Fox News chief: Donald Trump owes Megyn Kelly an apology

webfact

Fox News chief: Donald Trump owes Megyn Kelly an apology
By DAVID BAUDER

NEW YORK (AP) — Fox News chief Roger Ailes said Tuesday that Donald Trump owes the network's Megyn Kelly an apology for an unprovoked Twitter attack that "is as unacceptable as it is disturbing," but Trump isn't backing down.

The Republican presidential front-runner-turned-TV-critic had welcomed Kelly back from a vacation Monday night by tweeting that he liked her show better while she was away. Trump said Kelly "must have had a terrible vacation" because "she's really off her game." He retweeted a message that referred to her as a bimbo.

"Megyn Kelly represents the very best of American journalism and all of us at Fox News Channel reject the crude and irresponsible attempts to suggest otherwise," said Ailes, the Fox News Channel chairman. "I could not be more proud of Megyn for her professionalism and class in the face of all of Mr. Trump's verbal assaults."

Trump, in a statement, said he disagreed with Ailes and that he doesn't think Kelly is a quality journalist. "Hopefully in the future I will be proven wrong and she will be able to elevate her standards to a level of professionalism that a network such as Fox deserves."

Trump has been attacking Kelly ever since her tough questioning of him during the first GOP presidential debate, seen by 24 million people on Fox on Aug. 6. A day after the debate, he said Kelly had "blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever."

That led to a private, clear-the-air conversation between Ailes and Trump two weeks ago, but that clearly hasn't led to peace.

In his tweets, Trump repeated his contention that Kelly, host of a prime-time Fox News show and one of the network's biggest stars, was sent on an unplanned vacation that ended Monday. Fox said her time off had been scheduled long before the debate. Trump also tweeted that Kelly was afraid to confront a guest, Dr. Cornel West, and that she had "no clue" on immigration.

Ailes again backed Kelly for her questioning during the debate, which he said was tough but fair.

"Donald Trump rarely apologizes, although in this case, he should," Ailes said. "We have never been deterred by politicians or anyone else attacking us for doing our job, much less allowed ourselves to be bullied by anyone and we're certainly not going to start now."

Some of Kelly's Fox colleagues also came to her defense. Bret Baier, who moderated the debate with Kelly and Chris Wallace, tweeted that "this needs to stop." Brian Kilmeade said on "Fox & Friends" that Trump's comments bothered him personally.

"We are all friends with Donald Trump, but he is totally out of bounds reigniting that fight," Kilmeade said. "I don't know if he's trying to get ratings out of that or poll numbers, but he's not going to be successful."

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-08-26

No apology no nothing, if you want to be a top presenter, and to dish the hard questions out to people, be ready, be ready to cope some of the spray back on you, this is the business of TV journalism.... no hard feelings and all's in a day work.....

No apology no nothing, if you want to be a top presenter, and to dish the hard questions

out to people, be ready, be ready to cope some of the spray back on you, this is the business

of TV journalism.... no hard feelings and all's in a day work.....

This is all about hard feelings. He is as vindictive as they come.

Hardly surprising when you consider that Ailes just went public, stating that he and Faux News are going to "save" America from Trump... Looks like Rupert Murdoch has instructed Ailes to take the poison pill and play their ratings card with GOP voters... Not a smart thing to do when going up against someone that has an overwhelming lead in the polls, which is the Faux News demographic...

I totally disagree with the FOX statement. I do not think Megyn Kelly is a quality journalist. I think her questioning of me, despite all of the polls saying I won the debate, was very unfair. ~ Trump

That's some time-traveling wackadoodleness right there. Because he won the polls that were taken after the debate, Kelly shouldn't have been a bitch to him during the debate . Huh?

As to Roger Ailes respecting women? Another: huh? Have you seen Fox News?

https://www.youtube.com/embed/DEoWSaM61NI

Fox and Trump arguing about who's a smaller dick to women is like me trying to decide which is a more finer looking turd in my potty this morning.

