Trump to take break from campaign trail for jury duty in NYC

Lite Beer

Trump to take break from campaign trail for jury duty in NYC
KATHLEEN RONAYNE, Associated Press

HAMPTON, New Hampshire (AP) — Donald Trump's status as the Republican presidential front-runner can't keep him from jury duty.

Trump is taking a break from the campaign trail Monday to appear for jury duty in New York City. He says he's "looking forward to appearing."

Trump confirmed the summons on Friday before a campaign rally in New Hampshire, home of the first presidential primary.

The New York Daily News reported in June that Trump had ignored five jury summonses since 2006. A judge fined the billionaire $250.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-08-16

I wonder if many defendant might object to him being on the jury because of :

- His overall right wing well known thinking and his bias against latinos, women, etc etc.

- The fear he would dominate and intimidate the other jury members.

Plus "The New York Daily News reported in June that Trump had ignored five jury summonses since 2006. A judge fined the billionaire $250."

Seems to have a strong disrespect for the law and the processes of the law.

Edited by scorecard

<snip>

Plus "The New York Daily News reported in June that Trump had ignored five jury summonses since 2006. A judge fined the billionaire $250."

cheesy.gif Yes, keep up the Trump bashing.

I wonder if many defendant might object to him being on the jury because of :

- His overall right wing well known thinking and his bias against latinos, women, etc etc.

- The fear he would dominate and intimidate the other jury members.

I think Trump is counting on his being de-selected. He's turning up for the sake of his image, "I do my civic duty", but he knows he won't be required to serve.

I have been called twice. I would love the experience, (and to do my civic duty) but both times I've been very busy. The way to get off is to write in saying, "Due to a previous bad experience from the police, I think I would be biased and find for the defendant."

Works every time.

<snip>

cheesy.gif Yes, keep up the Trump bashing.

Bashing?

Quite relevant comment.

I think Trump is counting on his being de-selected. He's turning up for the sake of his image, "I do my civic duty", but he knows he won't be required to serve.

I think it would be quite suspicious if he does, in fact, get selected in the middle of an election campaign...