Is Buddhism a religion?

Om85

As I already said bfore, I like Buddhism as a philosophy not as a religion, bcuz as I already mentioned for me the concepts of rebirth and karma are simply pure stupidity inherited from Hinduism, Siddhartha gave a way to escape suffering, he obviously thought the he have had previous lives, he was reborn many times which is pure nonsense btw; if you think that I am a troll or whatever you want to think about me is up to you. also in Theravada Buddhism they do belief in the existence of the soul but not as immortal or unchangeable. I insist that Buddhism isn't different than any other religion bcuz as any other religion is based on creeds, full of contradiction and illogical. wink.png

if its not immortal, its not , by definition, a soul. http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/soul

That's just one definition according to western culture(in greek mythology the soul was believed to be immortal, and even the word immortal can mean different stuff), just answer this simple question: if there is not soul what is to be reborn?

You have to dig a bit deeper to get the answer to this. According to the Pali Canon, consciousness is granular, one mind-moment conditions the next, in a stream, and each is different from the previous one. The process continues from one existence to the next - a stream of existence. So there is no unchanging entity like a soul 'reborn'. In fact the Pali word for this translates as "re-becoming" rather than "reborn." The idea that this stream of existence is ever-changing corresponds to what we know to be true in our current life - that both our body and our mind has been changing since the day we were... born.

Yes, I need continue reading bcuz until now no one have given a convincing answer to me.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I need continue reading bcuz until now no one have given a convincing answer to me.

Quote: Bikkhu Buddhadasa:

Buddhism does not embody the eternal-soul view, for the religion does not accept a permanent self.

Buddhism is not an annihilation doctrine, for it maintains that things arising from causes and contributory factors depend on the causes and factors, and that the state existing without causes and factors is eternal.

Buddhism is not nihilistic because it accepts existence of things in one of the two states, that which is uncertain and impermanent characterizes the conditioned things, and that which is certain and permanent characterizes the unconditioned.

Buddhism, accepts that everything is non self, but at the same time it accepts the existence of things in one of two states: one state continually arising, ceasing, and changing, and the other state having neither origination nor cessation and being unchangeable.

Buddhism does not embody the eternal-soul view, for the religion does not accept a permanent self. Buddhism is not an annihilation doctrine, for it maintains that things arising from causes and contributory factors depend on the causes and factors, and that the state existing without causes and factors is eternal. Buddhism is not nihilistic because it accepts existence of things in one of the two states that which is uncertain and impermanent characterizes the conditioned things, and that which is certain and permanent characterizes the unconditioned.

Buddhism, accepts that everything is non self, but at the same time it accepts the existence of things in one of two states: one state continually arising, ceasing, and changing, and the other state having neither origination nor cessation and being unchangeable.

Quote: Bikkhu Buddhadasa:

The Buddha's principle of not-self denies self in all respects, both the conditioned and the unconditioned, or, in other words, both that side "in front of the curtain" and that "behind the curtain," as well as both knowledge and ignorance.

What He said in conformity to the worldly language, namely, the self for doing good and not for doing evil, is limited only to that which people misunderstand and hold on to before they have vision of truth.

(I) For all things, if any belongs to the group that results from causes, or has causes and contributory factors, it will remain in existence as long as the causes and the factors still exist.

However, it is impermanent and always changes with its changing causes and factors. Even for what is said to have been dead, if its causes and contributory factors for its reappearance or rebirth still exist, it will reappear or will be reborn; but if its causes and contributory factors no longer exist, it will become completely extinct.

We, however, do not favorably consider these phenomena to be birth and death, for they occur in accordance with their causes and contributory factors; they cannot be born or dead by their own choice.

(2) But if anything belongs to the group that does not result from causes and contributory factors, it can exist by itself without having to arise, will never cease to exist, and will also be permanent.

For example, the Buddha said that nibbana exists. This is existence of the state of being free from causes and factors and what results from them. To speak- in simpler words, after all the causes and effects have been taken out, what is left behind is neither a cause nor an effect, being completely free from causes and effects, and is the extinction zone for causes and effects.

This means that, whenever the entities that are causes or effects enter this zone, they will become completely extinct. However, the state of this extinction zone exists eternally. It is the cessation zone of all sufferings because they are effects, or are classified as effects, arising from such causes as defilements and ignorance. As nibbana is the extinction zone for all causes and effects as described, this means that nibbana is also the zone or state of extinction of all defilements and sufferings.

