Russian Amateur Drifter suffers car fire at East Pattaya Indoor Stadium Car Park

webfact

Russian Amateur Drifter suffers car fire at East Pattaya Indoor Stadium Car Park

russia-3.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A 27 year old Russian who is an amateur “Drifter”, was practicing his skills on Monday when his high-performance BMW burst into flames.

Fire Fighters arrived at the Pattaya Indoor Stadium Car Park, located in Soi Chayapreuk 2 in East Pattaya just before 4pm on Tuesday and after 30 minutes the fire was extinguished.

Mr. Mikhail Oleinikov was unhurt but devastated at losing his car which was completely destroyed by the fire which began when he was practicing his drifting.

Smoke began to come from the engine compartment so he decided to stop and exit his vehicle. Seconds later fire engulfed the car.

Full story http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/216793/russian-amateur-drifter-suffers-car-fire-at-east-pattaya-indoor-stadium-car-park/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-09-02

Good story, but hardly news, I am never shocked seeing Russians on Liveleaks doing stupid stuff.

Like the guy who cut off his own head with a chainsaw, for a bet.

High end vehicle up in flames as some fool wants to look cool turning corners.

Seriously, buy a chainsaw next time, its cheaper.

Screen-Shot-2014-09-19-at-12.56.22-PM-63

Edited by Charlie Croker

Self-decapitation by chainsaw is by no means confined to Russians, as a quick Google search of "man decapitates himself with chainsaw" will reveal.

Mercans, Brits, Germans, there is a veritable epidemic of the phenomenon, it seems.

Good story, but hardly news, I am never shocked seeing Russians on Liveleaks doing stupid stuff.

What's so stupid with drifting?

You don't know much about drifting, do you?

All around the world people are drifting with cars worth from nothing to million dollars.

A good reason to have a decent Fire Extinguisher on board, any car - especially one used for competitions.

A quick response from the driver might have saved his car from being a total write-off.

Waiting for the fire crew to turn up - by then it's too late.

Edited by xerostar

All around the world people are drifting with cars worth from nothing to million dollars.

do not care about fools drifting one way or the other , but when you complain and go into shock when your shxt catches on fire well that is just plain stupid . ..

People just do not understand that these cars are not just off the show room floor. They are specially designed and built.

built for what? For stupid games on the roads? The russian will use his push bike from now on I hope....

For drifiting.. Thailand has a pretty decent drift circuit scene.. And slightly less specialized cars can run gymkhana and or race too..

Been looking at a boosted e30 for a track car myself.

E30 3 series is not a high end vehicle!

Edited by Sviss Geez

"as some fool wants to look cool turning corners"

"You don't know much about drifting, do you?"

Is there something more to drifting than appearing cool whilst cornering?

Drifters that can afford a BMW? I need to learn this trade!

its a 20 year plus old e30.. Find a donor car at under 50k.. Slap a 1jz turbo in it (another 40 - 60) and a decent drivetrain to take the power and under 200k you have a workable basic track car.

People just do not understand that these cars are not just off the show room floor. They are specially designed and built.

built for what? For stupid games on the roads? The russian will use his push bike from now on I hope....

For drifiting.. Thailand has a pretty decent drift circuit scene.. And slightly less specialized cars can run gymkhana and or race too..

Been looking at a boosted e30 for a track car myself.

nevertheless......it's useless