Bangkok Bank. Useless or just incompetent.

I applied for an internet account. I handed in all the completed forms to their office at BigC,...was told it would be sent to head office for actioning.

6 days later the pin number arrived but no account identifiction number...which they say is sent by email.

No email has been recieved,so I contacted them to complain.

They replied that they could not resend due to 'security reasons"

I asked them that if this was the case then maybee they should start again with my application and send a fresh pin by post and email me the account Ref.

NO REPLY AFTER 5 DAYS.

When I first got my Bangkok Bank ibanking I got the first required coded via post/mail and the second code was suppose to come by email. Like you, I hadn't got the email although I had got the other part by post/mail.

I called the Bangkok Bank Call Center, told them my problem, they connected to the proper department, told them my problem, had a couple of security questions to properly identify me. Turns out they had sent the code via email but their was a typo in the email. Now I had clearly printed my email address on the application knowing how important that email address would be but some how they still made one typo when entering it into their system. They corrected the email and sent me a new code via email....got it while still talking to them on the phone. I was then able to logon to my ibanking for the first time.

Get on the phone and talk to them. I get the impression (maybe I'm wrong) from your email you have done your communicating with them via email only.

Well I applied at least two months ago. Two weeks ago asked again what is happening ... apparently some problem with the info that they have recorder on my file. Maybe due to the silly questionnaire that I have to fill in now and again. Maybe sometimes I gave different answers. Anyway apparently it will take 3 Months to sort!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm moving most of my money to CIMB. Unfortunately CIMB won't give me their 'Preferred' Credit Card as I'm retired and also not Thai ... so have to keep my BK Bank one.

Yesterday I sat queuing (or queueing) for at least 30 minutes, in my BB branch. AlI I wanted to do was to move some money from an account that I purposely don't have an ATM Card, to one that I do. I have been with this bank for over 10 years and it gets worse every year.

sorry to hear about your bad experience, mine is quite different,

I learned that offices in BigC or any other shopping mals (i.e. Central Pattaya) are pretty much usless when you need more than cash from ATM...

I have however VERY good experience with the (I think district) office of Bangkok Bank on 2nd Road (200m from Central Pattaya Road towards North Pattaya):

- had my first account from Chonburi city and the told me, they can not open i-banking for me, have to go there.

- offered me to open a new account in their office, did so, helped me transfer my money from Chonburi to Pattaya and gave me the ATM card (15 minutes all together)

- filled all necessary forms for me and told me, ID will come through mail, PIN pickup in branch BUT they will also mail it to me since I had to return to Switzerland for some time.

- another 15 minutes for all i-banking forms...

worked as promised, 2 weeks for the ID, 5 more days for the PIN, all set up and working smoothly

Note: you might want to check your spam folders... "normal" bank mails and mails for ID come from different mail addresses, the ID also went into my spam folder when it arrived.

Hope all will turn out well for you, good luck

another note about BKK Bank:

once I had my e-banking all set up, I set my SMS alert information and also downloaded their mobile banking app and identified myself there - again easy peace of cake except that you can only activate (first time) their m-banking app between 7am and 10pm... why ever that timeframe is there, I do not know, but again it works smooth including features like top-up my phone through the mobile app, send money through mobile app (to accounts that are registered) etc etc.

and another note: SAME was true for my SCB account - ebanking, mbanking all set up in minutes, IF you go to the right office (SCB I us the one on beach road near entry to walking street)

This seems to be a recurring problem with Bangkok Bank in setting up Internet banking

Had exactly the same problem with the email to obtain the User Name, the PIN arrived via SMS, and I only obtained the User name by going back to the branch and having them resolve it

This was four years ago and they still have not fixed the problem

Also many branches are still under the impression that you need a work permit to open an account at Bangkok Bank and it always requires a phone call to the head office to get that straightened out so obviously their computer input appears to be the problem

When I first got my Bangkok Bank ibanking I got the first required coded via post/mail and the second code was suppose to come by email. Like you, I hadn't got the email although I had got the other part by post/mail.

I called the Bangkok Bank Call Center, told them my problem, they connected to the proper department, told them my problem, had a couple of security questions to properly identify me. Turns out they had sent the code via email but their was a typo in the email. Now I had clearly printed my email address on the application knowing how important that email address would be but some how they still made one typo when entering it into their system. They corrected the email and sent me a new code via email....got it while still talking to them on the phone. I was then able to logon to my ibanking for the first time.

Get on the phone and talk to them. I get the impression (maybe I'm wrong) from your email you have done your communicating with them via email only.

What is the best phone number to call BKK bank with?

Thanks

I think that dealing with any Thai company via email is problematic, & the conclusion that I've come to is that most staffs English is so bad that they either refuse to reply to an English email or if they try they nearly always make stupid mistakes. I'm sure that this is because of the awful education system & the fact that most get their jobs based on who they know & what they pay for it rather than actually being competent in the job that they're doing... TIT

I set up my BKK bank account in Patong about two years ago, established internet banking w/user ID and pwd at the same time. Also got debit card (no frills white card). Set up my USA bank transfer to their NYC->Thai banking a week later. Never a problem then or ever since.

What is the best phone number to call BKK bank with?

Thanks

Just call their Call Center number which they call Bualuang Phone.

post-55970-0-02320100-1441194597_thumb.j

I gave up after 2 months of "trying", waiting etc, just went and closed the account.

Went to Kasikorn and did everything on the spot in 20 minutes.

As with so much in Thailand, varies from place to place, and even office to office, and not just banking but just about everything.

An UPDATE.....I should have mentioned that my hearing,especialy on the phone is nil so I correspond by email when its available.

Anyhow after 6 days they sent a reply asking for my full name,email address and phone number. I replied with the warning about the phone.

Next day they replied saying that they HAD sent the email but not to my current address,and they would send the number by email to my current address.

I did a check on all my previous email accounts and found no emails from them.

Needless to say...no email recieved.

Edited by gennisis

Having read the above comments I now know that I am not alone. I applied via my local bank for internet banking on 31 May 2015 since that time four further applications have been submitted, again by the local Bangkok Bank staff. Three separate phone calls by the Manager of the local bank have been, each time receiving the reply that all will be fixed within the next 7 days, which needless to say it has not happened.

The Manager of the local bank has tried to diffuse my irritation with Head Office by telling me that they - Head Office - lack continuity of staff and that she has not spoken to the same person each time she has called.

Time to re-think my bank!

An UPDATE.....I should have mentioned that my hearing,especialy on the phone is nil so I correspond by email when its available.

Anyhow after 6 days they sent a reply asking for my full name,email address and phone number. I replied with the warning about the phone.

Next day they replied saying that they HAD sent the email but not to my current address,and they would send the number by email to my current address.

I did a check on all my previous email accounts and found no emails from them.

Needless to say...no email recieved.

After 3 weeks of being messed about the email with the number arrived.