Bangkok bomb: Their Majesties offer aid to slain victims' kin

webfact

DEADLY EXPLOSION
Their Majesties offer aid to slain victims' kin
The Nation

30267119-01_big.jpg

Monarch to also reimburse cost of medical treatment

BANGKOK: -- THEIR MAJESTIES the King and Queen have granted Bt90,000 in financial aid to each of the families of victims killed in Monday's bloody bomb blast.

The explosion, which rocked the Erawan Shrine in the heart of Bangkok, caused at least 20 deaths and injured more than 100 others.

Many of the injured victims were still being treated yesterday while six were in intensive-care units.

Government Spokesman Maj-General Sansern Kaewkamnerd said Their Majesties would also pay for the medical cost that could not be reimbursed.

"Privy councillors have been assigned to take flowers to the injured victims," he added.

Pol General Chaiyong Keeratikajohn, adviser Level 10 of the National Police Office, separately said that of the 20 people known killed, 14 were foreigners.

"Five were Chinese nationals, five were Malaysians, two were Hong Kong residents, one was an Indonesian and one a Singaporean," he said.

The bodies of all the deceased have been identified.

The Thai government and Thai Airways International will help transport the foreign victims' bodies to their homelands.

The families of foreign victims will receive Bt300,000 compensation from the Tourism and Sports Ministry through a fund set up to provide coverage to foreign tourists.

The compensation will be on top of the Bt100,000 that the Justice Ministry has provided.

Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-Ngam and PM's Office Minister ML Panadda Diskul will today attend religious rites dedicating merit to people killed by the blast.

Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-ocha said the rites would be held in accordance with the beliefs of five religions. He urged those who wished to conduct rituals in memory of the victims to join the same event.

"Don't hold the rituals separately as that may lead to other problems such as traffic," Prayut said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Their-Majesties-offer-aid-to-slain-victims-kin-30267119.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-08-21

Friendly reminder:

In using Thai Visa you agree to abide by the following terms:

1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.

By law, the Thai Royal Family are above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.*

Discussion of the Lese Majeste law or Lese Majeste cases is permitted on the forum, providing no comment or speculation is made referencing the royal family.

To breach these rules may result in immediate ban.

Linking to external sites which break these rules will be treated as if you yourself posted them.

Forum Rules: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

/Admin

Whilst this is a nice gesture i would have thought a few more zeros on the amount would be more appropriate.

At $2500 per person that's $50000 !! Quite a large sum if you ask me...

Edited by Rimmer
Not in good taste

This is a fine gesture by HMK and HMQ but I am wondering why the government is happy to dump some "medical expenses that can't be reimbursed" on others at all. The injured were all taken to the Police General Hospital opposite the blast site. Surely the police or the government could make sure none of the victims were presented with a bill at all. Fortunately the royals pay close attention to detail.

Whilst this is a nice gesture i would have thought a few more zeros on the amount would be more appropriate.

At $2500 per person that's $50000 !! Quite a large sum if you ask me..

We obviously live very different lives if you think 2500$ is a lot of money for the loss of a life my friend.

The cost of repatriation of a body is 4 times this amount alone.

No matter what was done, I'm sure you would have found reason to comment negatively. Some people seem to live for such opportunities to make disparaging remarks ... no matter how politely framed.

Edited by Suradit69

We obviously live very different lives if you think 2500$ is a lot of money for the loss of a life my friend.

Closer to 8 times that much thesedays after you factor in everything unfortunately...

No matter what was done, I'm sure you would have found reason to comment negatively. Some people seem to live for such opportunities to make disparaging remarks ... no matter how politely framed.

No matter what was doen, you would have been able to see it through rose colored goggles.

Closer to 8 times that much thesedays after you factor in everything unfortunately...

The Thai government provided more than 3x that sum

The families of foreign victims will receive Bt300,000 compensation from the Tourism and Sports Ministry through a fund set up to provide coverage to foreign tourists.

Even taken together, these gestures could be viewed as less-than-appropriate given the gravity of the situation and depending on your perspective, too, of course.

Even taken together, these gestures could be viewed as less-than-appropriate given the gravity of the situation and depending on your perspective, too, of course.

Or..................................depending on whether you were a one-eyed junta basher, or not. whistling.gif

Let's not beat around the bush here.

"Don't hold the rituals separately as that may lead to other problems such as traffic," Prayut said.

so was he born with his foot in his mouth?

Prehaps he could have the same consideration when his own motorcade hits town, he and the other "vip's" bring total and utter chaos, which is totally unessesary.

so was he born with his foot in his mouth?

hahahah i know. I am sure the media twist his words to make him look like a fool. Surely everything he says cant be coming from his brain. If so WOW.

Or..................................depending on whether you were a one-eyed junta basher, or not. whistling.gif

Let's not beat around the bush here.

my post has nothing to do with the junta.

At $2500 per person that's $50000 !! Quite a large sum if you ask me...

The equivalent of me giving 1 baht...

With respect, i would have thought becasue they were injured in Thailand , or any other Country through a terrorist attack, Or Civil unrest the people would be taken care of by the Governments. involved,

But a Nice Gesture from the KIng and Family.

Edited by Thongkorn

Should have read the OP...

The Thai government and Thai Airways International will help transport the foreign victims' bodies to their homelands.

I hope that means at no cost...

If it were me, I would prefer a cremation in Thailand...

And my ashes scattered over a very nice reef off Thailand.

If my kin folk and friends wanted a service back in blighty they will have to substitute a urn for a coffin and pay DHL to ship em back and forth.