10 year old killed in car-train collision in Hua Hin

webfact

10 Year Old Killed in Car-Train Collision in Hua Hin

HUA HIN – A 10-year-old girl has been killed and her mother critically injured when their car was hit by a train at an ad hoc rail crossing in Hun Hin district Pol Lt Prasong Jarurat reported Monday.

Pol Lt Prasong Jarurat, a duty officer at Hua Hin police station, said Aumpawan Nuamoon was driving her new Nissan Almera with her daughter in the front seat when her she cut in front of Chumphon-bound train No. 255 on Hua Hin Soi 2, opposite the city’s airport, shortly after noon.

The train slammed into the left side of the car, killing Ms Aumpawan’s daughter instantly and pushing the car 50 meters down the tracks, ASTV-Manager Online reported.

Full story: http://www.chiangraitimes.com/10-year-old-killed-in-car-train-collision-in-hua-hin.html

-- CHIANGRAI TIMES 2015-08-18

There's. No warning systems or barriers here. I have used it any times but, always careful to look along the line. I have never liked railway crossing since I was kid so maybe extra vigilant. It's a quiet soi so there would be no problem stopping or slowing up in the interests of self preservation.

.....have you seen the stunts that are displayed on television car ads.....

....makes any ignorant individual believe they can even fly....if they just buy the car being promoted......

....terrible...terrible.....

...such a senseless tragedy and loss.....

R.I.P young lady.

Was there a railroad crossing gate with flashing lights to warn them?

Was the train blowing it's whistle as a warning as it approaches all crossings?

I seriously doubt it, not in the land of no safety.

It did say "Ad Hoc Railroad Crossing - to me means, locally favricated so they can get across the tracks, have seen them all over Thailand, they fill the gaps with dirts - Rocks so peple can moto across...........pbly wouldn't have helped, but aren't kids under 12 supposed to rise n the back seats??thumbsup.gif

RIP Little One, hope your next life is a lot longer.

and we will be reading about this same scenario in a few weeks time, the same as running red lights, i see hundreds every day, a poor young ladies life wasted,because an adult could not take a few seconds to look for a train coming.

R.I.P young lady.

There was no safety equipment at this location though its had been requested.

Looking at Google Earth it appears that this location is not really a "road crossing" that may explain why safety equipment was denied and why the train wouldn't blow a warning as SOP. In fact the article refers to the location as "an ad hoc crossing."

I suspect local people started to simply cross the tracks due to the proximity of a major highway; thus, creating an unofficial vehicular path. I don't think any train system can be expected to install safety equipment at every informal crossing.

But the authorities should have as a minimum conducted a study in response to previous equipment requests to determine if traffic patterns justified a formal street crossing. Maybe it did, maybe not.

R.I.P young lady.

There was no safety equipment at this location though its had been requested.

Looking at Google Earth it appears that this location is not really a "road crossing" that may explain why safety equipment was denied and why the train wouldn't blow a warning as SOP. In fact the article refers to the location as "an ad hoc crossing."

I suspect local people started to simply cross the tracks due to the proximity of a major highway; thus, creating an unofficial vehicular path. I don't think any train system can be expected to install safety equipment at every informal crossing.

But the authorities should have as a minimum conducted a study in response to previous equipment requests to determine if traffic patterns justified a formal street crossing. Maybe it did, maybe not.

R.I.P young lady.

There was no safety equipment at this location though it had been requested.

basically it is an illegal crossing, once they venture onto the tracks, ie the crossing, they are trespassing, they have no right to make these self made crossings they are not official.sad to say it took an innocents life.

R.I.P young lady.

Reading the report would answer 50% of your questions.

Archived