Is Buddhism a religion?

Om85

I never have grasped the concept of Kamma (& rebirth).

Am I grasping excessively?

Not at all, I have never even understood the concepts of Karma and Rebirth because they are simply stupid.
How could you call something you know that you don't understand as simply stupid ?

You then is stupid.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never have grasped the concept of Kamma (& rebirth).

Am I grasping excessively?

Not at all, I have never even understood the concepts of Karma and Rebirth because they are simply stupid.

Thank you, sincerely.

I thought that I was the only DH in town.

Now, there are 2 DHs or we are the intelligent ones.

I am unsure. Please confirm, Enlightened One.

Hahaha. I firmly believe that the 90% of the people are stupids, otherwise this world wouldn't be so F..... up.

The price I am willing to pay.

Don't pay attention to Karma and all that stuff cuz is just myth, and anyway if Karma is true we you reincarnate you will not be you cuz all your memories will be deleted, it will a completely new person, so do whatever you want to do always trying to cause as little damage and pain as possible. smile.png

Do you know the meaning of karma ? it means action, how could action be not true ? How about God ? Do you believe in any

god ? I came across many people who don't believe in karma and rebirth but believed in God. That will be really stupid.

Yes, I know what karma is, I have read a lot about Buddhism and Hinduism as well as Islam, Christianity and Judaism, and for me all for of religions are pure nonsense, to keep the people quite and to give "guidance" to those that don't know how to live.

Don't pay attention to Karma and all that stuff cuz is just myth, and anyway if Karma is true we you reincarnate you will not be you cuz all your memories will be deleted, it will a completely new person, so do whatever you want to do always trying to cause as little damage and pain as possible. smile.png
Do you know the meaning of karma ? it means action, how could action be not true ? How about God ? Do you believe in any

god ? I came across many people who don't believe in karma and rebirth but believed in God. That will be really stupid.

Yes, I know what karma is, I have read a lot about Buddhism and Hinduism as well as Islam, Christianity and Judaism, and for me all for of religions are pure nonsense, to keep the people quite and to give "guidance" to those that don't know how to live.
You are wrong again. The main and real purpose of religions is not "guidance". It's to gain money and power by scamming the innocents. Guidance is a camourflage. See how Christianity collect money ? At least Mormons are better because they modified Christianity with Buddhism.

I don't consider Buddhism a religion but real guidance because there are still a lot of useful stuffs even if you take away all the mysticism. In Christianity and Islam, if you take away all the mysticism, there is nothing.

Think again!!!

If rebirth is true, yes you forgot your old self but whether you are a human, a dog or a pig, you will still have feelings and don't like sufferings. That is all Buddhism is about. Will you want to be the pig, especially while he is slaughtered ?

Think again!!!

If rebirth is true, yes you forgot your old self but whether you are a human, a dog or a pig, you will still have feelings and don't like sufferings. That is all Buddhism is about. Will you want to be the pig, especially while he is slaughtered ?

Do you really belief that you will be born again in another life and all that stuff? I don't need to think again bcuz those are myth and superstitions, nothing else. ;) Besides that the whole concept of belief is stupid, you know or you don't, if you know that karma and rebirth is certain then prove it, if not then nothing else to discuss because we would be speculating. ;)

PS: I love meet and even your Buddha was a beef and pork eater ;)

Think again!!!

Do you really belief that you will be born again in another life and all that stuff? I don't need to think again bcuz those are myth and superstitions, nothing else. ;) Besides that the whole concept of belief is stupid, you know or you don't, if you know that karma and rebirth is certain then prove it, if not then nothing else to discuss because we would be speculating. ;)

PS: I love meet and even your Buddha was a beef and pork eater ;)

Your last sentence has nothing to do with it. If you think this is just myth and superstition, it doesn't matter. I just hope you don't get converted to be a Christian or Muslim all due to the same ignorance.

Think again!!!

