Phuket tour bus catches fire; no injuries reported

Lite Beer

Phuket tour bus catches fire; no injuries reported

Eakkapop Thongtub

1440219518_1.jpg

PHUKET: A tour bus caught on fire in Koh Kaew last night (August 21) while it was on the way to the airport. No injuries have been reported.

A tour bus from Wichien Luklee company was on its way from Chalong to pick up passengers at Phuket International Airport when its engine caught on fire at Koh Kaew junction at 10:30pm.

Koh Kaew patrol police, Koh Kaew District Administration Organisation (Or Bor Tor), firemen and Kusoldharm rescue workers arrived on north bound of Thepkassattri Rd near soi Koh Kaew 23 to find the back of the bus covered in thick smoke and flames. It took firemen 20 minutes to put the fire out.

The bus driver, Chaiyan Kaewjan, 51, told patrol officers that he and his son were heading from Chalong to the airport to pick up tourists.

"When I reached the traffic lights at Koh Kaew junction,I glanced at the rear mirror and noticed thick smoke and flames coming out from the back of the bus. I immediately stopped and called for help,” Mr Chaiyan said.

"The constant friction between the loose electrical wires and circuit board caused a damage to the wires, which sparked the fire."

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-tour-bus-catches-fire-no-injuries-reported-53766.php?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-08-22

Any maintenance done ever on this death-trap Somchai ... ?

Lucky they didnt pick up the unsuspecting passengers yet or another tourist-disaster could have been a reality but oh, well more money-cattle is coming next week seems to be the mantra here ... bah.gif