Powerful bomb explode near Rajprasong intersection wounding 20 people

webfact

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since everyone is pointing fingers at the mystery bomber I thought id add my theory on who did it but based on facts. The bomber was human. That I am sure of. The bomber may or may not have left the scene. The bomber most likely had associates. The bomber had some success in his/her objectives, more than that achieved by any associates they have/had. They may or may not have more associates. I cannot make further finger pointing accusations because no further facts are available at this stage.

Well, it seems unlikely it is Islamic extremist related but it's possible.

For Islamic Jihad groups like ISIS Thailand isn't exactly a prime target and Southern Thai Muslim separatists have not in the past bombed Bangkok (which doesn't mean they haven't here or never will but it's a clue).

I suppose the Chinese Uighar issue could be a third Islam related possibility but I don't think it fits their pattern.

We shall see. I had feared for a long while that the Southern contagion would spread to the capital. Condolences to the relatives of the deceased and RIP to those who died.

Since everyone is pointing fingers at the mystery bomber I thought id add my theory on who did it but based on facts. The bomber was human. That I am sure of. The bomber may or may not have left the scene. The bomber most likely had associates. The bomber had some success in his/her objectives, more than that achieved by any associates they have/had. They may or may not have more associates. I cannot make further finger pointing accusations because no further facts are available at this stage.

He left the scene on a motorbike and the bomb blew up 3 minutes after he left the bag

Watched channel 3 just now the police say the bomb is a pipe bomb metal casing 4 inches loaded with 6mm ball bearings and is the same type thrown into the canal but police say it missed it's target likely aimed at the floating pier where many people are standing

yes, that kind of strange. Last night, as best as I recall, there was no mention in the news reports I saw about anything re ball bearings or pellets in the Erawan Shrine bomb.

But today, almost as an aside, the news reports on the Taksin pier bombing said that bomb had similar pellets/ball bearings or whatever to the one used at Erawan.

If those reports about the makeup of the bombs from the police are true, then the intention absolutely was to inflict the maximum number of civilian casualties possible. That hasn't been an element present in the past Thai local bombings in Bangkok, as best as I can recall.

Watched channel 3 just now the police say the bomb is a pipe bomb metal casing 4 inches loaded with 6mm ball bearings and is the same type thrown into the canal but police say it missed it's target likely aimed at the floating pier where many people are standing

yes, that kind of strange. Last night, as best as I recall, there was no mention in the news reports I saw about anything re ball bearings or pellets in the Erawan Shrine bomb.

But today, almost as an aside, the news reports on the Taksin pier bombing said that bomb had similar pellets/ball bearings or whatever to the one used at Erawan.

If those reports about the makeup of the bombs from the police are true, then the intention absolutely was to inflict the maximum number of civilian casualties possible. That hasn't been an element present in the past Thai local bombings in Bangkok, as best as I can recall.

They are draining the water where the bomb fell to try recover any more evidence

Thai social media are commenting on the likeness between this guy and the guy in the video

https://twitter.com/search?q=sunnyburns&src=typd

Seems the Aussie guy already reported to the police he is a teacher

The Aussie guy at police station https://scontent-sin1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/11887912_10153107191195665_4286904984653582807_n.jpg?oh=39eccf7910978163d7e4a4c9eabe6b9f&oe=56802CD1

With this kind of thing we now can conclude who is doing it with his own network and huge finances

Is it Basil Fawlty?............................ why dont you just "come out" and say it instead of "beating round the bush"

With this kind of thing we now can conclude who is doing it with his own network and huge finances

Is it Basil Fawlty?............................ why dont you just "come out" and say it instead of "beating round the bush"

Actually it is quite clear

About the bomb - I raised this point in another thread (#172):

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/849239-arab-like-man-seen-leaving-bag-at-erawan-shrine-before-bomb-explosion/page-7

I'm even more curious, now that the size of the bomb has been mentioned by police. Looking at the vids of the explosion, it seems to me to be an awfully big bomb, much bigger than what is described by police. But then I guess it depends on the type of explosive, which hasn't been mentioned. Would semtex make an explosion like that?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/849239-arab-like-man-seen-leaving-bag-at-erawan-shrine-before-bomb-explosion/page-7

I'm even more curious, now that the size of the bomb has been mentioned by police. Looking at the vids of the explosion, it seems to me to be an awfully big bomb, much bigger than what is described by police. But then I guess it depends on the type of explosive, which hasn't been mentioned. Would semtex make an explosion like that?

I think a 4 inch circumference is pretty big but I don't know whether you can pack 3kg TNT into it imagine the blue plastic pipes you buy for drains a 5 inch is pretty big

I think a 4 inch circumference is pretty big but I don't know whether you can pack 3kg TNT into it imagine the blue plastic pipes you buy for drains a 5 inch is pretty big

Some info from police mention 'TNT', in others it is 'gunpowder' (mind you, some gunpowders are a lot more powerfull, and 'faster', compared to TNT), both being, when I'm right, quite different in the blast they produce, ...and the residues they leave, so, what will it have been? Not that this matters in itself compared to the horror of the act.

Actually, the Thai press has been reporting consistently that the government says it was a pipe bomb (homemade) containing TNT (not C4). Try to inform yourself better before posting.

Pipe bomb big enough to make a blast like that would be the size of the sewage mains.

That's military grade explosives.

TNT is a military explosive...

TNT is also an explosive for rock blasting. Saw what US$20 million can do too.

It seems there is an accomplice he is the red shirt guy sitting before the bomber came in which the red shirt guy stood up giving the bomber the seat and after a while left

I saw that as well. Red shirt guy is sitting on the bench and seems to say something to the white shirt guy. Red shirt guy stands, yellow shirt guy sits and the red and white shirt guys stand shoulder to shoulder seemingly to block the view of the yellow shirt guy as he removes his backpack.

It seems there is an accomplice he is the red shirt guy sitting before the bomber came in which the red shirt guy stood up giving the bomber the seat and after a while left

I saw that as well. Red shirt guy is sitting on the bench and seems to say something to the white shirt guy. Red shirt guy stands, yellow shirt guy sits and the red and white shirt guys stand shoulder to shoulder seemingly to block the view of the yellow shirt guy as he removes his backpack.

Frankly speaking the lot don't look like Muslim terrorist to me!

Actually it is quite clear

No it's not. Only to you it seems. Presumably you have offered your evidence to the appropriate authorities? Just because you desperately want it to be your 'bogeyman' who is responsible it doesn't mean that it is, only in your fevered and warped imagination. You have no respect, people have lost loved ones and are grieving, all you can do is come out with your silly, uninformed theories. You should have a long hard look in the mirror, you are a disgrace.

Latest news not yet confirmed yellow T-shirt guy caught at airport last night

Reported where?

Otherwise, total rumor, yes?

From my internal sources and I have pic

What are you? Secret police?

Nope but good source

Archived