Shell E20 With Cleansing Agents

FarangMoto

engine_gunk.jpg

Keeping an engine clean for optimum performance is more important than you think.

The engine is the heart of a car that sends power to be able to drive on the road. Before selecting a car to buy, many people look at the engines' power capability by comparing different engines to each other to find what suits them. However capable the engine, loss of power due to usage over time is inevitable. One reason is due to deposits and build-up.

Where does the build-up in the engine come from?

Many people think it is normal to have build-up and gunk in an engine and that nothing can be done about it. Most are unaware of the origin or cause of such build-up. Shell E20 gasohol has an easy explanation.

http://www.farangmoto.com/thailand/index.php/86-articles/369-shell-e20

Picture looks like oil sludge to me - as in oil not changed frequently enough. No amount of E20 Super duper fuel with additive is gonna clean that up unless poured on directly as a cleaning solvent and agitated with a brush. Rather misleading photo if its supposed to indicate the aforementioned fuel would prevent that happening.

That picture is on another forum as part of a discussion on sludge build up due to oil not being changed enough as well. Google the photo name.

The photo is a little misleading but an example of build-up for those who don't know what it is. I don't think the article is trying to imply that if you have this amount of build-up already that using Shell's E20 will clean it. Obviously this engine is way beyond it. It is trying to imply that using decent fuel will aid in prevention of.

Just to be clear it was an oversight on my part, not Shell. I placed the image as an example

Edited by FarangMoto

All petrol/gasoline you buy is the same (and may well come out of the same refinery) - the only difference being the additives each company adds to the base petroleum. This is why one should only buy from the major players like Shell, Caltex etc. even if the product does cost an extra Baht or two.

Gunk is a cleaning fluid used in the UK for cleaning old oil and crap from Enigine and gearbox, before working on them,and re asembling them. You scrub the area with Gunk,then wash down

with water.

Looks like someone has done a good photo shop on the picture. Or been using grease instead of oil for a lube. The post about E20 and other fuels is rubbish. the photo has nothing to do with

fuel used.

If it is real,then much more to do with the oil used.