Special bomb suspect hunting team detain a Frenchman for questioning

webfact

Special bomb suspect hunting team detain a Frenchman for questioning

BANGKOK: -- A French man was being questioned by a special police team assigned to hunt down the Ratchaprasong deadly bomb explosion after he was rejected to board a flight back to the United Kingdom yesterday.

The man identified as Mr Louis Nelson David Marie Delapalme, a French nationality, was rejected to board a British Airways Flight yesterday afternoon after his passport No 11CL73181 was soaked with water.

The airline staff refused to let him board the plane for UK reasoning that his passport was wet.

Denied boarding by the airline, he then waited at the Airport Rail Link terminal to return to the capital.

Tourist police at Suvarnabhumi airport saw him and then helped him to coordinate with the French embassy to apply for new travel document.

However as he resembled the wanted bomb suspect, and has wound on his right hand, same as the cloth bands worn on both arms of the bomb suspect, the tourist police then booked him for questioning.

The Frenchman claimed the wound on his arm was caused by a bite from a snake while he visited Chiang Mai.

The tourist police then detained him and alerted the special police team to investigate. The special team is headed by the new national police chief Pol Gen Jaktip Chaichinda who will succeed the current police chief when he retires end of September.

According to the special police team, the bomb suspect who was seen in the video footage wearing cloth bands on both his arms might try to conceal some cut wounds on his arms.

As the Frenchman has wound on his arm, the special police team then took him in custody at an undisclosed place for questioning.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/special-bomb-suspect-hunting-team-detain-a-frenchman-for-questioning

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-08-19

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here we go.. Gestapo time. They going to arrest everyone they see wearing a bandage on their arm? Manhunts rarely produce desired results and usually injure more innocent people than criminals.

What justification is it to to refuse boarding if a passport got wet and to be detained by immigration?

Saw that guy's picture yesterday morning making the social media rounds - he posted on his Facebook 19 hours ago photos of his interrogation so I assume he has been either released or is no longer a suspect. He doesn't seem to look that much like the suspect. Light skin, blue eyes.

Edited by Zolt

Here we go.. Gestapo time. They going to arrest everyone they see wearing a bandage on their arm? Manhunts rarely produce desired results and usually injure more innocent people than criminals.

What justification is it to to refuse boarding if a passport got wet and to be detained by immigration?

A wet passport is phony as the biometric data chip inside the passport may have been tampered with and then soaked to provide a probable cause for the malfunction.

Resemblance and wound on the arm is IMO enough to warrant at least a questioning as well as testing for explosives residue.

"However as he resembled the wanted bomb suspect" means he looks like the guy on the video.

Saw that guy's picture on Monday - he posted on his Facebook 19 hours ago photos of his interrogation so I assume he has been either released or is no longer a suspect.

I think that's the Australian guy you're talking about.

Sorry got the dates mixed around. Definitely saw his pic tuesday morning.

"However as he resembled the wanted bomb suspect" means he looks like the guy on the video.

....that's interesting, as today's sketch of the bomber shows him to be obviously asian. Do they even know his race?

"Here we go.. Gestapo time. They going to arrest everyone they see wearing a bandage on their arm?"

Here we go, daft comment time. No, they're not going to arrest everyone with a bandage but they may question people with a particular type of bandage trying to leave the country in unusual circumstances, don't you think?

Perhaps the passport was illegible because it was wet or maybe officials thought the passport and it's condition and possibly the holder's explanation to be suspicious enough to stop him boarding.

h90,

Don't you wish you could say you think he MUST be an AMERICAN!!

Come on and tell the truth..

I created this account because Nelson is my friend, he's innocent, that was a big mistake.

So who are you NLB ? A Thai citizen ?

French citizen, i'm studying with Nelson. He told me everything yesterday so i'm looking for some stuff about that on internet

I created this account because Nelson is my friend, he's innocent, that was a big mistake.

French citizen, i'm studying with Nelson. He told me everything yesterday so i'm looking for some stuff about that on internet

Wait result of investigation...... Are you sutdy at comedian cours florent ?

By detaining Foreigners with wet Passports at the Airport indicates clearly that they are clueless and are not having a "Hot Trail" to follow up on.

Since, (unless you are from the south) Thai people don't throw bombs and the red-shirts have already declared that they have nothing to do with it, there obviously must be some foreign devils involved.

Thai logic at it's best.

Cheers.

Wait result of investigation...... Are you sutdy at comedian cours florent ?

Yes indeed ! Haha ! You know everything. Nelson he's free right now, they kept him just 2 hours.

No its means they have to be seen to be doing something, looks nothing like the guy on the video or if he does by the same measure they should be arresting about 20% of men in the country.

h90,

Don't you wish you could say you think he MUST be an AMERICAN!!

Come on and tell the truth..

????

I am neither American nor French. Nor do I think that holding the passport of a country makes you better or worse. The only bias I may have is against the more fanatic members of a religion.

So no I don't have any specific wishes.....Doesn't matter at all for me if he is French, Swiss, American, Chinese or Thai. But wouldn't like to hear my country.....

No its means they have to be seen to be doing something, looks nothing like the guy on the video or if he does by the same measure they should be arresting about 20% of men in the country.

I also think that he doesn't look like the man from the drawing. But I could be wrong

Next we're gonna hear the Illustrious, Brilliant Police saying:

"Well, we know who they are, but we have it on reliable information they have already fled the country."

Reporter: "How they they leave the country."

Police: "Ah, we don't know."

Reporter: "Where did they go to?"

Reporter: "So, what's going to happen now?"