Man Dropped Bag into Water Night Before Sathorn Pier Blast

Lite Beer

It looks to me like the second bomb was being discarded. If so, it may have been a back-up in case something went wrong with the first one. Enough time lapsed between the detonation of the first bomb and the ditching of the second for it to have been known that bomb one was successful. If indeed it was such a back-up, then both bombs timers must have been set by mobile phone. Two inferences: (1) the objective was to cause just one serious event; and (2) the bomb makers and masterminds were skilled and knew precisely what they were doing. Just my penny's worth.

But why have it timed for 16 hours later when detonation sooner would be better if discarding it? Did they hope it would float into a busier area? What are the currents like there? It is all quite odd but I would bet there was nefarious intent there. Lots of more private places to discard it.

nah... it was 30 minutes after the first bomb went off, police were probably scrambling and the guy was probably scared to get caught in a police check, so he needed to get rid of it quickly.

A bomb is heavy and doesn't float.

Detonation time... probably set by him with his phablet before dropping the bomb into the water, ti give ample time to leave the area.

Very plausable! he put the bomb down then played with his cell phone, then he moved the bag along the bridge a bit placed it down and kicked it over the side.

He probably was setting the timer, both bombers were using cell phones.

Both bombs used ball bearings, and supposedly both used TNT although I don't know how police know this as they stated that they got no residue from Erewan.

Your right, he had plenty of time to walk away and he did not seem to be panicked.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are some many videos of these people and none can be used for facial recognition? Also, seems like cell traffic could be used as well since the videos give a specific time and place for calls being made. Maybe be a large number, but they could be quickly narrowed down and cross referenced between sites. I assume the authorities have done this.

The footages of the guy in the blue T-shirt do suggest that by his posture that he had something heavy in the white plastic bag. The footage showing him on the bridge suggests that he waited until there were fewer people on the bridge before he kicked it into the water. The video shows that the large splash made by the bag hitting the water suggests to me that the contents of it were heavy. It's too much of coincidence that the bomb went off at this very same location.

The bombs may have been detonated by using the "clock apps", especially by setting the alarm on it to the desired time. For the first bomb, just enough time to leave the shrine, but still be close enough to verify it's success. The second bomb timed for 18 hours or so latter, to get rid of it, and to give the perpetrators time to get well away. This clock method would avoid the detection that can be made when making a mobile phonecall

As for the police throwing objects off the bridge, I guess they have to explore that and every avenue so that they can prove or disprove the possibility. We'd be the first to complain if ey didn't.

IMHO, The suspects are obviously intelligent and look young enough to be radical university students of sort.

Edited by mankondang

Wasn't it said at one point the erawin bomb was made by foreigner as it was not similiar to other bombs used in thailand before? So this bomb was under water for 16 hours before it exploded? Looks like all the special forces guys on the bar stools should be looked at carefully.

Why Why Why is the CCTV of such "low quality" ?

What purpose does it serve being of this "low quality" ?

Proving absolutely pointless having these "low quality" installations.

What is the benefit ?

No benefit whatsoever !

The picture quality is of such low quality because most of the funds allocated towards the purchase of the cameras was skimmed off, leaving only enough money for vastly inferior equipment :)

I wouldn't be one of those divers for a million dollars ... sick.gif

It's a good point: in all the (legitimate) criticism of the management of the investigation , credit and gratitude has to be given to those front-line people, first responders and others, who have had to do and see terrible things.

Isnt this one of the normal recycle points in Bangkok just chuck your bag of rubbish into the river and it automatically recycles the polystyrene and plastic glass paper into the appropriate compartments and you can relax with a clear conscious knowing you have done your bit to save the planet, and make Thailand that little bit greener.