As I already said before, I like Buddhism as a philosophy not as a religion, bcuz as I already mentioned for me the concepts of rebirth and karma are simply pure stupidity inherited from Hinduism, Siddhartha gave a way to escape suffering.

So let me see Om.

To maximize your "escape from suffering", in your only life, after which you will no longer exist, why would you spend the greater portion of your wakeful life, practicing long hours everyday, denying yourself of the pleasures in life, in order to stand up one day and say, "now I am free from suffering" (if you are successful)?

What suffering are you experiencing to cause you to devote your whole life to practice?

If your body feels out of sorts, why don't you exercise and eat sensibly?

If you feel anxiety or fear, why don't you practice yoga or meditation, or even an occasional scotch?

If you are bored why don't you join a drama group or take up a hobby?

If all you are is a puppet or something similar to a puppet that nature conditions into an entity which can perceive and think; and that entity, in return, takes the puppet of nature as itself and that when you perish there is nothing left, then why not go out and have a good time?

Why live the life of a recluse, practicing for years until one shatters the illusion of self or ego when you could be having a good time?

You do realise that 30 minutes to an hour a day, will yield zero realization.

It will be like moving a Mt Everest with a teaspoon.

Part of the answer (why you will devote yourself to practice) lies in what "escape from suffering" actually means.

There are mainly two schools of Buddhists.

Ones who learn what the Buddha taught (Dhamma), and aim to practice the teaching.

Others who have rigid conditioned beliefs and home in on sub sets of Buddhism in order to construct something which fits with their convictions.

As I already said before, I like Buddhism as a philosophy not as a religion, bcuz as I already mentioned for me the concepts of rebirth and karma are simply pure stupidity inherited from Hinduism, Siddhartha gave a way to escape suffering.

So let me see Om.

To maximize your "escape from suffering", in your only life, after which you will no longer exist, why would you spend the greater portion of your wakeful life, practicing long hours everyday, denying yourself of the pleasures in life, in order to stand up one day and say, "now I am free from suffering" (if you are successful)?

What suffering are you experiencing to cause you to devote your whole life to practice?

If you feel anxiety or fear, why don't you practice yoga or meditation, or even an occasional scotch?

If all you are is a puppet or something similar to a puppet that nature conditions into an entity which can perceive and think; and that entity, in return, takes the puppet of nature as itself and that when you perish there is nothing left, then why not go out and have a good time?

Why live the life of a recluse, practicing for years until one shatters the illusion of self or ego when you could be having a good time?

Part of the answer (why you will devote yourself to practice) lies in what "escape from suffering" actually means.

Ones who learn what the Buddha taught (Dhamma), and aim to practice the teaching.

Others who have rigid conditioned beliefs and home in on sub sets of Buddhism in order to construct something which fits with their convictions.

30 minutes of meditation will yield zero results? plenty of studies say youre wrong

So let me see Om.

30 minutes of meditation will yield zero results? plenty of studies say youre wrong

Sorry A.

It was in reference to Om's liking of Buddhism as a philosophy as it teaches escape from suffering.

Sure, there is uncountable benefits of meditation to ones physiology.

I was referring to Nibanna, or the cessation of suffering.

Without Awakening suffering continues.

One must enter the state of Nibanna to end all suffering.

One hour of daily meditation will not yield Awakening.

Regular 30 - 60 minutes of daily practice is a great start, but one must have faith and devote ones life in order to achieve the Buddhas prescribed goal.

This is why the Buddha instituted Bikkhus' & /Bikkhunis'.

It was a way of providing the resource required to scale the mountain.

Unless one devotes ones life to the practice, adopting a Buddhist persona is simply just another ego attachment.

Virtually consigning the goal to a future life.

I havent mentioned Christianity and Islam, for me they are just fairy tales same as Buddhism. first of all you shouldn't say: "Buddhism doesn't...." because there are many Buddhisms, thereavada and mahayana buddhist both belief in angels, gods etc. Second my point is if you have a belief you should back up that belief with proof saying that " As for karma and rebirth, they must have believed or knew it since the beginning of the religion, it makes sense."

