Buying the Cheapest CONDO in Pattaya/Jomtien Area

50baht

Where are the cheapest Condos on the market in the Pattaya/Jomtien Area ?

Can be put in Thai name if cheaper. Can be in need of full renovation.

looking for rock bottom price. AC/Shower/Bed is all that is needed.

Edited by Rimmer
Irrelevant over large picture removed

How low do you want to go?

I guess a small crappy one away from the tourist zone could be had for under 500K.

Just a guess.

Long time ago I was looking at one in that range just for fun.

Glad I didn't bite as the development turned out to be a disaster.

Edited by Jingthing

How low do you want to go?

I guess a small crappy one away from the tourist zone could be had for under 500K.

Just a guess.

Long time ago I was looking at one in that range just for fun.

Glad I didn't bite as the development turned out to be a disaster.

Anything with a roof that does not leak, Electricity for AC, A Bed area and a Shower and toilet.

Can it be had for $350,000 baht ?

do this search in kaidee.com

https://www.kaidee.com/c17p16dst151-realestate-condo/chonburi-bang-lamung/?price_start=100000&price_end=400000

Most of the results will be for down payments but the odd one under 400K all in will come up from a private Thai seller such as this one:

https://www.kaidee.com/product-108901719/

Don't expect any facilities like an elevator, swimming pool or building security.

I have a Thai friend who has a condo like this one on Phatthaya Tai 16, it actually looks more like a Thai style apartment but the building is registered for condo's at the land office and they bought it for about 300K.

Don't expect to find these type of units at the farang property offices, you need to look in the Thai language websites and papers.

IMO you need to add about 1 million baht to this budget to get something you will actually enjoy living in though!

good luck with your search.

Edited by jay1980

You should be able to buy a condo at 'Flybird" Soi 17, for about 350K or maybe a little cheaper ( about half a kilometer from 3rd road, heading towards Threprasit )

Spot on ! This condo had the lowest prices I have ever encountered in Pattaya, at that time around 150,000Bht !!

Just read these words my friend "development turned out to be a disaster" if it was me, I would look for established condos and make sure you sus out the area especially at 3am because that is when you will be sleeping not wanting to listen to some Sonchai cranking up the karoke just like in Soi 2 or 3 Jomtien near ACDC hotel, its a NO SLEEP zone.

Building registered as condo at land office ? Never heard about this, what is the difference at the land office ? And what is the difference between a condo and an apartment :-)

do this search in kaidee.com

https://www.kaidee.com/c17p16dst151-realestate-condo/chonburi-bang-lamung/?price_start=100000&price_end=400000

Most of the results will be for down payments but the odd one under 400K all in will come up from a private Thai seller such as this one:

https://www.kaidee.com/product-108901719/

Don't expect any facilities like an elevator, swimming pool or building security.

I have a Thai friend who has a condo like this one on Phatthaya Tai 16, it actually looks more like a Thai style apartment but the building is registered for condo's at the land office and they bought it for about 300K.

Don't expect to find these type of units at the farang property offices, you need to look in the Thai language websites and papers.

IMO you need to add about 1 million baht to this budget to get something you will actually enjoy living in though!

good luck with your search.

Building registered as condo at land office ? Never heard about this, what is the difference at the land office ? And what is the difference between a condo and an apartment :-)

I did not say the

'building registered as condo'

I said

'the building is registered for condo's'

Of course a 'landed' building cannot be registered as a condo.

For a building to be split into units and each unit sold as a condo for ownership with a separate charnote for each unit, the building is registered to be a condo building at the land office. There is generally a committee made up of some of the unit owners and an agm all unit owners can attend to give some input in how things are run in the building.

In Thailand generally an apartment building has an owner and only one charnote for the whole building and all the units inside the apartment building are rented with the rent going to the owner or company that own's the building.

The owner of an apartment building cannot generally sell the units legally until the land office officially recognized the building as being a condo building and measured the individual units so a charnote can be issued to the units owners.

Of course there are mixed use buildings but that is generally the difference between a condo building and an apartment building.

I hope that helps.

Edited by jay1980

Never buy real estate in Thailand for way too many reasons. I can't even be bothered writing them down for the 500th time.

Why would you buy anything? Remember there are always ongoing fees for condos. Those fees can be half the price of an inexpensive rental. There is so much great value out there in the rental market, you're crazy if you buy.

So when the war breaks out between the owners and the condo management or you have the neighbor from hell move in next door, you get to leave if you rent. Everyone I know who bought, either wants out or has already sold. Buy a place in Patts? What the...

Buying is a terrible financial decision.

