First time in Thailand, and first Thai "girlfriend"

haja5

So I met this girl in Thailand. Via thaifriendly I was the first person to message her apparently. Saw the new member tag and went for it. Turns out we are having great times besides the struggling language barrier. Here is the thing I'm not sure about the cultural things to watch out for. She texts me everyday saying she misses me. Tells me she thinks she is falling in love. Every time we go out (once or twice a week) she always wants to pay for it or doesn't like me buying it all. First date we went on she bought my meal. She started holding hands with me, but seems like she doesn't enjoy me touching her back. Also I try to kiss her head to intiant something, but she always pulls away and says her hair is dirty or something. She seems distance yet always messages me how much she misses me. Is dating thai a matter of immense patience or is this a different situation?

Please enlighten me on what's going on with the Thai side of dating.

Thanks for the answers and help.

She is a female. I am sure of it. I am just wondering if this is some slow paced thai dating, or if its something else I should look out for. She has never used a dating site before. I just find it odd why she is saying she may love me, says she always misses me, and pays for alot when we do go out. I've meet her friends already...very nice group. No I wasn't forced to pay for there meals. She seems attracted but distant cant put my finger on it.

She is a female. I am sure of it. I am just wondering if this is some slow paced thai dating, or if its something else I should look out for. She has never used a dating site before. I just find it odd why she is saying she may love me, says she always misses me, and pays for alot when we do go out. I've meet her friends already...very nice group. No I wasn't forced to pay for there meals. She seems attracted but distant cant put my finger on it.

Try a little lower.

Haha, I am in the clear. Hands are good, adams apple is clear, voice is petite actually sings very well.

Make sure you have sex with her before you marry her. Make that a requirement.

Also see if she gives a good massage....tell her your back hurts.

Check out her cooking...and if she is worldly enough to try out some farang food...not strictly thai.

Most of all.....tell her you cannot pay sin sod...can pay for a wedding and a bit of gold.

• Like 2

Your education is just beginning.

Most of us on this forum have graduated already... some of us cum laude.

And for some it was a very expensive education...................Internet educations aren't always cheaper coffee1.gif

• Like 1

I used to have bets with myself on how long it would take for the first request for money. Normally 2 weeks they test the water. Would always start to get my hopes up after week 6 if no stories that I'd found Mrs right but usually dissapointed. Was always 20k thb first request too. Never more never less. They must learn that at school or something. They're cunning but not too smart usually. Pretty easy to play them back at their own game. Promises of "big money" and gold in the future yields all kinds of positive results. By the time they wake up your ready to move on anyway

Edited by Kenny202
  • Like 2

OP, how old are you and the GF?

What I've found is that Thai girls find it very easy to lie in English. Thai girls can say in English "I love you" and it won't mean as much as saying it in Thai. I assume the OP has been speaking exclusively in English with his "GF."

• Like 1

"Is dating a Thai a matter of immense patience?"

In a word, Yes. But if she is a good one it will be worth the effort. The only advice I can give is to forget everything you ever learned about dating. You are already off to a good start.