Police to announce arrest of 'Bangkok bomber'

webfact

Who is the other guy then that they paraded around all the time. I am confused now.

Do keep up, he was arrested at a house containing bomb making equipment but was never touted as the one that placed the bomb

If that was the case why did the keep comparing his picture with that of the bomber and saying it was a match.

And paid out 3 million bath to the police for solving the case before this arrest.

Edited by robblok

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bombing Suspect Arrested, 3 Warrants Issued for Turkish Men
By Kahosod English

14410948421441096704l.jpg
Suspect arrested today in Sa Kaeo province near the border with Cambodia.

BANGKOK — A man has been taken into custody in eastern Thailand todayon suspicion of being involved in the Erawan Shrine bombing earlier this month.

The photograph was released by the military government as word spreads of a pending announcement an arrest has been made of another suspect in the deadly bombing of the Erawan Shrine earlier this month, according to sources. Thai authorities reportedly took the man into custody in Sa Kaeo province near the border with Cambodia.

Conflicting accounts indicate whether the suspect is the so-called "yellow shirted man," but three messages posted to Twitter by Bangkok Post reporter Wassana Nanuam said she was told by Prime Minister Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha the man is the prime suspect in the attack on the Erawan Shrine, which killed 20 people earlier this month.

In one message, Wassana said the arrest happened in Sa Kaeo province near the border with Cambodia, citing Prayuth as her direct source. According to Wassana, Gen. Prayuth said the suspect is a foreigner.

Meanwhile police spokesman Prawuth Thawornsiri, who was expected to give a public address this afternoon, has reportedly played down reports he is the man.

Meanwhile three new arrest warrants have been issued this afternoon for three men. The warrants indicate their nationality as Turkish. Their names (transcribed from Thai) are Ali Jolan, Ahmet Bozoglan and a third unidentified man. All three are charged with illegal possesion of explosives.

1441097243_turks2.jpg

Police have also released an image of a passport they said the suspect was carrying. The passport is Chinese and identified the man's birthplace as in Xinjiang province. Xinjiang province is the home of a Turkic ethnic group that some have speculated might have been involved in the attack.

Full story http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1441094842&typecate=06&section=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-09-01

We should assume that there was a team of people involved here and this guy and the other one previously arrested are members of that team.

I expect they will make further arrests.

Something that's worth considering is that the guy who actually placed the bomb in the shrine is almost certainly not the one in charge. It will be interesting to find out where these guys come from and why they did this.

I notice the Turkish embassy has been informed yet nobody knows the nationality of them whistling.gif

...and he was allegedly carrying a Chinese passport! Curiouser and curiouser.

Thai prime minister says main suspect in bombing arrested

BANGKOK (AP) — Thailand's prime minister says authorities have arrested a man they believe is the main suspect in a bombing at a shrine in central Bangkok two weeks ago that killed 20 people.

Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha said Tuesday the man is a foreigner and was arrested in eastern Thailand near the Cambodian border. He described him as the main person in the bombing but did not directly say he is suspected of actually planting the bomb.

Prayuth said officials knew from their investigation that people involved in the bombing were about to flee the country and had traced the man to Aranyaprathet district in Sa Kaeo, a major crossing point to Cambodia. The prime minister described the man as a piece in a jigsaw puzzle that would connect various parts of the case, which included a bombing the day after the shrine blast that exploded harmlessly in the river next to a busy Bangkok pier.

Security officials on Saturday arrested a man during a raid on a Bangkok apartment that contained some bomb-making materials, and Thai military authorities have been interrogating him. He has been linked to the shrine bombing, but the authorities have not yet released his name or nationality. Arrest warrants were issued Monday for two more suspects, a Thai woman and a man of unknown nationality.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-09-01

We should assume that there was a team of people involved here and this guy and the other one previously arrested are members of that team.

I expect they will make further arrests.

Something that's worth considering is that the guy who actually placed the bomb in the shrine is almost certainly not the one in charge. It will be interesting to find out where these guys come from and why they did this.

I notice the Turkish embassy has been informed yet nobody knows the nationality of them whistling.gif

...and he was allegedly carrying a Chinese passport! Curiouser and curiouser.