Doesn't make any difference, you are accepting a belief just because ignorant people believed that thousands of years ago, and it doesn't make any sense.

as many teachers have pointed out, a person can concentrate on understanding dukkha, anicca and anatta , walking the eightfold path, practising meditation without concerning themselves about karma and rebirth.

teachers have different oppinions, but without karma and rebirth non of those practices have any logic, since what Siddhartha taught that you must to follow the eight noble truths in order to escape from the wheel of samsara, so without the belief in samsara it simple doesn't make much sense because what the buddha taught was a way to scape suffering. wink.png

You've got a point, Om85, which needs thinking about. If one strips Buddhism of the concepts of Karma, physical Rebirth and the 'wheel of life', then what is left?
If one really believes there is no life or spirit, or 'identifying energy' that continues to exist after death, then there would seem to be less reason to strive toward a state of Nirvana or full awakening, because there is only one goal for everyone, ie. death, after which there is nothing, and everyone will reach that goal in this lifetime, sooner or later.
The question might then become, 'How can I make my life in the present more meaningful and more satisfactory'? Practicing 30 minutes of meditation a day might help. Simply reading and thinking about the teachings and the stories in the Pali Canon, might help.
For example, one cause of suffering is due to having unrealistic expectations. Thinking about, and meditating upon some of one's own expectations might result in one understanding how such expectations are unrealistic, and one might then be able to avoid the suffering that could result from the unfulfilling of those expectations in this life.

A beginner should not learn about rebirth and wheel of Life, he will never under it.

Without that still A lot in Buddhism, just study the 4 Noble Truth and Noble 8 Fold Path, which are the fundamentals. Buddhism. As for Karma every living person cannot be without it, regardless of religions, without karma we will not be in this forum.

As for meditation, it will help a person to achieve nirvana but only if he can understand and accept the 4NT and N8FP, it's not for a beginner or or Om8 unless he just practise them for good exercise.

So let me see Om.

That's why I say that Im not a Buddhist in the religeous sense, bcuz if you don't belief in karma, rebirth and the afterlife - like I don't- then there is not suffering in the sense that Siddhartha was afraid of being reborn forever and therefore experiencing death a sickness fore ever, I don't belief in rebirth, the after life or nothing like that, that why I don't see why should you deny yourself, denying yourself will only bring you, psychological problems and frustrations, I think that this is our only life so we should try to make the best out of it. What I have understood from why I have learn is that the Buddha believed in samsara, therefore the only possible way of escaping from samsara is to anihilate your ego,your person , your self, and how you do that? by killing your desires, so finaly you will be able not to be or what is the same, to die, but in my case there is not evidence that samsara is real, so after you die you simple cease to exist so there is no need to follow the teaching of the Buddha.

I havent mentioned Christianity and Islam, for me they are just fairy tales same as Buddhism. first of all you shouldn't say: "Buddhism doesn't...." because there are many Buddhisms, thereavada and mahayana buddhist both belief in angels, gods etc. Second my point is if you have a belief you should back up that belief with proof saying that " As for karma and rebirth, they must have believed or knew it since the beginning of the religion, it makes sense."

Doesn't make any difference, you are accepting a belief just because ignorant people believed that thousands of years ago, and it doesn't make any sense.

as many teachers have pointed out, a person can concentrate on understanding dukkha, anicca and anatta , walking the eightfold path, practising meditation without concerning themselves about karma and rebirth.

teachers have different oppinions, but without karma and rebirth non of those practices have any logic, since what Siddhartha taught that you must to follow the eight noble truths in order to escape from the wheel of samsara, so without the belief in samsara it simple doesn't make much sense because what the buddha taught was a way to scape suffering. wink.png

You've got a point, Om85, which needs thinking about. If one strips Buddhism of the concepts of Karma, physical Rebirth and the 'wheel of life', then what is left?
If one really believes there is no life or spirit, or 'identifying energy' that continues to exist after death, then there would seem to be less reason to strive toward a state of Nirvana or full awakening, because there is only one goal for everyone, ie. death, after which there is nothing, and everyone will reach that goal in this lifetime, sooner or later.
The question might then become, 'How can I make my life in the present more meaningful and more satisfactory'? Practicing 30 minutes of meditation a day might help. Simply reading and thinking about the teachings and the stories in the Pali Canon, might help.
For example, one cause of suffering is due to having unrealistic expectations. Thinking about, and meditating upon some of one's own expectations might result in one understanding how such expectations are unrealistic, and one might then be able to avoid the suffering that could result from the unfulfilling of those expectations in this life.

