New Fortuner v Isuzu SUV

fang37

I Test Drove a Fortuner last year and it drove like a truck and sounded like a truck! Have they made a newer model in the last few months because my neighbor bought a Fortuner (still has red tags)) recently and it sounds like a pickup? I am amazed that Thai's would pay the extra money for a pickup with

a SUV body on it! My wife wanted one but the only reason she gave me was "everyone has one"! I told her "We" didn't need one!

I Test Drove a Fortuner last year and it drove like a truck and sounded like a truck! Have they made a newer model in the last few months because my neighbor bought a Fortuner (still has red tags)) recently and it sounds like a pickup? I am amazed that Thai's would pay the extra money for a pickup with

a SUV body on it! My wife wanted one but the only reason she gave me was "everyone has one"! I told her "We" didn't need one!

They released a new model last month. It's much better than the one you drove.

"Everyone has one" reminds my of <deleted> :P

Most specs are very similar of most SUV's and pick up trucks available in Thailand. Mitsu and Mazda stand out for their latest technology (6 and 8 gear box respectively) and are most fuel efficient imho.

For looks, I think that the new Fortuner is ugly compared with the model before, it looks a lot like a Harrier and it brakes like a ten wheeler truck too but it does have more comfort than the MU-X.

I think also that the MU-X looks horrible inside especially, outside its just a copy of the old model Fortuner, but the steering wheel and console and inside decoration look lik that of a Lada !

Most specs are very similar of most SUV's and pick up trucks available in Thailand. Mitsu and Mazda stand out for their latest technology (6 and 8 gear box respectively) and are most fuel efficient imho.

There's actually some fairly substantial differences between them - especially when you consider packaging and pricing:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/844998-2015-ppv-body-on-frame-suv-comparison/?p=9689112

Depending on your own POV, the differences can be anything from novelties to deal breakers though, of course.

seen both PPVs on the road. surely fortuner's come a long way, but no special tech has gone into designing it; diesels are now just more refined. 4x4 transmission is a step back from the previous version, so, it's a concentration of gadgets. real engineering goes into hybrid, hydrogen et al. fortuner and the likes are just best-selling-pickup-underneath-road-menaces tongue.png

To those who have purchased the new model Fortuner.

Has the dealer offered any incentives, discounts or similar? DETAILS?

I am a cash buyer; no trade.

No incentives yet.. Mitsu is offering a shitload but have not had a test drive yet..

I have looked at both and have just ordered the top Fortuner, drives very well and very comfortable. Not wise to choose a car for it colour availability more so safety comfort and after sales service. Toyota hands down.

What is the waiting kist like on these new models pls? Heard three months for some cars that's crazy!

Yesterday, wife booked a new Pajero - 4WD - auto - diesel - smaller engine. Small deposit - about 70 booked in CNX yesterday. Delivery - maybe November.

No incentives other than 1 year Class 1 insurance & B50k reduction for purchasers of the 4WD.

Yesterday, wife booked a new Pajero - 4WD - auto - diesel - smaller engine. Small deposit - about 70 booked in CNX yesterday. Delivery - maybe November.

No incentives other than 1 year Class 1 insurance & B50k reduction for purchasers of the 4WD.

If they can book 70 vehicles in one day in one city, they don't need to give incentives. What you got is OK, and the pjs is the best value of them all at the moment, with the everest being the best all rounder (according to the Bangkok Post, anyway).

Not overseen on the colour of the leather seats on the 4wd fortuner. Does anyone else feel the same?

I've disliked the black & brown color scheme ever since it first debuted on the D-Max and Colorado 4 years ago.