Powerful bomb explode near Rajprasong intersection wounding 20 people

webfact

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good bless and R.I.P. to those that have been killed and speedy recovery to the injured.

But is anyone really surprised by this ?

You can not take control of a country by false and then tell people they are happy.

Sometimes people take actions for the greater good (ie the 'coup') but there is no way that bombings can ever be justified. It makes me feel sick inside and so sorry for the injured of whom many, no doubt, will have been left with serious disabilities. I hope the perpetrators are apprehended soon. I have seen the immediate results of a bombing in London and one in Belfast. It ain't nice. As an interesting side issue: my wife is quite clear that the southern insurgents would not invade Bangkok. Which begs the question .....

Could anyone who has been there confirm if this is Erawin Shrine?

attachicon.gifErawin Shrine.png

No.

Yes it is the Erawan Shrine next-door to Amarin Mall and Grand Hyatt. But damaged vehicles also in road at the junction. But it was only one explosion like a loud thunder clap but windows rattled more than with thunder. Lots of conflicting news reports but from what I saw on my way home from the office there were serious injuries in immediate area but no other damage outside of the Erawan / Chidlom junction

I will be absolutely clear about my feelings when a tragedy such as this occurs.

The ONLY people who should be in the immediate area of such a disaster are MEDICAL, FIRE, AND LAW ENFORCEMENT personnel. NOT MEDIA! There is NOTHING that the media can add to this kind of situation at this time - NOTHING! They should GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY, and let the aforementioned people do their important jobs!

The details of what happened will be investigated by the experts AFTER the dead and injured are attended to. The media can not add anything by sensationalism to that effort! It is MUCH too early for the media to learn anything of importance until after the experts investigate.

Yes, in case you're not sure, I HATE THE MODERN DAY MEDIA!!

I disagree. The media play and extremely important role in these situations.
Come on, Tropo! What "important role" does the media play? Sensational video of dead and injured people, and property destruction? We KNOW that. We don't need to see it to feel the impact of that! As I said, the media should just get the hell out of the way, and report FACTS, when they become available, that pertain to the source and motivation for this apparent intentional act. The media can NOT solve the crime. Their video and audio reports in the moments immediately following such an event can report the general fact that a massive explosion has occurred, with many people dead an injured. Beyond that, they can contribute NOTHING, at this point. GET OUT OF THE WAY!

Got to agree. This is a crime scene and the nature of explosive devices is for bits of evidence to be propelled hundreds of meters from the center. All the media are doing at this point is traipsing through a huge evidence field. They should leave that job to the authorities.

Sympathies to the family and friends of those lost and injured, and god-speed and god's-truth to the authorities investigating!!

Oh....!!! AND BAD WISHES TO ANY MEDIA THAT DISTORTS THE TRUTH

Like the media has a choice anyways.

Lets not jump to conclusions - 'bomb' and 'explosion' are the same word in Thai.

No they aren't.

Useless anyway. No more reasonable doubt that it was a terrorist bomb attack.

That was not a gas cartridge!

So, how does blowing up innocent people, Thai's or tourist's help ones cause? RIP innocent victims.

Forget tourism and the baht just pray this is a one off situation and not the beginning of daily chaos. Say a prayer for the innocent victims who were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Superstitious much??? Nothing fails like prayer! If prayer was effective, then this would not have happened in the first place. A single pair of hands DOING is infinitely more effective than a BILLION hands praying.

Tragic sights at Amarin. Looks like explosion was next to the Shrine and bikes and cars also hit by the blast. What I thought was remains of a car looks more like Amarin Shrine railings and bikes. Skywalk closed from Gaysorn. I am going to give blood but not sure where to go as Police General Hospital not accessible now?

Chula Hospital also is asking for blood donations.

I will be absolutely clear about my feelings when a tragedy such as this occurs.

The ONLY people who should be in the immediate area of such a disaster are MEDICAL, FIRE, AND LAW ENFORCEMENT personnel. NOT MEDIA! There is NOTHING that the media can add to this kind of situation at this time - NOTHING! They should GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY, and let the aforementioned people do their important jobs!

The details of what happened will be investigated by the experts AFTER the dead and injured are attended to. The media can not add anything by sensationalism to that effort! It is MUCH too early for the media to learn anything of importance until after the experts investigate.

Yes, in case you're not sure, I HATE THE MODERN DAY MEDIA!!

I disagree. The media play and extremely important role in these situations.
Come on, Tropo! What "important role" does the media play? Sensational video of dead and injured people, and property destruction? We KNOW that. We don't need to see it to feel the impact of that! As I said, the media should just get the hell out of the way, and report FACTS, when they become available, that pertain to the source and motivation for this apparent intentional act. The media can NOT solve the crime. Their video and audio reports in the moments immediately following such an event can report the general fact that a massive explosion has occurred, with many people dead an injured. Beyond that, they can contribute NOTHING, at this point. GET OUT OF THE WAY!

Got to agree. This is a crime scene and the nature of explosive devices is for bits of evidence to be propelled hundreds of meters from the center. All the media are doing at this point is traipsing through a huge evidence field. They should leave that job to the authorities.

Another point of view is that the media outrages the online thai community and that will push the police to do their job better. Thai "netizens" seem to get the police to do their job when they get outraged. Atleast thats what I have noticed in my 4 years here.

Good bless and R.I.P. to those that have been killed and speedy recovery to the injured.

But is anyone really surprised by this ?

You can not take control of a country by false and then tell people they are happy.

Sometimes people take actions for the greater good (ie the 'coup') but there is no way that bombings can ever be justified. It makes me feel sick inside and so sorry for the injured of whom many, no doubt, will have been left with serious disabilities. I hope the perpetrators are apprehended soon. I have seen the immediate results of a bombing in London and one in Belfast. It ain't nice. As an interesting side issue: my wife is quite clear that the southern insurgents would not invade Bangkok. Which begs the question .....

I hope you're right about the southern insurgents, although I have often wondered if and when they just might decide to make a mark or two on Bkk.

I agree about bombing innocent people - a very very low act which can never be justified.

Archived