Lack of Visitors

oldsailor35

I have just spent several days wondering around Koh Samui. Everywhere i go i see lots of signs.... House-Bungalow for Rent, House for Sale, Land for Rent, Land for Sale. Shops which were previously in use are empty with For Let signs. At the same time, the government under Prayuth is constantly telling us that the economy is going well and that there are record numbers of tourists arriving in Thailand.

My question is "Why are these large numbers of arriving tourists" avoiding Koh Samui, surely it's not caused by the "Death Island" (Koh Tao) fiasco perpetrated by the RTP. Or is it.

Well I read about economic problems and that the tourist numbers will recover soon (recover means they are low).

And of course if they increase the amount of buildings and hotels every year, more will be empty even if the amounts of tourists also increase (but at a slower rate)

CLOSED

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Policy In General Regarding Thailand Election/Political Discussions

As a result of the great increase in posts about politics in Thailand, we are requesting that members keep political discussion confined to threads already open in the Thailand News Forum.
Non-political topics in General which are hijacked with political arguments will see posts removed without further notice.

Members who cannot comply with our request will risk a posting suspension.

And let's not forget NO discussion of the Monarchy in a political context. An immediate ban is possible.

Link to forum rules regarding the Monarchy: Here

Thanks for your understanding and participation on Thaivisa.

Thaivisa moderating team