Anyone know what kind of spider this is?

ldiablo

I found this thing in my toilet bowl yesterday while I was doing my number 2. I have obviously cropped the photo so as to not show you the nasty. I am curious as to what kind of spider this is as it is the 4th one I have found in my house nut the first one in my toilet. Obviously it was hiding somewhere in the toilet when I sat down.

post-217719-14400458260199_thumb.jpg

Did it look like this? Took this photo a few years ago and it is a huntsman spider. I spot one occasionally around and in the house.

19696424700_02972786af.jpg

Ive got one living in the car somewhere, sometimes when you open the door its in the hinge recess area I called it Beryl..

I agree ^^^, 99% it's a Huntsman.

We have a huge one that lives behind the wardrobe he (she) often comes out when we're watching TV (probably likes Thai soaps).

Totally harmless to us, eats bugs.

OMG this is the WONKA WILLY BUST A NUT Spider Very Dangerous and a vicious little guy

Waits in ambush for only farang men. When it senses your about to put a leather wallet full of cash in your pants it then bits your hand and makes off with the cash

Something similar to the way Thai woman do it

Not a Daddy long legs.....

It looks like a normal Thai "house" spider......they seem to be called "huntsmen" by most Farang...not sure what the Thai name is.

Normally quite small bodied, their legs extend 5 cm 8cm or more.

Huntsmen - don't spin webs, they chase prey.........

All spiders have a venomous bite.... it's how they kill/paralyse their prey but they are seldom harmful to humans......some spider bites require hospital treatment and many other bites are incorrectly attributed to spiders too. (Dr No has a lot to answer for - in the book, I believe it was a centipede)

As they eat undesirable insects their presence is quite possibly beneficial

I'm not good on spiders....I actually hate getting up close....the one in your hand is rather spectacularly coloured and you can clearly see his fangs! - although it looks like the front legs are raised in anger, the fangs don't seem to be at the ready though.

Edited by cumgranosalum

Had a big one on the wife' family farm. So I cross-bred it with a chicken. Now we all can have a leg !

Oh dear ,thats so funny hahahahcheesy.gif of course if u were real smart you would have bred it with a takab or millipede.............pls try harder next timewai2.gif

What about this one ? I found it on Koh Kood island last year ? It didn't seem really happy !

"It didn't seem really happy !"

Oh, I don't know. 'Looks like a rather enthusiastic pose to me. If that one gets any bigger, it'll be taking selfies!