That's my point, I do meditation often and read mantras bcuz it helps me to focus in the things that are important for me and that bring meaning to my life, that's why I belief that there is a lot of useful philosophy and psychology in Buddhism but we must to strip the philosophy and psychology from the superstition and creed part. I think that Siddhartha himself said that: " don't accept anything that I say just bcuz I said it, but go and try it yourself", and that's one of the think that I like about Buddhism is that is flexible and in constant evolution.

Even if you don't believe the reasons for sufferings doesn't mean that you don't suffer. I have seen so many religious people of other faith suffered in later life, especially when a spouse passed away. Then they begin to doubt their own God and all those years of hope and praying. When they are awaken from that knowledge, their previous placebo effects will all be loss and their own personal sufferings followed, unless they understand the 4 NT

How on Earth can you say that no one cares about souls or spirit in Buddhism.

How can you ask such a question when you too don't believe in it ?

This is why I confirmed who you are in my earlier comments.

Earlier, you mentioned that Buddhism is not a religion but philosophy then how come you wrote you don't believe Buddhism in the "religious sense".

You are spinning like a troll or someone with cognitive disorder.

Earlier, you mentioned that Buddhism is not a religion but philosophy then how come you wrote you don't believe Buddhism in the "religious sense".

I think that the problem is not me "spinning like a troll" but your lack of ability to think critically or tho think at all, maybe the troll here is you trolling around by accusing other people to be a troll, go an read my previous posts ;)

Even if you don't believe the reasons for sufferings doesn't mean that you don't suffer. I have seen so many religious people of other faith suffered in later life, especially when a spouse passed away. Then they begin to doubt their own God and all those years of hope and praying. When they are awaken from that knowledge, their previous placebo effects will all be loss and their own personal sufferings followed, unless they understand the 4 NT

You have a real lack of coherent thinking skill too, where is the logic in this post?

You have a real lack of coherent thinking skill too, where is the logic in this post?
If you are not trolling but honest and rational, you should ask me specifically which part of my message that you don't understand. I covered God, prayers, placebo effects, death, amongst others there in that post.

I think that the problem is not me "spinning like a troll" but your lack of ability to think critically or tho think at all, maybe the troll here is you trolling around by accusing other people to be a troll, go an read my previous posts ;)

I don't need your previous. What I quoted you on that post is enough to support my comment.

Now my advice to you, go read up the 4NT and ask what you don't understand there, if you really wish to answer your own questions.

If you are not trolling but honest and rational, you should ask me specifically which part of my message that you don't understand. I covered God, prayers, placebo effects, death, amongst others there in that post.

Yes, and what has your post to do with what we are talking here? Listen, 2days is Saturday, time to party , come back 2 u on Monday. drunk.gifwai2.gif

There's a lot of confusion in this thread. sad.png

One aspect of Buddhism that appeals to atheists and agnostics was the Buddha's reported attitude towards the existence of an all-powerful, creator God.

He seems to have understood the difficulties, the harmful consequences, and even the impossibility, of any individual being able to claim an understanding of, and an identification with, a 'being' or 'entity' responsible for the creation of this vast and complex universe.

So the Buddha's advice was to not waste one's time speculating upon such fruitless matters as the existence of an unknowable God. He advised his audience to attend to matters in the present that affect one's well-being in the present. Solve the problems of suffering in the present and follow principles that help you to lead a better life that helps you and others avoid future suffering.

In my view, speculating on the existence of an afterlife, whatever terms you use to describe that afterlife, whether reincarnation, rebirth, soul, cosmic energy that identifies a deceased individual's life, human or otherwise, falls into a similar category as the speculation about the existence of a creator God.

Is such speculation useful, is the question; and how is it useful?

Some people seem to need a belief in an afterlife to motivate them and help them carry one, and give meaning and purpose to their life. I wouldn't want to deprive anyone of that motivating belief, provided the belief doesn't result in harm to others.

The problem with belief systems is that they often do result in harm to others, and that's a problem that's very current with regard to Islamic fundamentalism, and was very much a problem with Christianity a few hundred years ago, and has been to a lesser extent a problem with Buddhism in certain areas at certain times.

If only we could learn from history. sad.png

Yes, and what has your post to do with what we are talking here? Listen, 2days is Saturday, time to party , come back 2 u on Monday. drunk.gifwai2.gif
My post is referring to your misled knowledge on sufferings which you wrote and of course, it is related.

