Cheapest AsiaAir Destination

We are getting a 3 entry tourist visa after the beginning of the year (US) and flying out to Bangkok. Since there are 4 of us (2 adults & 2 kids), we will be getting one-way tickets and then pre purchasing cheap ongoing tickets 3 months out to show as proof of onward travel.

Does anyone know what the cheapest airport/country to fly to from BKK is?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The proof of onward travel is to get the visa. The embassy here asks for proof of travel (at least that is what the website says) and I don't want to take the chance of getting denied. We will eventually have to make the trip anyway, so it won't hurt getting tickets in advance. Just trying to figure out what's cheapest. Thanks!

Phnom Penn usually is one of the cheapest options due to its proximity,but you then have to consider visas to enter the country.

As a UK citizen I'm not familiar with US passport conditions,you could go to Kuala Lumpur whereby you probably don't need a visa meaning no added cost.

• Like 1

The cheapest fares vary. Airlines often have special promotions. Usually good value is to fly to Kuala Lumpur. Booked well in advance, tickets on low cost airlines should be no more than 2,500 baht return, and there are no visa costs.

• Like 1

The proof of onward travel is to get the visa. The embassy here asks for proof of travel (at least that is what the website says) and I don't want to take the chance of getting denied. We will eventually have to make the trip anyway, so it won't hurt getting tickets in advance. Just trying to figure out what's cheapest. Thanks!

Not according to this post.

• Like 1

Pattaya/U-Tapao (UTP) to Kuala Lumpur (KUL).

Oneway starting at 1290 Baht.

That's not BKK as per the OPs post.

Sounded to me like some onward tickets just to show and forget?

Show and forget or use. If it's really cheap, it wouldn't matter. It's best if we can use them, but if we can get ones for just a couple of USD, it won't matter.

I did the same thing before arriving. The cheapest places to fly to will be Phnom Penh, Kuala Lumpur, Ho Chi Minh City, Singapore, Yangon.

You will not need a visa for Malaysia, so KL might be the best and cheapest. Though, once you get there, it is not as cheap as the above mentioned cities.

Keep checking Nok Air, Air Asia, Lion Air Thai - they have promotions all the time.

Recently, Nok Air has tickets to Yangon for 1,000 (it was like 30 baht, but around 800 after taxes) and Ho Chi Minh was around 1,000 - but Vietnam visa is not cheap.

Just keep shopping. Those cities I mentioned are the cheapest.

• Like 2

OP sorry but I find your question a very mute. AirAsia has many many sale fares that change almost weekly. In addition jetstar that flies to Singapore also sometimes has ridiculous sales. You just need to check the respective sites. Register as a member and you will receive emails about sales. As I type this I am in hcmc. 1500baht return to bkk. Last week Singapore even cheaper. The visa cost needs to be included. Esp with 4 people. Visa to Vietnam $65usd. Whereas many places like Singapore are free . kl etc.

If you have a few bucks take tribe to Japan. Visa exempt and sometimes very cheap. But it is few hours.

• Like 1

You just want a exit from TH flight to show to visa clerk, so no r/t needed and visa cost is irrelevant. Check the NokAir, AirAsia, Smile, Jetstar for promotions.

Vietnam is a good travel destination if you really want to go someplace from TH, same for Laos (cheap visa, interesting place).

• Like 1

Hello,

Just check the AirAsia website for PROMO fares for BKK-KL & BKK-Penang flights

as frequently as you can.

The US passport holders DO need a visa to Vietnam and they have to pay even

more for one than the other nationals (to be honest I don't know exactly what

much it will cost them but it's such an outrageous price, I believe.) so this is not

the best bet if you want to save as much money as you want.

Good luck.

• Like 1

For Vietnam, you need a letter of invitation. This can be bought online for 20 - 25 bucks. Then, take that letter with you and you'll pay $45 dollars at the airport...or less if you only get a 1 month visa.

Malaysia, Singapore - no visa is required.

Cambodia - $30

Myanmar - depends... e-visa or consulate in BKK

As others have said, check everyday for new promotions. 12 am Thai time.

Edited by DanceAllNight
  • Like 1

Buy a full fare ticket somewhere. Show whoever you need to show it to. Cancel it for a full refund.

He does not need to show onward travel.

He wants to exit Thailand to at some point trigger their next 90 day tourist visa. Some members are suggesting Singapore. True nice place for family and no visa required. However SO SO expensive. KL has long trip from airport to city. With AA hcmc is always cheaper than PP. The district one area now in hcmc is very family and couples friendly. Also trip to airport a breeze.

• Like 1