Bangkok bombing: 24 officers 'transferred' over misconduct

webfact

These Uighurs are just the nuts and bolts men, the logistics guys, the bomb planter.

This is really a battle between military factions for control of the country and its resources. The huge profits from human trafficking is just one of the pots of gold and also one of the tools in the box to gain control of the main prize.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One (of many) thing that has stood out throughout this entire episode has been the lack of evidence displayed in front of the media. This to me, is against regular routine, in that the majority of successful busts leading to recovered items are on display to the media sometimes it seems before they have even been indexed.

A couple of photographs have been released and that is that.

I would be interested in seeing the C4, TNT and other chemical substances that have been claimed, as well as physical sighting of the detonators, etc.

At the other end of the table to the explosives of course.......................wink.png

However, if doing so would impede further investigation, then carry on and get the job finished. Just seems 'out-of-the-norm', that's all.

You wanted to see it all lined up on a table in front of him (all the seized evidence) and 20 cops mugging like jack-asses in the background, yes, it is strange this hasn''t yet happened, the cops do like their photo-ops.

Have we had any finger pointing photos yet? No? They are clearly not ready to show their hand. An investigation is not complete until the fingers are pointed.

The good part about being transferred to an "inactive" posts would be they can sit on their freckles all day. The not so good

part for them is that they will probably be removed from any tea money distribution lists.

I think you will find that being transferred to inactive positions is a pretext to being fired soon after. They get a hearing first which is why they are never fired straight away. It is the same as being suspended with pay in the west, onl;y difference is that they still have to report to workk in Thailand where in the west they are allowed to stay at home.

Mostly true but here's another twist of these arrangements:

- Just after the coup one very senior cop lives near me, very big house, was suddenly at home 24/7.

- He had a private (non-police) staff of 11. His non-police staff used police vehicles to do their 'errands', mostly from his house.

- Turns out he was ordered to not leave his house for any reason 24/7 and prohibited to have any form of contact with police or anybody, and prohibited to have / use any form of phone or radio owned by him or anybody.

- His private staff now never see.

- Now in jail, sentenced to 12 years.

Forget transfer sack fire dismiss

You need a whole new force from good education not Isan cowboys set only to rob motorists and Prayuth you need to non privatize this cowboy show soon they will open discount shops for membership on traffic fine discounts

Isann Cowboys

Good to see some steps to promote accountability.

Really...they think a suspect may have gone through that border... Utter rubbish.
If you read BP the guy they got in the apartment detailed how he came into Thailand via Vietnam-Laos-Cambodia and paid 18,000 to get in at this border point.

But since you seem to know that's untrue, perhaps you could share with the rest of us?

Edited by pmugghc

Rubbish!

Were they given a tip-off from a landlord? Were they expected to search how many hundred thousand homes?

They are scapegoats. In this instance, I sympathise with the police that have been transferred. And the Immigration officers!!? Really...they think a suspect may have gone through that border... Utter rubbish.

Another angry expert: where do you all live?

Why do you think their job involved searching hundreds of thousands of homes? What a crass comment.

Can you share with us what you know about their orders since you appear to be in the know?

Rubbish!

Were they given a tip-off from a landlord? Were they expected to search how many hundred thousand homes?

Why don't you check the other newspaper? The commanders for the 2 regions had reported they HAD searched all houses and nothing was wrong. What's rubbish? Your posts!

to be transferred to inactive posts an no tea money,

same as death as no way someone could live on the "real" salary of a local cop

Point in fact,

I have crossed into and out of thailand to laos and Cambodia with my own car many times

NOT ONCE has anyone ever looked inside the car or opened the truck

he could have saved $18,000

ONLY Malaysia has looked inside but never coming INTO Thailand

Edited by phuketrichard

The good part about being transferred to an "inactive" posts would be they can sit on their freckles all day. The not so good

part for them is that they will probably be removed from any tea money distribution lists.

doesn't matter,they can get another job and still receive their salaries as police officers

Rubbish!

They are scapegoats. In this instance, I sympathise with the police that have been transferred. And the Immigration officers!!? Really...they think a suspect may have gone through that border... Utter rubbish.

