Trump has Univision anchor removed from news conference

webfact

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think we stop splitting hairs on the civil and criminal differences as it relates to the immigration issue.

There is a difference between illegally entering the country and legally entering the country and overstaying the visa.

Agreed, and you are more aware of this then most here, or even therewai2.gif But these two issues are components of the entire fabric of this problem and for better or worse people do lump it all into one category when reflecting upon the issue publicly. Later, or in policy details, these issues are teased apart should wise steps ever be taken. For public discourse, unless one narrowly confines the topic, people are pissed off and lumping them all into the "something must be done about this mess" debate. IMO, this issue is polarized into left and right views and it is an understatement to assert the left frequently goes to the very meaning of words to try to change the foundational meanings and in this way influence debates. It is linguistic and cultural subversion to argue an issue with poison pills, ostracize, and ad hominen. Changing the meaning of words, using social levers to bad descriptive terminology or coopt its meaning, are very typical gaslighting politics to stifle legitimate debate. Thus those who use the word illegals are frequently now shut out of common debate when it is a valid term for those people who are... illegals. This applies equally to visa over-stayers and border crossers, civil or criminal. Its high time the touchy feely "those words hurt" nonsense ceases and reason takes over.

I actually care less about the outcome of the debate then hoping an honest debate actually finally takes place, rather than having social engineering constantly hoisted upon the American people. If my country willfully decides to keep the same path, then ok. I will stand by it. But this is not what has been happening and Trump's voice accurately reflects public opinion. People are tired of eating a crap sandwich, one bite at a time.

I don't see Trump's electoral college path to the presidency. The nomination, maybe. But no chance he takes big states like New York, Ohio, all of the west coast, Illinois, all of the northeast. Florida maybe. If he runs as third party, then even worse for him and the republican.

Next! ...

Abusing Sanders name doesn't matter ... he's irrelevant.

Trump's people? You actually believe anything Trump or "Trump's people" says?

He may run as a not a politician, but now he is one, and really the absolutely WORSE kind.

A racist, divisive, xenophobic demagogue.

Don't get me wrong. I think he has no chance of being president. So I do enjoy the ENTERTAINMENT in this, the 2016 PRE SEASON.

Edited by Jingthing

*Deleted post edited out*

The every four year tango is when each political party finds the candidate it believes will best and most effectively appeal to the broad center middle of the electorate. This also leaves the small political fringe wrecking ball rightwingers out on the margins of politics and government, away from the levers of power. Donald Trump is Exhibit Number One of why this is a good idea.

The party and candidate that strike the responsive chord with the vast mainstream center-middle of the electorate almost always wins. Because the hard hitting rightwingers love black and white contrasts, this huge grey middle area really befuddles and confuses 'em time after time. The right considers stable, steady, measured progress and development too vanilla for their tastes. The right instead keeps on throwing raspberries and cherry bombs.

Which is why every four years the rightwing extremes get stuck by the fickle finger of fate. Everything about the system and the vast majority of people in it is designed to keep the margins on the outside looking in, no matter how excited the extremists can sometimes get over the occasional double-barrell political drifter who throws his bs into the ring.

It is really up to Faux to slay this monster it helped to create...

Nope, not at all accurate.

CNN has amazing ongoing positive coverage of Trump. Not only many of its guests, but the anchors themselves are saying good things about Trump.

Which, of course, actually carries more weight than if FOX said it.

Monster or not, Trump is solidly in the race, and people's minds.

Hillary is finished. Her lack of personality, and respect for law, has doomed her.

If the word 'accurate' is going to be used it's going to have to be documented rather than just arbitrarily or summarily being thrown out there. Unless the poster watches the news of both neworks 24/7 and has documented it already.

Ramos asked questions and Trump engaged Ramos in a contentious Q&A that involved commentary.

Republicans btw have already lost the nation's Hispanic vote by historic record proportions, maybe 80 percent of it or more in the 2016 election. And the Asian vote thanks to Bush and Trump and all the candidates.

Thank you God for Donald Trump and all the rest of 'em over on that side.

You do realize that it's still 2015 - so no way of knowing the percentage of voters lost - and even then it would be from a poll rather than voting results.

Focus groups child, focus groups. That is where the serious professionals in each party and at the top of the various campaigns get the very strong indication up to 80% of Hispanic voters will vote D in the election.

Jorge Ramos the nightly news anchor at Spanish language Univision could now shoot for 90% and the really bad news for the R party is that Ramos will have the next 18 months to press the case that a Republican president would be the worst thing for Latinos since the plague.

Probably worse.

Elections are lost because too many people stay at home and don't vote ( Romney ). There is plenty of time to get the majority of the country to bother to vote, especially if they can scare them enough with the possibility of HRC ( Obama mark 2 ) winning.

If the GOP has any sense, they will not depend on blacks, Hispanics or those living off taxpayer handouts to vote for a GOP candidate.

He may run as a not a politician, but now he is one, and really the absolutely WORSE kind.

Don't get me wrong. I think he has no chance of being president. So I do enjoy the ENTERTAINMENT in this, the 2016 PRE SEASON.

Are you seriously saying that Obama isn't divisive? Obama is exhibit #1 that divisive politicians can get elected twice.

If the word 'accurate' is going to be used it's going to have to be documented rather than just arbitrarily or summarily being thrown out there. Unless the poster watches the news of both neworks 24/7 and has documented it already.

Ramos asked questions and Trump engaged Ramos in a contentious Q&A that involved commentary.

Republicans btw have already lost the nation's Hispanic vote by historic record proportions, maybe 80 percent of it or more in the 2016 election. And the Asian vote thanks to Bush and Trump and all the candidates.

Thank you God for Donald Trump and all the rest of 'em over on that side.

You do realize that it's still 2015 - so no way of knowing the percentage of voters lost - and even then it would be from a poll rather than voting results.

Focus groups child, focus groups. That is where the serious professionals in each party and at the top of the various campaigns get the very strong indication up to 80% of Hispanic voters will vote D in the election.

Jorge Ramos the nightly news anchor at Spanish language Univision could now shoot for 90% and the really bad news for the R party is that Ramos will have the next 18 months to press the case that a Republican president would be the worst thing for Latinos since the plague.

Probably worse.

Elections are lost because too many people stay at home and don't vote ( Romney ). There is plenty of time to get the majority of the country to bother to vote, especially if they can scare them enough with the possibility of HRC ( Obama mark 2 ) winning.

If the GOP has any sense, they will not depend on blacks, Hispanics or those living off taxpayer handouts to vote for a GOP candidate.

From a political standpoint it keeps on sounding great each day, day after day, that the Republicans are pursuing the identical loser strategies of 2008 and 2012 going in to 2016. Don't change a thing boyz.

Edited by Publicus

Are you seriously saying that Obama isn't divisive? Obama is exhibit #1 that divisive politicians can get elected twice.

I wasn't saying anything about Obama, either way.

I don't think he is divisive, I think the republicans have been divisive ever since his first election.