Police to announce arrest of 'Bangkok bomber'

webfact

Now turns out this guy was actually arrested in Cambodia on Monday

and only handed over at border today

And your source is?

The BP is reporting that he crossed the border on Monday and was picked up by Cambodian police on his way to PP. Handed over to Thailand today at the border crossing.

Looks like good work by the Cambodian authorities - will they be making a reward claim?!

Edit - pickup in Cambodia now being denied by Thai/Cambodian authorities. Maybe some bonus dispute / sharing issuerolleyes.gif

Edited by dabhand

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And your source is?

The BP is reporting that he crossed the border on Monday and was picked up by Cambodian police on his way to PP. Handed over to Thailand today at the border crossing.

Looks like good work by the Cambodian authorities - will they be making a reward claim?!

No. The BP article on this guy I have in front of me says clearly that he was TRYING to cross the border into Cambodia.

Ok correction. The BP app says he was trying to cross the border and the website says he was handed over by Combodia...

Edited by Nickymaster

Wait, what?!

Police spotted the suspect when he was trying to sneak across the border into Cambodia from Aranyaprathet, Burapha Taskforce chief Maj-General Srisak Poonprasit said. The suspect had a black backpack, in which he was found to be carrying clothes similar to the ones the suspected bomber was seen wearing on the day of the attack (The Nation)

OK what's it gonna be? sneaking out? being brought in by the cambodians? Wake me up when they have a coherent story. Ta.

BP reported he was arrested in Cambodia. As you know I can't link. In my opinion BP has way better contacts with the military.

This could be a very profitable enterprise if the Police can collect 3,000,000 baht

for every suspect they arrest...Very profitable indeed....

If it was indeed the Cambodians who detained the suspect, i wonder is the reward international?

I again not believe it is the right man NO NO NO

His to dark and it looks a Asian to me sorry but a well disguised one

Thais acn paly the game all night long but if they are sloppy they will jail wrong man and it will happen again

Just stay in your box .The police origionaly said it was probably a group of aprox 10 .He is just one of the group .Dont keep trying to photo fit everyone they capture with the guy in the yellow shirt .

I've been wondering about that, did the military or police have some intelligence from the beginning which told them it's a group of approx 10?

I seriously hope the BIB have got him. If so well done.

I also hope it shuts up the "farang" bashers of BIB who have no idea of the "thai way" sometimes

I'm pretty sure the "Thai way" involves accepting or ignoring corrupt and incompetent behaviour, and excusing it was some mythical "way", rather than the corrupt and incompetent behaviour itself. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

In the Chinese company I work in Iraq, there are 3 Arab speaking Chinese, with Chinese passports but they don't look like your typical Asian, they do look Arabic, two are from an area close to Mongolia, and the other I do believe comes from the same place as this recent guy, they're also Muslim, but Chinese.

People shouldn't get too hung up on the fact this guy doesn't look Chinese ;)

Good result if this is indeed the case, will be interesting to see of the Cambodian authorities were indeed the ones who detained him.

Where do you get your info from??

All news sources say the he was caught by Thai authorities trying to pass the border into Cambodia.

No, read BP.

And your source is?

BP.

They're talking about this on the Thai language news on TV right now and from what I've heard he was caught illegally crossing the border at some point and sent back to the Thai authorities.

No pointing yet though! When they start pointing, that'll be the guy! Hope so anyway!

Also notice there doesn't seem to be any rush to wrap him in a bullet-proof vest as yet.........................rolleyes.gif

This conclusion is based on 2 images you saw in the media?

No, only the one image where he was not in handcuffs or wearing the usual ballistic vest they like to put them in.

Seems strange that a person of so much interest isn't even restrained.

Just a passing comment....................wink.png

In the Chinese company I work in Iraq, there are 3 Arab speaking Chinese, with Chinese passports but they don't look like your typical Asian, they do look Arabic, two are from an area close to Mongolia, and the other I do believe comes from the same place as this recent guy, they're also Muslim, but Chinese.

People shouldn't get too hung up on the fact this guy doesn't look Chinese wink.png

Good result if this is indeed the case, will be interesting to see of the Cambodian authorities were indeed the ones who detained him.

I agree, Fatty.

When I was in Kunming, China in 2006 there was a side street near the Museum with a few Muslim restaurants, the food there was great. The people were from northern China but looked for all the world like they were from the Middle East. They may well have been Uyghurs. thumbsup.gif

It would appear Sa Kaeo immigration is a major gateway for illegal movements - the suspect arrested the other day alleged that he came in that way, resulting in six Immigration officers from Sa Kaeo have been transferred to inactive posts, now the alleged bomber was trying to get out that way...

I must say though, he looks taller and thinner than the yellow shirt guy... attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Thailands most wanted man why is he not in handcuffs?

Because they have not got any

regards Worgeordie

So they say that he is the Bangkok Bomber,,,,,,But I read that they not have any proof whatsoever,,,,,Is this Shit reporting plucked out off the sky or what? Where is the,, Innocent until proven guilty,,Must have proof to report that he is the Bomber otherwise,, he is a suspect,,

Please get your shit together no rumours and false statements,,,Ok ,if he is the Bomber Hang him,

People shouldn't get too hung up on the fact this guy doesn't look Chinese wink.png

I agree, Fatty.

When I was in Kunming, China in 2006 there was a side street near the Museum with a few Muslim restaurants, the food there was great. The people were from northern China but looked for all the world like they were from the Middle East. They may well have been Uyghurs. thumbsup.gif

I worked in Xinjiang for 2 years in the 90s. Ethnic Uighur very central European looking. Had the odd blue eyed blonde haired woman. Very easy to distibguish from Han Chinese. They are being bred out of their province and the Chinese army is ruthless with them. Tough place to live. 35c in summer - 20c in winter. But a very beautiful place.

Lots of oil and gas up there they say.

Fake Chinese passports.. Fake Turkish passports...

If these guys are also linked to the Bangkok bombing and those deported back to China...

Then may have to revise my opinion ... Hard as it is to believe may be that the Chinese had it right and the rest of the world was wrong..

Maybe these are terrorists and not refugees.. If so, Thailand was right to send them back to China