Good place to buy frames for glasses

Hal65

I'm looking for some stylish new frames for my glasses. I don't have my prescription with me so hopefully it can be measured from my current pair. Are those Charon Optical franchise stores the best place to go, or is there a better option?

Don't know if you can wait, but over the years, I've found good quality frames are best bought back in the home country and far cheaper, at least they are in Canada. Also better quality glass, as I found out this spring after having to replace Thai-bought lenses again.

One of the optical chain outlets to stay away from is the Top Charoen Optical shop (uses a logo looking like 69 & colors of white a blue). These shops are all over the place and their staff is poorly trained, (young), and the company does not correct their mistakes. I ordered a pair of frames (one of their so called seasonal discounts) along with the glass. After I received them, I felt I my eyes were going opposite directions when focusing. I thought I would get use to them, but after three days, went back to get them adjusted/ or new prescribed lense. The staff took the glasses then told me to stop by two days later (they send them to BKK for the work.) I was told they could not fix the wrong vision on the glass which the amateur clerk was responsible for. A friend of mine went to another Top Charoen Optical shop and the special glass that was to darken in the sunlight did not work. He took his new glasses back to the shop and they would not replace the glasses. A couple years later, I stopped at a Top Charoen Optical shop just to purchase contact lenses (thinking it would not be too difficult and the location was along the street where I lived) and the shop did not have the prescribed number (which is common). Two months later (I get the daily contact lense one throws away) I stopped at the same shop and they still did not have the contact lense number I needed (which is a common prescribed number). The staff never took the effort to re-order the number. A chain that thrives on vacationing farnangs hoping they do not get noticed being poor in customer service or providing quality glasses.