Ignorance is the main reason for people in believing the wrong religion, which led to further sufferings.

Go read up 4 Noble Truth and stop all your self denials.

[ote name=VincentRJ" post="9949295" timestamp="1444452828]

There's a lot of confusion in this thread. sad.png

One aspect of Buddhism that appeals to atheists and agnostics was the Buddha's reported attitude towards the existence of an all-powerful, creator God.

He seems to have understood the difficulties, the harmful consequences, and even the impossibility, of any individual being able to claim an understanding of, and an identification with, a 'being' or 'entity' responsible for the creation of this vast and complex universe.

So the Buddha's advice was to not waste one's time speculating upon such fruitless matters as the existence of an unknowable God. He advised his audience to attend to matters in the present that affect one's well-being in the present. Solve the problems of suffering in the present and follow principles that help you to lead a better life that helps you and others avoid future suffering.

In my view, speculating on the existence of an afterlife, whatever terms you use to describe that afterlife, whether reincarnation, rebirth, soul, cosmic energy that identifies a deceased individual's life, human or otherwise, falls into a similar category as the speculation about the existence of a creator God.

Is such speculation useful, is the question; and how is it useful?

Some people seem to need a belief in an afterlife to motivate them and help them carry one, and give meaning and purpose to their life. I wouldn't want to deprive anyone of that motivating belief, provided the belief doesn't result in harm to others.

The problem with belief systems is that they often do result in harm to others, and that's a problem that's very current with regard to Islamic fundamentalism, and was very much a problem with Christianity a few hundred years ago, and has been to a lesser extent a problem with Buddhism in certain areas at certain times.

If only we could learn from history. sad.png

On your bold part, I comment that certainly all personally beliefs in any religion by anyone obviously don't harm others. They only harm themselves when realised later, which is why the Buddha seek the truth, not for himself, but for others.

On the Creator God part, I must emphasize that there are 2 aspects, almighty or not almighty. The Buddha was from a Hindu origin so I believed he has no comments on a Creator God as Hinduism never claimed Vishnu or whatever his name as almighty. The almighty part emphasized by Christianity is obviously for some reasons, to cheat people. That's where the harm comes in, in relation to my earlier part.

On your bold part, I comment that certainly all personally beliefs in any religion by anyone obviously don't harm others. They only harm themselves when realised later, which is why the Buddha seek the truth, not for himself, but for others.

For your clarification, harm to others is done by people. A personal belief, or the personal interpretation of parts of a religion, can regrettably sometimes encourage, inspire or endorse activities that harm others.

On the Creator God part, I must emphasize that there are 2 aspects, almighty or not almighty. The Buddha was from a Hindu origin so I believed he has no comments on a Creator God as Hinduism never claimed Vishnu or whatever his name as almighty. The almighty part emphasized by Christianity is obviously for some reasons, to cheat people. That's where the harm comes in, in relation to my earlier part.

As I understand, Brahma is the creator God in Hinduism, but is not necessarily omnipotent or almighty. However, there is a view in Hinduism that all the various Gods are really just different aspects of the one omnipotent and omnipresent God known as Brahman (different from Brahma).
We should also bear in mind that the idea of a single, omnipotent, creator God had been around for more than a thousand years before the lifetime of Gautama Buddha. People did travel in those days, although rather slowly.
Some scholars believe Abraham is a variation of the Hindu name Brahma, and even that the two figures might be the same mythological character. Even their wive's names are similar. Brahma's consort was called Sarasvati, and Abraham's wife was Sarah.
Also the ancient Chinese, before the time of Confucius, had developed concepts of an omnipotent, omnipresent, single God. Confucius had a similar view to Buddha about the existence of such a God. Don't waste your time speculating.
I have no reason to doubt that Gautama would have been aware of the idea and concept of a single, almighty, creator God and that the topic would have been raised during those times when Buddha was teaching his wisdom.

I am not confused and I am logical and reasonable. I read that Enstein mentioned Buddhism is the best and most futuristic too. Need not listen to anyone. The Buddha said one must use his own mind.

Shall we start a Creator God concept thread separately ? Allowed in Thai visa ?

