag gift.......I used to always bring my Dad home a bottle of whatever was famous from a country I was visiting......

I would really doubt they sell it. Maybe the rice wine version of it and for sure Sangsom.......

Or maybe he is a terrorist and wants to drink a boatload of the stuff right before he gets on the plane and use his flamable urine to bring the plane down....

Edited by NickJ

My sister in law has a wholesalers and store i was in there once and asked about it ,so she opened a bottle a gave me a small glass ,ecpecting it to taste like sang som i tried it , no wonder the familly had all been watching me , i think paint stripper would have tasted good next to that stuff ,that was nearly 20 years ago and i can still taste it . why in Gods name would anyone want to drink it , mind you it gave the familly a good laugh ,my brother in law who was about 15 at the time still talks about it and has a laugh .bah.gif

My sister in law has a wholesalers and store i was in there once and asked about it ,so she opened a bottle a gave me a small glass ,ecpecting it to taste like sang som i tried it , no wonder the familly had all been watching me , i think paint stripper would have tasted good next to that stuff ,that was nearly 20 years ago and i can still taste it . why in Gods name would anyone want to drink it , mind you it gave the familly a good laugh ,my brother in law who was about 15 at the time still talks about it and has a laugh .bah.gif

They which is those that drink it do so to dull the boring,miserable hard working lives that they lead due to living in abstract poverty.

It doesn't get any simpler than that,drank daily buy those that work the land,work in construction and other mindless dead end jobs which pay a pittance.

Even the price of this ridiculous alcoholic beverage is so overpriced in relation to the minuscule wage that those that drink it earn that they often buy it in old red bull bottles for forty baht a pop.

I think that clears that one up.

Edited by stoneyboy

Don't mix up Sang Som (rum from sugar cane) with Lao Khao (white hard liquor from rice)!

Lao Khao is often named "sèe sìp" by the locals as the popular brand has 40% alcohol as the one seen in the picture below.

it shows the Thai numerals for "40" in the headline.

Sang Som:

brand-sangsom1.jpg

Lao Khao:

120_1267180487.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ

Don't mix up Sang Som (rum from sugar cane) with Lao Khao (white hard liquor from rice)!

Lao Khao is often named "sèe sìp" by the locals as the popular brand has 40% alcohol as the one seen in the picture below.

it shows the Thai numerals for "40" in the headline.

Sang Som:

brand-sangsom1.jpg

Lao Khao:

120_1267180487.jpg

I don't think anyone was.

How much saving are you expecting on a 50 baht bottle vof laokao.smile.png

Its not about saving money, I have a running joke with a UK mate who says he can drink anything and I have been telling him about this stuff for some time, purely want to see his face when he necks some ofit... I am popping back to the uk next week and was not planning on taking any cases just hand luggage, I knew that if I take this in my hand luggage its going to get taken off me hence why I was wondering if you could buy it in the dutie free area

Cheers all

Isn't Lao Kao distlled in Thailand? If so, there would be no import duty on it anyway. Only benefit then, I guess, is that you would acquire it after security and not have it confiscated?

Isn't Lao Kao distlled in Thailand? If so, there would be no import duty on it anyway. Only benefit then, I guess, is that you would acquire it after security and not have it confiscated?

That is exactly it... I am not taking a case only carry on bag, so I know if I buy it before going through security its going to get taken off me hence why I was wondering if they sell it in duty free, cheers

I hope that your Friend that can drink anything ......isnt the same guy you wrote about in another thread that you want to come here to teach English.......Cause if you give him a shot of lao kap and he likes it....You will have your answer in a nutshell.

This Thai “white spirit” is cheaper to buy in convenient stores than duty free at Swampy, if the sell it at all – they do sell Sang Som “duty free” for something like 3 times the 7-eleven “all duty and vat. paid” price – I won’t recommend to buy Thai spirits in airport, hard to think of anything there worth buying (except cigarettes, if you smoke)...whistling.gif

This is simply because you or someone else are not accustomed to the smell and tasted of Ruang Khao white rum.

Japan is famous for its Sake, isn't it?

How many of us enjoy drinking Japanese Sake?

Then will you tell everyone that the famous Japanese Sake smells and tastes like a paint stripper?

Edited by Barin

They which is those that drink it do so to dull the boring,miserable hard working lives that they lead due to living in abstract poverty.

It doesn't get any simpler than that,drank daily buy those that work the land,work in construction and other mindless dead end jobs which pay a pittance.

Even the price of this ridiculous alcoholic beverage is so overpriced in relation to the minuscule wage that those that drink it earn that they often buy it in old red bull bottles for forty baht a pop.

I thought the idea was to get drunk.

I think you mean abject poverty, but it amuses me to imagine poorpers living in a little hut with a talking fish-headed goatman and purple stairs that lead to nowhere.

if you want it . buy it and put it in your check in luggage .

You can only do that if you buy inside the airport, which is what he is asking. You cannot bring it from home in any luggage if over 6oz.? 4oz.?

Hi

The answer to your question is no,but please spare a couple of minutes to read on.

A friend of mine who had to return to the UK for treatment in a London hospital,due to liver damage,was asked by the doctor treating his condition what he drank whilst living in Thailand.He replied sang som and lao khao.They also asked had he brought to the UK any of his favourite tipple,to which he replied yes.They asked his Mother to bring it to the hospital for testing.They carried out tests on both, and both were found to contain untold impurities.They obviously told him to stop drinking altogether,but said if you cannot stop only drink branded named spirit.Please be warned.I implore you not to touch this rubbish and dont even buy it for a friend to consume,as you would be doing them no favours whatsoever.My Thai wife of 14 years lost her husband at the age of 34 due to lao khao leaving her struggling to bring up 2 kids aged 3 and 1.

My friend however battled his addiction and i'm happy to report,is now living back in Thailand and hasn't touched a drop of alcohol in 4 years.God bless him.

Hi

The answer to your question is no,but please spare a couple of minutes to read on.

A friend of mine who had to return to the UK for treatment in a London hospital,due to liver damage,was asked by the doctor treating his condition what he drank whilst living in Thailand.He replied sang som and lao khao.They also asked had he brought to the UK any of his favourite tipple,to which he replied yes.They asked his Mother to bring it to the hospital for testing.They carried out tests on both, and both were found to contain untold impurities.They obviously told him to stop drinking altogether,but said if you cannot stop only drink branded named spirit.Please be warned.I implore you not to touch this rubbish and dont even buy it for a friend to consume,as you would be doing them no favours whatsoever.My Thai wife of 14 years lost her husband at the age of 34 due to lao khao leaving her struggling to bring up 2 kids aged 3 and 1.

My friend however battled his addiction and i'm happy to report,is now living back in Thailand and hasn't touched a drop of alcohol in 4 years.God bless him.

Sorry to hear that.. I will make sure my mate only has a sip... I wanted a few mates to try it plus my dad/grandad who are big whisky drinkers... each time I go back to the UK I tell them about this stuff and purely just interested to see what they make ofit... I appreciate its rough stuff and will not allow anyone to drink more than a shot. Again sorry to hear about your friend

----

I ended up grabbing a few bottles at Tops and I will just take a small case.... this should do them

WP_20150817_001.jpg

I think you mean abject poverty, but it amuses me to imagine poorpers living in a little hut with a talking fish-headed goatman and purple stairs that lead to nowhere.

I think you mean "paupers living in a little hut..". Mai pen rai.

I think you mean "paupers living in a little hut..". Mai pen rai.

Haha, I done messed up too, doh! I knew when I was typing it felt off.

Abstract poverty, ??