SURVEY: Do you believe the using of the atomic bomb during WWII was justified?

Scott

SURVEY: Do you believe the use of Atomic Weapons during WWII was justified?  

460 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So pretty clear you are tolling then. All your useless posts on this subject should be removed as they contain zero informed dialog, no cogent arguments and appear to have no point except to annoy or inflame other posters which definately meets the definition of trolling. This thread was only about what happened to end the war 70 years ago not about the future. Read the title or are you, as it appears, simply too arrogant to do even that little thing right. It is clear that you have ignored all the points of view put forward by a couple of hundred other posters who have taken the time to write interesting information (and some disinformation) and divergent viewpoints that others have agreed with, disagreed with, or added to, but all of which have kept to the main theme of the topic. But you, YOU think only your off-topic divel has any relevence - for sure the white coats are looming in your mirror.

If there is a troll around it is you.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unjustified targeting of civilians with weapons of mass destruction.

War crime.

Probably correct. But in this case it was justified, ergo, not a war crime. The Japanese did enough of those by themselves.

The soldiers of the USA were not the only involved in this sector of WW 11 despite Hollywood depictions.

And post war how many Japanese war criminal cases were taken up?

There are aspects of the culmination of this war that should make people cringe !

Unjustified targeting of civilians with weapons of mass destruction.

War crime.

Probably correct. But in this case it was justified, ergo, not a war crime. The Japanese did enough of those by themselves.

The soldiers of the USA were not the only involved in this sector of WW 11 despite Hollywood depictions.

And post war how many Japanese war criminal cases were taken up?

There are aspects of the culmination of this war that should make people cringe !

er sorry, where did this bit about "Soldiers of the USA etc" come from. Its not part of my post and does not seem to make any sense, but it does make me cringe. Are you as dumb as your name suggests and are arguing for and against yourself in successive posts?

Shiro IIshi ! Disgusting distortion in line with the nukes! Americans need to learn !

They did. They learned how to make the bomb and used it. But what is Shiro ishi?

He was the Japanese commanding officer of Unit 731.

The US decided, mistakenly in my opinion, to not charge him with war crimes if he provided all the information to the government from his experiments.

That decision was a mistake made by the US.

^^ While that is a bit drastic, I think the armies in China and Korea should not have been allowed to return to Japan, and the natives of those countries could take their revenge on them.

763,000 German civilians died as a result of the Allied blockade of Germany at the end of WWI

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blockade_of_Germany

Germany caused 50,000,000 deaths (WWII) as a result of the above (in my opinion)

200,000 died as a result of the Atomic bomb.

Edited by lostoday

As a Brit, I feel the Americans were justified in dropping the bombs and I'm glad they did. There are so many justifications I simply can't accept that it was unjustified. It's saved time, money and most importantly lives, not only of allied forces but also Japanese citizens.

To my mind the justification comes from the fact that even the Hiroshima bomb on August 6th 1945 didn't result in a Japanese declaration of surrender. I understand that the shame of unconditional surrender went against the Japanese code of honor but if they were willing to let their citizen suffer so terribly and still not surrender, the mind boggles as to what horrors they would have tolerated had the allies committed to a land invasion (Operation Downfall).

People who feel the bombings were unjustified overlook how badly Japanese civilians would have suffered during an invasion, there would have been mass starvation, suicide, infanticide, disease and probably a few more things too horrible to mention. Ironically, the bombings significantly reduced Japanese civilian deaths.

As a Brit, I feel the Americans were justified in dropping the bombs and I'm glad they did. There are so many justifications I simply can't accept that it was unjustified. It's saved time, money and most importantly lives, not only of allied forces but also Japanese citizens.

To my mind the justification comes from the fact that even the Hiroshima bomb on August 6th 1945 didn't result in a Japanese declaration of surrender. I understand that the shame of unconditional surrender went against the Japanese code of honor but if they were willing to let their citizen suffer so terribly and still not surrender, the mind boggles as to what horrors they would have tolerated had the allies committed to a land invasion (Operation Downfall).

People who feel the bombings were unjustified overlook how badly Japanese civilians would have suffered during an invasion, there would have been mass starvation, suicide, infanticide, disease and probably a few more things too horrible to mention. Ironically, the bombings significantly reduced Japanese civilian deaths.

You wrote, "even the Hiroshima bomb on August 6th 1945 didn't result in a Japanese declaration of surrender." Bomb #1 Aug 6th. Bomb #2 Aug 9th. Surrender Aug 12th. wai2.gif