If you are logical and reasonable, then you should be able to appreciate that our knowledge of the universe and the material world that surrounds us is not nearly as great as most of us like to think.
It is ego, vanity and pride that causes us to think we are so clever and knowledgeable. The reality might be, we are so clever that we might be the first species in the history of the planet to cause its own extinction. sad.png

clap2.gif

I am not confused and I am logical and reasonable. I read that Enstein mentioned Buddhism is the best and most futuristic too. Need not listen to anyone. The Buddha said one must use his own mind.

If you are logical and reasonable, then you should be able to appreciate that our knowledge of the universe and the material world that surrounds us is not nearly as great as most of us like to think.

It is ego, vanity and pride that causes us to think we are so clever and knowledgeable. The reality might be, we are so clever that we might be the first species in the history of the planet to cause its own extinction. sad.png

clap2.gif
This is why The Buddha sacrificed his luxurious life in search of the truth and he found it. Eventually, people will know that their beliefs in the past had been fake and cheated by some smart ass using omnipotent God concept, heaven promise, placebo effects etc. Evidence are found that Jesus copied from Buddha, Judaism copied from Hinduism, I am sure more Will be discovered in times to come.

We need not speculate but we should study and prevent mankind from ignorance and harm. I have seen too many people died sadly when they realised an omnipotent God is nothing but a scam. Unfortunately these people realised only when they are near death.

clap2.gif
This is why The Buddha sacrificed his luxurious life in search of the truth and he found it. Eventually, people will know that their beliefs in the past had been fake and cheated by some smart ass using omnipotent God concept, heaven promise, placebo effects etc. Evidence are found that Jesus copied from Buddha, Judaism copied from Hinduism, I am sure more Will be discovered in times to come.

We need not speculate but we should study and prevent mankind from ignorance and harm. I have seen too many people died sadly when they realised an omnipotent God is nothing but a scam. Unfortunately these people realised only when they are near death.

i wonder if buddha ever badmouthed other religions like that?

AJAYDEE,

Why you consider that as badmouthing ? I am sharing knowledge to help others, based on discoveries and experience.

Pleas share your views if you don't agree with me, otherwise calling me badmouthing is a form of slandering, which the Buddha disagreed, taught in Right Speech in 8 Fold Path.

During Buddha's time, there is no Jesus and I don't think he ever heard of Judaism. He never traveled that far.

AJAYDEE,

Why you consider that as badmouthing ? I am sharing knowledge to help others, based on discoveries and experience.

Pleas share your views if you don't agree with me, otherwise calling me badmouthing is a form of slandering, which the Buddha disagreed, taught in Right Speech in 8 Fold Path.

During Buddha's time, there is no Jesus and I don't think he ever heard of Judaism. He never traveled that far.

i wasnt being specific as to religion. I just wonder what he would think of such denigration of any other religion. I don't remember that i've never seen a monk do it.

People who are intellectually committed to living a philosophical Way of Life, do not bow (while passing a moulded image, 20-times a day) or recite "pre-scripted" prayers, to the image of a phophet who died 2,558 years ago. Yes, Buddhism is a religion.

No difference if it is philosophy, cult, ancient science or religion. Most importantly it helps people without victimising or misleading with lies or cheating their money with promises of heaven after death. Just an example.

Huh? Is that your absolute best discernible reply to my post? whistling.gif

Yes, Buddhism is a religion, just like all other organized religions on this planet. Religion is designed and used for the purpose of controlling the "dumb, driven cattle" masses of people, period. Buddhism is much older than The Roman Catholic Church. Catholism is considered to be the uneducated person's religion, in the western world. And, with one-billion active Catholics, world-wide, it is a very successful business enterprise whistling.gif

AJAYDEE,

i wasnt being specific as to religion. I just wonder what he would think of such denigration of any other religion. I don't remember that i've never seen a monk do it.
What denigration ? The Buddha also taught his followers not to believe in blindfaith and prayers to gods, or else, the 4 Noble Truth and Noble 8 Fold Path need not be there. As for omnipotent God, I am sure the Buddha don't believe it. But I think he could see that someone(like Jesus) in the future will copy him.

AJAYDEE,

What denigration ? The Buddha also taught his followers not to believe in blindfaith and prayers to gods, or else, the 4 Noble Truth and Noble 8 Fold Path need not be there. As for omnipotent God, I am sure the Buddha don't believe it. But I think he could see that someone(like Jesus) in the future will copy him.

i wonder he ever accused other religions of lying and cheating and stealing

Archived