T

I totally disagree with the FOX statement. I do not think Megyn Kelly is a quality journalist. I think her questioning of me, despite all of the polls saying I won the debate, was very unfair. ~ Trump

That's some time-traveling wackadoodleness right there. Because he won the polls that were taken after the debate, Kelly shouldn't have been a bitch to him during the debate . Huh?

Fox and Trump arguing about who's a smaller dick to women is like me trying to decide which is a more finer looking turd in my potty this morning.

T

Trump is winning. You and yours are losing.

T

Indeed, he is winning--but only the Fox demographic. What is that demographic? Older, mostly white, less well-informed than the general population (in fact, and remarkably, more uninformed than people who don't watch *any* news), less inclined to believe in science, and racist. Let him have those.

Fortunately, most Americans voters don't fall into that demographic.

T

T

Indeed, he is winning--but only the Fox demographic. What is that demographic? Older, mostly white, less well-informed than the general population (in fact, and remarkably, more uninformed than people who don't watch *any* news), less inclined to believe in science, and racist. Let him have those.

T

And who are Hillary voters? Unemployable blacks, hispanic high school dropouts, elderly White female civil servants, and a handful of Silicon Valley billionaires looking for constant sources of cheap labor from outside the US.

T

T

And who are Hillary voters? Unemployable blacks, hispanic high school dropouts, elderly White female civil servants, and a handful of Silicon Valley billionaires looking for constant sources of cheap labor from outside the US.

I thought this thread was about Trump?

The train is coming off its tracks. The crash is going to be great, a true self-implosion. Can't wait.

smile.png

Oh No ,.... The world needs Donald(where's yoor troosers) Trump as the next US President. Just think of the fun we'll all have .. A breath of fresh air after Obama . Remember Ronald Reagan.. !

Trump believes his pole numbers are more important than his personal behavior. Ailes is in trouble. His base is Trump's base. The Trump/Fox war would seem inevitable. clap2.gif

OR

Ailes, Trump and Kelly are playing this for the ratings and attention they crave?

Here is a true gem (every day there is a new one):

"Hopefully in the future I will be proven wrong and she will be able to

elevate her standards to a level of professionalism that a network
such as FOX deserves," Trump said.

cheesy.gif

Donald Trump goes after Megyn Kelly AGAIN, posting that Fox host is a 'bimbo' and saying her show is better without her.

What do you think? Bimbo or no?

Bimbo. Too young for the caliph of Trumpestan.

Edited by Scott

T

T

Quite a flattering description of the Democratic party. No doubt you are gonna vote for Trump the Terrible?

No apology no nothing, if you want to be a top presenter, and to dish the hard questions out to people, be ready, be ready to cope some of the spray back on you, this is the business of TV journalism.... no hard feelings and all's in a day work.....

But, that only applies to real men. Donald is a man child. He cannot take it. He loves to confront, but hates being confronted. He is always right. You do not question a prophet.

Donald Trump goes after Megyn Kelly AGAIN, posting that Fox host is a 'bimbo' and saying her show is better without her.

What do you think? Bimbo or no?

The bimbo actually said (and I believe it was from her heart) that Jesus and Santa Claus are white. Really, she said that.

End of the show, turn out the lights, tip your waitress, say goodnight Gracie. I'll be here all week.

So glad to see Mr. Murdoch's 'Henchmen and Henchmen' getting it stuck to them! They so obviously biased it's should never be called a News channel. It ought to be called a Proper Ganda station!

Long live freedom of speech and democracy!

The Trump demographic is the Fox viewers plus others who support him. The Fox demographic is only Fox viewers. Trump will have most of the Fox viewers on his side as he did in the original fallout with Kelly.

Ailes already backed off once and called Trump to calm the waters after the debate. I wonder what he will do this time. Trump keeps winning these bouts regardless of who is involved. He came out on top after insulting John McCain and after calling out all illegal Hispanics and... Each time I thought he had cooked himself but he just came back stronger.

It's time to stop underestimating Trump.

Never met the man, but i do know that anyone who can play golf and carry a single digit handicap through life is not all bad. In fact, good golfers are generally good men.

Yeah, and Kelly does meet some of my requirements of 'bimbo'. HOOTERS of BKK is looking for servers, she would serve well.