Do you really belief that you will be born again in another life and all that stuff? I don't need to think again bcuz those are myth and superstitions, nothing else. wink.png Besides that the whole concept of belief is stupid, you know or you don't, if you know that karma and rebirth is certain then prove it, if not then nothing else to discuss because we would be speculating. wink.png

PS: I love meet and even your Buddha was a beef and pork eater wink.png

Your last sentence has nothing to do with it. If you think this is just myth and superstition, it doesn't matter. I just hope you don't get converted to be a Christian or Muslim all due to the same ignorance.

My last sentence was just to let you know how much I care about being reborn as a pig, I will never be counted among any religious group with one exception: Judaism cuz I was born a Jew but I don't belief in gods cuz as I told you all religions are nothing more than superstitions and are equally stupid( including Buddhism). You talk about ignorance, then illuminate us with your wisdom so we all can see the truth too. wink.png

to Only : My last sentence was just to let you know how much I care about being reborn as a pig, I will never be counted among any religious group with one exception: Judaism cuz I was born a Jew but I don't belief in gods cuz as I told you all religions are nothing more than superstitions and are equally stupid( including Buddhism). You talk about ignorance, then illuminate us with your wisdom so we all can see the truth too. wink.png

This subject is very big and I should not hijack other's threads.

To answer you, you need to understand the fundamentals and the basic. Since you are born a Jews, first understand how your religion started by copying Hinduism and start a new religion to cheat and later how Christianity and Islam betrayed Judaism. This is a good example of karma too but you will not understand at this point.

I started 2 threads and If you ask me there, I will share more.

to Only : My last sentence was just to let you know how much I care about being reborn as a pig, I will never be counted among any religious group with one exception: Judaism cuz I was born a Jew but I don't belief in gods cuz as I told you all religions are nothing more than superstitions and are equally stupid( including Buddhism). You talk about ignorance, then illuminate us with your wisdom so we all can see the truth too. wink.png

To answer you, you need to understand the fundamentals and the basic. Since you are born a Jews, first understand how your religion started by copying Hinduism and start a new religion to cheat and later how Christianity and Islam betrayed Judaism. This is a good example of karma too but you will not understand at this point.

You are not hijacking any thread since this is my own thread, but with that piece of knowledge that you just provided us, I finally understood that there is not point in continuing this discussion. ;)

You are not hijacking any thread since this is my own thread, but with that piece of knowledge that you just provided us, I finally understood that there is not point in continuing this discussion. ;)
Then how are you going to learn wisdom if you are not willing to let go or acknowledge ignorance ?

Why do you think Judaism or Christianity taught or mention wisdom ? To keep followers stupid !!

Go read some basics on Hinduism and you will agree with me thAt Judaism copied the Big flood and the Creator God concept from them.

You are not hijacking any thread since this is my own thread, but with that piece of knowledge that you just provided us, I finally understood that there is not point in continuing this discussion. wink.png
Then how are you going to learn wisdom if you are not willing to let go or acknowledge ignorance ?

Why do you think Judaism or Christianity taught or mention wisdom ? To keep followers stupid !!

Go read some basics on Hinduism and you will agree with me thAt Judaism copied the Big flood and the Creator God concept from them.

Well the creator god and big flood concept comes from the Sumerian "The Epic of Gilgamesh" that are much more older than any Hindu civilization but anyways who copy who is pointless, those people that claim that there is/are god/gods must to prove their claims, if you have no proof then..... ;)

Only for the guy I am with. I love to give too much.

Are you saying you are a homosexual, or is your avatar the real you? I have no prejudice about such matters, but I understand that sexual gratification of any nature, has to be relinquished on the Buddhist path.

The Buddha never taught that. You are being misleading or misled.

The path eventually leads to letting go of all attachments.

The realization that the Ego is a construct and not enduring.

Sexual pursuits, although important for the continuation of the species, support or assert Ego.

Naturally, whilst still in an unenlightened state of Samsara, one should avoid sensual misconduct.

The challenge is if one remains sexual "how does one avoid misconduct"?

As hard as you try, with Awareness, you will realize there is much misconduct?

If you are serious (Monk or Vipassana Retreat), one must abstain of all kinds of sexual conduct.

Unfortunately sensual or sexual conduct is one of the most powerful Ego inflating activities.