Not far from us are ones for around 350k, just south of Alankarn. Instead of locking yourself into something you might later regret, I'd suggest you rent for a year. Rent is very reasonable here.

If you mean the Keha / barn ohh arton government housing estate.

post-2109-0-95842100-1440043034_thumb.jp

I believe the price is now 420,000 for a 33 Sqm 1 bed "apartment"

These are 3 storey blocks with 16 "rooms" per floor no lift just stairs

They are minimally finished with balcony ( that most turn into kitchen)

construction / finish quality is very low lots of problems with plumbing leaks under floor tiles in walls ( into unit below ) ground floor units also have sewage pipe problems again bad construction but quite cheap and easy to solve.

Electrical wiring is ok with earth but again low quality fittings so switches and plugs break easily.

There is no sound insulation so someone banging on their mortar and pestle at 4am will be heard throughout the whole building

windows also are not sound/ aircon proof.

The area is kept reasonably clean by a team of workers who sweep up daily and take large disposed of items to the dump /tip twice a month grass is cut by another team every couple of months.

recently they installed childrens playgrounds and fenced in courtyards for ball games a lot of Thai families ( and a few foreigners ) live here.

They have "security guards" at front and back gates.

rent on these start at 2000 per month electric paid direct to government water is slightly more than government rate as they pump it to storage tanks underground then up onto the roof ( water pressure on 3rd floor is low )

Certainly not luxury accommodation ....but not as bad as it first seems.

John: that's it! I've got a friend living there. As I said before, for 2k/month, you can try something like this out before buying. Also, not far from there, and very near the beach, are some smaller Thai style apartments for about the same rental price. And only a few hundred meters from the sea. Not bad.

That place you describe is just too big for me. There are many buildings and the traffic can be quite busy at times...

Not far from us are ones for around 350k, just south of Alankarn. Instead of locking yourself into something you might later regret, I'd suggest you rent for a year. Rent is very reasonable here.

If you mean the Keha / barn ohh arton government housing estate.

attachicon.gifSAM_0143 (Medium).JPG

I believe the price is now 420,000 for a 33 Sqm 1 bed "apartment"

These are 3 storey blocks with 16 "rooms" per floor no lift just stairs

They are minimally finished with balcony ( that most turn into kitchen)

construction / finish quality is very low lots of problems with plumbing leaks under floor tiles in walls ( into unit below ) ground floor units also have sewage pipe problems again bad construction but quite cheap and easy to solve.

Electrical wiring is ok with earth but again low quality fittings so switches and plugs break easily.

There is no sound insulation so someone banging on their mortar and pestle at 4am will be heard throughout the whole building

windows also are not sound/ aircon proof.

The area is kept reasonably clean by a team of workers who sweep up daily and take large disposed of items to the dump /tip twice a month grass is cut by another team every couple of months.

recently they installed childrens playgrounds and fenced in courtyards for ball games a lot of Thai families ( and a few foreigners ) live here.

They have "security guards" at front and back gates.

rent on these start at 2000 per month electric paid direct to government water is slightly more than government rate as they pump it to storage tanks underground then up onto the roof ( water pressure on 3rd floor is low )

Certainly not luxury accommodation ....but not as bad as it first seems.

Johng,

Just a word about your post, all Thai condo construction is basically the same, with absolutely no integral impact or transmitted sound insulation sandwiched into the concrete floor pan. This applies to 20K per sq. meter condo's all the way up to 150 K per sq. meter. So it's a "lucky Dip" situation regarding your upstairs neibour and the noise.

Johng,

Just a word about your post, all Thai condo construction is basically the same, with absolutely no integral impact or transmitted sound insulation sandwiched into the concrete floor pan. This applies to 20K per sq. meter condo's all the way up to 150 K per sq. meter. So it's a "lucky Dip" situation regarding your upstairs neibour and the noise.

Indeed. I've seen a lot of condos here and I've yet to see one that was constructed with a view to minimising impact noise.

Also, bizarrely, there seems to be no after-market for the installation of impact noise reducing products. And only a tiny (and very expensive) after-market for double glazing too. Very odd.

I know of a farang who bought a basic 35sq apartment in a building complex that was mostly lived in by locals. He made sure he rented the place out for a couple months and switched to another apartment on a higher floor and found it to be less noisy at night. He bought it for under 400,000 baht. He could have afforded a 3 million baht condo but only wanted a place that he could live in when he flew to Thailand during the winter months. He does not regret it so if someone is looking for a Cheap Charlie apartment to purchase, it may mean he is a Wise Charlie.