Somyot cannot affirm Bangkok bomber still in Thailand

webfact

If they were serious, they would put 100MB for getting the bomber and their complies. they will sell their mother for this high bounty

...and just to stop a witch hunt....if they finger the wrong person, they must pay a million+ baht to the victims.

More than likely bomber has returned to his normal routine, not making himself stand out is something he's pretty good at as we have so far seen.

Absolutely none of this points to bomber being anything other than Thai, someone who can easily blend in and then just go on as normal.

I don't get the PR benefit of having such a press conference in front of a go go bar especially named SUCKERS. At first I thought it was a satire piece. Is this a ploy to lure the international tourists? Really, really BIZARRE.

Indeed. Their judgement is not borderline, marginal, a bit off, line-ball, dubious or questionable....they're 100% clueless when it comes to the perception of such things.

True - but they're the ones creaming the money, worth a lot more than me, and maybe even than you, and they have no real motivation to change. Worked well for them for a long long time.

So maybe they even have a sense of humor - Suckers bar, in Nana. Dumb farang 555.

I don't get the PR benefit of having such a press conference in front of a go go bar especially named SUCKERS. At first I thought it was a satire piece. Is this a ploy to lure the international tourists? Really, really BIZARRE.

Indeed. Their judgement is not borderline, marginal, a bit off, line-ball, dubious or questionable....they're 100% clueless when it comes to the perception of such things.

Smile of the Day Thanks you two

If the perps are reading all these press releases by the RTP then they must be feeling pretty confident right now. I am sure this will be another unsolved to go on the list of probably 90% of serious crime here in Thailand. This is the result of bought positions instead of advancement based on ability. Nothing will change until promotions are based on a persons ability. Not who gives the biggest envelope.

....or those recruits who can memorize the number plates and faces of their superiors to avoid embarrassment at road blocks.

Of course he cannot confirm because they don't know who he/they are, but they are sure they are a foreigner. The average Thai male is 167 cm, compared to the suspect's 170 cm. They cannot be ruled out, given there are multiple groups that could have carried out the bombing. Most of what we get from the BiB are hunches without any sound evidence. They should only report to the press when thy have solid evidence.

Like a decent computer enhanced picture, they will never catch a fly with the pic they are circulating.wai2.gif

Why are they using this photograph of the bomber when the bike taxi's told investigators the sketch wasn't good but the photo shown to them by immigration the bomber was immediately recognisable. . I also find it odd that the motor bike who doesn't speak or understand English managed to be able to read Lumpini Park written on a piece of paper.

I've seen that this photo made its way to Thai forums and users there are trying to explain in Thai to the RTP that a sucker is not a person who has a lot of "suckcess".