Xinjiang, it's it's where the Uighurs come from

Other media reports (BP) are indicating a big shake up at the Sa Kaew border immigration department.

A number of immigration department staff have been transferred due to the first suspect having entered Thailand at that border point with the forged Turkey passport. Apparently he paid Bt18,000 to gain entry to Thailand with his forged passport. Obviously the immigration guys knew it was a forgery and allowed him into Thailand after the payment was made. Just how many others have been allowed in (and out) on the same basis?

So the same border crossing was being used by both suspects - plus others?

I guess that future immigration checks, at all border crossings, are going to be rather more thorough - at least until the dust settles.

Who is the other guy then that they paraded around all the time. I am confused now.

I am not one to defend the Thai police on consistency matters, but in this case they have always maintained the guy arrested on saturday was 'just' linked to the bombing and that he was not the yellow shirted bomber himself.

No, not always. For a few hours they were saying he was the bomber; even Reuters reported then as saying he "matched the description of a man who left a bag at the site of a Bangkok blast that killed 20 people nearly two weeks ago."

This new guy was carrying a Chinese passport - lends weight to the Uighur theory...

attachicon.gifCNzemFJVAAAHr0J.jpg

Yusufu...Sounds sino-Muslim.

So why contact the Turkish embassy?

Edited by Seastallion

I again not believe it is the right man NO NO NO

His to dark and it looks a Asian to me sorry but a well disguised one

Thais acn paly the game all night long but if they are sloppy they will jail wrong man and it will happen again

That is not the same guy.

I again not believe it is the right man NO NO NO

His to dark and it looks a Asian to me sorry but a well disguised one

Thais acn paly the game all night long but if they are sloppy they will jail wrong man and it will happen again

I agree that this does not look like yellow shirt guy. Note the Khaosod article above says that police spokesman Prawuth Thawornsiri has reportedly played down reports he is the man - and it was Prayuth who said that he was, but is now calling him "the main suspect" (mastermind?) but not actually saying he is the yellow shirt guy.

Edited by jamesbrock

It would appear Sa Kaeo immigration is a major gateway for illegal movements - the suspect arrested the other day alleged that he came in that way, resulting in six Immigration officers from Sa Kaeo have been transferred to inactive posts, now the alleged bomber was trying to get out that way...

I must say though, he looks taller and thinner than the yellow shirt guy... post-148255-0-53329500-1441100910_thumb.

Thailands most wanted man why is he not in handcuffs? Edited by uty6543

I am not one to defend the Thai police on consistency matters, but in this case they have always maintained the guy arrested on saturday was 'just' linked to the bombing and that he was not the yellow shirted bomber himself.

No, not always. For a few hours they were saying he was the bomber; even Reuters reported then as saying he "matched the description of a man who left a bag at the site of a Bangkok blast that killed 20 people nearly two weeks ago."

This new guy was carrying a Chinese passport - lends weight to the Uighur theory...

attachicon.gifCNzemFJVAAAHr0J.jpg

Xinjiang - I bet the passport is not fake and the bombing is linked to the deportation of Xinjiang Ugher back to China.

I thought they got him many days allready?

How do we know that this is the real bomber?

We'll never know, because the RTP is too much in a groove to "look good in the International community" aka "trying to fool the modern world as if we're all idiots" ....

in a groove, in a groove,.... in a Face saving prestige groove intheclub.gif

"bombing of the Erawa shrine, earlier this month, according to a reporter from the Bangkok Post."

Was there another bombing this morning ?

So what's your point? They are providing context, as news stories do over and over again. The bombing of the Erawan Shrine earlier this month - thats exactly what happened.

August was last month September is this month

It would appear Sa Kaeo immigration is a major gateway for illegal movements - the suspect arrested the other day alleged that he came in that way, resulting in six Immigration officers from Sa Kaeo have been transferred to inactive posts, now the alleged bomber was trying to get out that way...

I must say though, he looks taller and thinner than the yellow shirt guy...

attachicon.gifCNzdNPjVAAA9X_F.jpg

Thailands most wanted man why is he not in handcuffs?

My thoughts also...Why no handcuffs????