Powerful bomb explode near Rajprasong intersection wounding 20 people

webfact

Police said Rajprasong bomb made of 5 kgs of TNT

BANGKOK: -- A police said the bomb that exploded at the Rajprasong Intersection was made of five kilogrammes of TNT explosive.

The source said the bomb was hidden under a roadside bench in front of the Phra Prom shrine.

The explosion had a radius of 40 metres, the source added.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Thai-Red-Cross-issues-urgent-plea-for-blood-donati-30266786.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-08-18

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trying to find anything positive in this cowardly mayhem, I believe the best info so far is that one or more bombs did not go off. Those bombs might lead the investigators quickly to the culprits. I pray for that.

Troubleis just getting the culprits tends not sort the 'real issues' out.

rijit

I really hope people around the world don't give into this cowardly act and continue to travel as usual. Not just Thailand but EU, US, Canada, and many other nations became targets for terrorism. That didn't stop the tourists going to those countries, and it shouldn't stop now. We can't let the cowards win.

Does this mean the tourists will stop coming?

The extreme violence on Bangkok streets in 2010 had little impact on tourist numbers and absolutely no impact on the value of the baht.

Yes but tourists were not targeted ,this is very different

I will be absolutely clear about my feelings when a tragedy such as this occurs.

The ONLY people who should be in the immediate area of such a disaster are MEDICAL, FIRE, AND LAW ENFORCEMENT personnel. NOT MEDIA! There is NOTHING that the media can add to this kind of situation at this time - NOTHING! They should GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY, and let the aforementioned people do their important jobs!

The details of what happened will be investigated by the experts AFTER the dead and injured are attended to. The media can not add anything by sensationalism to that effort! It is MUCH too early for the media to learn anything of importance until after the experts investigate.

Yes, in case you're not sure, I HATE THE MODERN DAY MEDIA!!

Witness to Bangkok blast aftermath: Bodies were mainly inside Erawan Shrine
By Coconuts Bangkok

blast.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Jussi Pajala was on the scene of this evening's deadly explosion at Rajaprasong intesection in Bangkok shortly after it happened.

When the 34-year-old Finnish national arrived, there was debris and broken glass around the shrine.

"I was eating at Pratunam when I heard the explosion. It sounded like a normal transformer explosion. I didn't think anything about it,” said Pajala.

Read More: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/08/17/witness-bangkok-blast-aftermath-bodies-were-mainly-inside-erawan-shrine

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-08-17

I will be absolutely clear about my feelings when a tragedy such as this occurs.

The ONLY people who should be in the immediate area of such a disaster are MEDICAL, FIRE, AND LAW ENFORCEMENT personnel. NOT MEDIA! There is NOTHING that the media can add to this kind of situation at this time - NOTHING! They should GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY, and let the aforementioned people do their important jobs!

The details of what happened will be investigated by the experts AFTER the dead and injured are attended to. The media can not add anything by sensationalism to that effort! It is MUCH too early for the media to learn anything of importance until after the experts investigate.

Yes, in case you're not sure, I HATE THE MODERN DAY MEDIA!!

I disagree. The media play and extremely important role in these situations.

Why so difficult in getting # killed?

I always fail to see peoples fascination with numbers dead, but since you ask, I suspect that lots of body parts spread around makes it more difficult to put an exact figure on it until all the bits are accounted for and matched up.

A tragic day for Thailand. my thoughts are with the people killed and injured, and the families n friends.

9pm Latest report says 27 dead including 4 foreigners - RT @TopNewsTH: ปภ.รายงานผู้เสียชีวิตล่าสุด เพิ่มเป็น 27 คน (เป็นชาวต่างชาติ 4 คน) /@Richard Barrow

RIP for all the victims and their families.

Anyone that can donate blood should do so wherever you are as this will make a significant dip in blood supply for Bangkok and Thailand. TRC is the center for the ENTIRE country and has only a stock of 1000 units of O and how much is O- I don't know. Remember that everyone can get O but group O can only receive O, especially O- that can ONLY receive O-! Sure, there are some deposes out in the provinces but when I have asked in the past they always say that they don't have big stocks!

RIP to the innocent people who paid with their lives and my sympathies to their families and friends.

Very few could understand better the uncertainty and the fear this type of situation casts on the innocent other than people in countries that have experienced it first hand. My only wish is that the Thai authorities find the culprits and send them to their creator ASAP, any which way they choose to.

Archived