Bt10 million in reward offered

Lite Beer

ahhh hahaha Thaksin is putting up more than the Junta, too funny. gigglem.gif

Now we are getting in the realms of real interesting tea money. Everyone has a price here, lets hope the amount keeps rising until someone cracks.

It's not the first time Thaksin has put up money as a reward to catch a bomber-and to date he hasn't had to pay one baht. Perhaps he knows why.

Well, if I were a betting man I too would be quite confident in winning a bet against the BIB actually solving a case.

That's not very sporting of you - betting on a certainty!

Even if by some incredible accident they did, they wouldn't necessarily tell anyone, or do anything about it. Would depend on the answer.

' The authorities cannot release details at this point as that may affect ongoing investigations. "

Not bad coming after several days where talking and sheer speculation was the order of the day. Could of course be code for ' we don't have a clue '.

Or "we do have a clue but don't like that answer so are looking for a better one"'; or "we do have a clue but negotiations aren't complete yet".

The more I see of the BiB in action the less they resemble a police force. Seems they spread all sorts of conflicting and different possibilities before picking the one they like, that suits them, and then make "evidence" fit. How many time has this been repeated now?

Now we are getting in the realms of real interesting tea money. Everyone has a price here, lets hope the amount keeps rising until someone cracks.

It's not the first time Thaksin has put up money as a reward to catch a bomber-and to date he hasn't had to pay one baht. Perhaps he knows why.

Well, if I were a betting man I too would be quite confident in winning a bet against the BIB actually solving a case.

That's not very sporting of you - betting on a certainty!

Even if by some incredible accident they did, they wouldn't necessarily tell anyone, or do anything about it. Would depend on the answer.

I've often wondered about how many of the high profile cases over the years have actually been solved but the info has not been published for political reasons.

Yes everybody has their price at a total of 10 million bahts somebody should be coming forward its a big carrot. The PM said do not be scared come out and spend your money the country needs it so what are you waiting for.

''Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha yesterday urged the public to be eyes and ears for soldiers and police in a bid to ensure public safety and he called on people to quickly inform the authorities if they see anything suspicious...'

Smiling BBC gobshite is an embarassment .What are a few more ball bearings going to prove ?

...or until a patsie is found bah.gif

note to little Burma peeps : run........run.........run..............

As each day passes, the military ruler(s)' response becomes more absurd. Now we are witness to one upsmanship as the former PM Thaksin cannot resist the opportunity to impress upon the people that he "loves" Thailand more.

I suppose this is the Thai way. However, I consider them to all be crass for this reward game. If people love their country as much as they say they do, then they should not need a financial incentive to help, nor should the police need some dosh to do their job.

Thaksin could give his money to a fund to help the wounded. They will need rehab and income replacement. Some will be crippled for life having lost limbs or vision, or hearing. Others will have PTSD. No one in the government is talking about long term care. These victims need help.

Even if Thaksin did end up having to pay the reward he is offering, all he would surely be doing is paying back a tiny bit of what he owes wouldnt he?

Bt10 million in reward offered......................Bt15-million project to replace analog clocks at Parliament with digital ones.

.............less than the cost of some digital clocks.

Good point.

If the BIB could skim 40% off the top, then surely the reward would be 100 million baht.

''Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha yesterday urged the public to be eyes and ears for soldiers and police in a bid to ensure public safety and he called on people to quickly inform the authorities if they see anything suspicious...'

Smiling BBC gobshite is an embarassment .What are a few more ball bearings going to prove ?

Proved the RTP are crap at their jobs.

yep. Five days have past and the authorities still have no clue. Time for politics, trow in some rewards...

The credibility of Thailand sinks further when you have a convicted felon offering to pay a reward + additional sum to officials involved in arresting the bomber. Just ludicrous. Thaksin is allowed to do as he wishes, without fear of being brought back to face justice & his Police rank still hasn't been withdrawn. Farcical!!!

Absolutely nothing except to prove he's clueless.

The fact that the government offered only one million baht initially was probably greeted around the world with surprise, and ridicule. For a country that is the 28th largest economy in the world to offer about $28,000 was pretty juvenile, kee nyow mak mak, and amateurish.

Absolutely nothing except to prove he's clueless.

LOL he just proved they never even secured the crime scene, the RTP havnt even done a basic job or even half of one.

This was an international report, you think JC gives a stuff about their face or BS games ? nope he has freinds and reporting colleagues being sued by this country and has seen how corrupt and false it is here, JC will just report and show up the incompetence where he can, as he should.

Its good the BBC gets this incompetence out in plain view, its how you and every tourist is regarded and shows the care and importance the RTP and those in control prioritise... money over security or a crime scene

And a few million public saw it, good the truth should be told about the real priorities here for a change.

^Missing a few tiny ball bearings 50 meters away stuck high up in a wall ,in a very busy area proves nothing but the BBC reporters stupidity.It was really cringe worthy looking at this gobstites report.

Edited by anto

Any foreigners bought a lot of ball bearings? Any long haired foreigners had a haircut recently? Maybe said foreigner was wearing a wig? What about CCTV at airports? There are so many avenues of investigation. Thai police don't appear very good at investigating or forensics? Do they have a police rank of detective? You know, the person that investigates crimes? And is the science of detective work taught to and studied by police staff? Maybe my standards are too high? Farang want everything perfect too much?

I have looked and gave it much thought... This guy must have been a bomb expert that was hired by Thais

His now a ghost gone in the wind.... He will never be seen again

Sadly i think you will be proven correct. I would imagine as it was a well thought through plan, the cowardly sod behind it, would clearly have thought through his escape route. But should the police get a lucky break they may still track him down.

The sad part for me in this story was the call to further stigmatize and isolate 'outsiders' in the eyes of Thais.

would clearly have thought through his escape route. But should the police get a lucky break they may still track him down.

I'm convinced that guy planned his escape before placing the bomb. And consider the short ways out of this country. Cambodia so close. Same as harbor and a safe place on board.