Yeah , like looking for a needle in a hay stack, mostly anywhere the suspicious activities become suspected by the neighbours who dob them in.

Rubbish!

Why don't you check the other newspaper? The commanders for the 2 regions had reported they HAD searched all houses and nothing was wrong. What's rubbish? Your posts!

I would suggest that searching all houses in an entire bangkok district takes quite a long time. Like weeks..... They checked the suspicious ones they knew of....

Does this mean that after decades of ignoring requests from BKK Police Headquarters...that we are now actually going to be required to do our job and do actual police work?

I did not sign up for this...I enjoy bogus checkpoint scams, raiding massage parlors looking for freebies, gambling, and drinking Thai whiskey while on duty...

You need a whole new force from good education not Isan cowboys set only to rob motorists and Prayuth you need to non privatize this cowboy show soon they will open discount shops for membership on traffic fine discounts

Isann Cowboys

Absolutely - Isann cowboys. The root of all evil, They are responsible for all the corruption, crime, and low dealing in this country.

What's more they are the wrong colour, speak funny, and many suspect they vote fro the wrong people!

Put them back to the serfs they were always meant to be!

(except for the ones who clean our condos, drive our taxis, sweep our streets and man (woman?) our bars of course!)

It's a good thing I'm in a jolly mood this evening, or I might have been tempted to suggest that you had acquired some "Thai racism"

Edited by JAG

If the RTP officers took money to let the guy into Thailand who eventually planted the bomb then those officers are accomplices in the murder of 20 people! The only good transfer for them is a transfer to a prison holding cell.

The victims relatives, could sue the R.T.P.

I think you will find that being transferred to inactive positions is a pretext to being fired soon after. They get a hearing first which is why they are never fired straight away. It is the same as being suspended with pay in the west, onl;y difference is that they still have to report to workk in Thailand where in the west they are allowed to stay at home.

actually it is not possible for them to be fired without a royal declaration as their commissions come from the king. it would not be polite to ask the king to withdraw their commission so the inactive post is the solution.

"In Bangkok, the officers were transferred for failing to follow an order from police central command to carry out searches of property and “suspicious foreigners” in the wake of the 17 Aug. attack. Responding to the order, police in Min Buri and Nong Chok districts had sent back all-clear reports, indicating no foreigners or bomb-making materials had been found."

​Were these officers sent specifically to the locations the bomb making materials were later found, and then reported those locations as being "all clear" ?

Or are they being held responsible for not finding these specific locations?

How practical is it to expect officers to inspect EVERY possible location in two entire districts?

More details are needed.

I am not convinced this is not just another " dog and pony show" to show the public how "serious" the police really are.

If they did search the same properties and did not report the findings, they should be "hung"

But if not???

"In Bangkok, the officers were transferred for failing to follow an order from police central command to carry out searches of property and “suspicious foreigners” in the wake of the 17 Aug. attack. Responding to the order, police in Min Buri and Nong Chok districts had sent back all-clear reports, indicating no foreigners or bomb-making materials had been found."

​Were these officers sent specifically to the locations the bomb making materials were later found, and then reported those locations as being "all clear" ?

Or are they being held responsible for not finding these specific locations?

How practical is it to expect officers to inspect EVERY possible location in two entire districts?

More details are needed.

I am not convinced this is not just another " dog and pony show" to show the public how "serious" the police really are.

If they did search the same properties and did not report the findings, they should be "hung"

But if not???

Which would of course beg the question, where do the police keep this enormous database of every specific dodgy foreigner and suspicious place?

Isann Cowboys

If you pay a livable wage and benefits, you will get educated responsible officers.

When they are underpaid and required to supply their own equipment and supplies, they can not do it without the tea money.

It is a system set up to fail set up to require corruption to survive.

I do not blame the officers.

Enforcing traffic laws and issuing citations with reasonable fines alone, would finance an honest police force.

Rubbish!

The suspect allegedly told police he used that crossing, including paying 18,000 baht to get through with his dodgy passport.

In which case the Immigration people will deserve what they get.

Rubbish!

They were expected to do their job, not goof off and say we found nothing. And yes search as many hundred thousand houses as needed.

The utter rubbish is in your response.