Such activity is preeminent in most people lives.

You are not hijacking any thread since this is my own thread, but with that piece of knowledge that you just provided us, I finally understood that there is not point in continuing this discussion. wink.png

Well the creator god and big flood concept comes from the Sumerian "The Epic of Gilgamesh" that are much more older than any Hindu civilization but anyways who copy who is pointless, those people that claim that there is/are god/gods must to prove their claims, if you have no proof then..... ;)

Then they will tell you you have to proof to say gods don't exist.

I don't use proof on religions, it's not science.

I use logic and common sense will do.

For e.g....If almighty God, how come Christianity and Islam need to fight for so long ? If prayers can be made, what if 2 people of the same faith prayed for the opposites to happen ? Anyway evolution already debunked Adam and Eve claims

Take note Buddhism has nothing debunked by science or logic although science could not prove rebirth or karma yet..

Only for the guy I am with. I love to give too much.

Are you saying you are a homosexual, or is your avatar the real you? I have no prejudice about such matters, but I understand that sexual gratification of any nature, has to be relinquished on the Buddhist path.

The Buddha never taught that. You are being misleading or misled.

The path eventually leads to letting go of all attachments.

The realization that the Ego is a construct and not enduring.

Sexual pursuits, although important for the continuation of the species, support or assert Ego.

Naturally, whilst still in an unenlightened state of Samsara, one should avoid sensual misconduct.

The challenge is if one remains sexual "how does one avoid misconduct"?

As hard as you try, with Awareness, you will realize there is much misconduct?

If you are serious (Monk or Vipassana Retreat), one must abstain of all kinds of sexual conduct.

Unfortunately sensual or sexual conduct is one of the most powerful Ego inflating activities.

Such activity is preeminent in most people lives.

This only applies to someone who wish to be a monk or get to nirvana.

The average Buddhist need not give up sex.

Well the creator god and big flood concept comes from the Sumerian "The Epic of Gilgamesh" that are much more older than any Hindu civilization but anyways who copy who is pointless, those people that claim that there is/are god/gods must to prove their claims, if you have no proof then..... wink.png

For e.g....If almighty God, how come Christianity and Islam need to fight for so long ? If prayers can be made, what if 2 people of the same faith prayed for the opposites to happen ? Anyway evolution already debunked Adam and Eve claims

Take note Buddhism has nothing debunked by science or logic although science could not prove rebirth or karma yet..

I don't need to proof that god doesn't exist because I'm not making that claim ;) you claim that god exist then prove it. apply science to everything bcuz it is the best way in which we can get knowledge, if you can't apply science then no need to waste time thinking about it. We have no need to debunk Buddhism bcuz it debunks itself, for example where do the souls of all the people living now come from? ;) and could give you plenty of arguments of why Buddhism is illogical.

Well the creator god and big flood concept comes from the Sumerian "The Epic of Gilgamesh" that are much more older than any Hindu civilization but anyways who copy who is pointless, those people that claim that there is/are god/gods must to prove their claims, if you have no proof then..... wink.png

I don't need to proof that god doesn't exist because I'm not making that claim ;) you claim that god exist then prove it. apply science to everything bcuz it is the best way in which we can get knowledge, if you can't apply science then no need to waste time thinking about it. We have no need to debunk Buddhism bcuz it debunks itself, for example where do the souls of all the people living now come from? ;) and could give you plenty of arguments of why Buddhism is illogical.

I never claim there is God.

I said Christianity and Islam debunked themselves by both science and logic.

Buddhism is not debunked by science and logic as they never claim prayers can can met and they never claim of an almighty God. So you better understand that first.

As for the souls that you called, it's energy in scientific terms. They are started from the Big bang. Energy cannot be destroyed, so when a person dies, it gets,transferred to another form or body.

only1

It wasn't me re the RAT. Blame the Chinese astrologer.

I just followed instructions.

That's what Buddhism mean by ignorance. Why must you believe an astrologer ?

You can't blame an astrologer, just blame yourself. Follow Noble 8 Fold Path.

Archived