us less concerned about our

appearance? Have you "blown

up"? If so, what's your

explanation/excuse?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way, would I let myself go... Whatever age.

Always been slimish and in good shape, not Muscles , but I did not want that...

I eat well, Vegetarian , and limit my alcohol intake, and have never smoked...

Always dress well, apart from in my Condo very casual....

But that's me, we are all different....

As long as you are happy within that's the main thing....

I dig the buzz... and girls are easy to get here even if you're fat.

Well if you are in good shape and add 20-30 kg you are still in good shape for USA or Australia and get the girls there as well

I walk/job 45+ mins per day with friends. Had 3 hours at the driving range today...same as every Monday.

I'm strong and feel great...BUT...I am so over weight. I just reviewed a video of me hitting with the 5 iron

and I don't even know who that person in the video is.

Thanks for the topic. I'm taking stock this evening.

I walk/job 45+ mins per day with friends. Had 3 hours at the driving range today...same as every Monday.

I'm strong and feel great...BUT...I am so over weight. I just reviewed a video of me hitting with the 5 iron

Exercise is great, but it can't do the whole job. You need to keep an eye on what goes in your mouth.

Well if you are in good shape and add 20-30 kg you are still in good shape for USA or Australia and get the girls there as well

If you're in your 50's ya better have some deep pockets or you know whay you're getting .....arrrrrrggggg

Exercise is great, but it can't do the whole job. You need to keep an eye on what goes in your mouth.

ahahahhaaa

If you're in your 50's ya better have some deep pockets or you know whay you're getting .....arrrrrrggggg

Well you get girls in your weight class laugh.png

During my fifties I did put on a few kilos when I stopped playing squash but I am trying to stay active and athletic in my sixties. I just got back from a 93 km bike ride today. I only ride a couple times each week but I like the feeling of longer less frequent rides. I don’t smoke or drink and I have a younger athletic wife so don’t want to let myself go.

No - but sort of recently.....usually 106-107k which is OK for my height....

But the last month and a half - now up to 111k = pulled tweaked a groin muscle and it hurts like b---h but had started to calm down some restressed it thinking it was good enough to help our daughter work on her basketball game/fast twitch muscle = mistake....Then went to help moving some furniture and tweaked my back twisting with the weight.....Try moving one without relying on the other to help each "fortify" one another - hasn't been fun recently....

Hopefully another couple of weeks and things return to normal....

OP original question - I weigh less than I did in the states.....even though more active there the weight was needed......

Sure, you can still get laid here if you're old and fat.

You just can't do it so many times before your heart gives out and some poor girl has to wriggle out from underneath your sweaty mortal remains.

James F. Fixx, who spurred the jogging craze with his best-selling books about running and preached the gospel that active people live longer, died of a heart attack Friday while on a solitary jog in Vermont. He was 52 years old.wai2.gif I'm 70.biggrin.png

Edited by lostoday

Jim Fixx died in the 80's.

Fitness guru, actor and model Greg Plitt has died after being struck by a train in LA. 2015

It's like this. One may die at any time. One may be fit and die. But there is absolutely no excuse to be so crude and rude and disrespectful to your elders to write, "You just can't do it so many times before your heart gives out and some poor girl has to wriggle out from underneath your sweaty mortal remains."

Fat and polite is better any day than in shape and crude, rude and disrespectful.

Fitness guru, actor and model Greg Plitt has died after being struck by a train in LA. 2015

It's like this. One may die at any time. One may be fit and die. But there is absolutely no excuse to be so crude and rude and disrespectful to your elders to write, "You just can't do it so many times before your heart gives out and some poor girl has to wriggle out from underneath your sweaty mortal remains."

Fat and polite is better any day than in shape and crude, rude and disrespectful.

I'm not playing this game with you again.

But does being fat guarentee politeness? I think not The only thing fat guarentees is the intake of too many calories.

But does being fat guarentee politeness? I think not The only thing fat guarentees is the intake of too many calories.

I was trying to convey that a polite post from a fat person is of more value to me than a impolite post from an in shape person.

In other words don't judge a book by it's cover. Or it's about time people got their message across without being crude and rude to old folks. Or fat folks. Or any kind of folks. Every post does not have to start an argument as much as some people like to try.

I did sort of let go. But got my shit together and now weigh the same as I did 20 years ago. Cut down carbs by 80 percent and started exercising more. Target is to come off hypertension meds. Only slight blood pressure problem. BTW stopped drinking alcohol altogether. This has all happened in the past 6 months.