Windows 10 Defender Not Working, Because Kasperky Anti Virus Installed?

lostinisaan

Hello and Sawasdee khrap,

The Windows 10 on my PC's running great now, after some small fixes. Is it possible that the Windows Defender will automatically switched off, when using an Anti virus program like Kaspersky?

Any ideas are wanted and warmly welcome. Thanks a lot in advance.

Common advice is: never use two on-access virus scanners in parallel,

In this case even more obvious: why run rudimentary Windows defender when having a full blown virus scanner?

Edited by KhunBENQ

Nearly all anti-virus products will disable Windows Defender by default. This is simply because running 2 at the same time does more harm than good (hogging system resources, conflicting with each other, sometimes red-flagging each other etc).

Thank you very much for the information. Yep, makes perfect sense that one's enough.

I run Uninstaller's clean up from time to time and really like the Windows 10 features, on my PC.

I still have Windows 7 on my notebook, together with Kaseprsky. And Windows tells me from time to time that I'll have to do a Defender update and scan.

Defender isn't really an Anti virus program. And regarding two systems, AVG pro and Kaspersky work together pretty well.

What AVG doesn't see will get caught by Kaspersky and vice versa.

I've only made some experiments with a backed up system to find out what's best.

Edited by lostinisaan

When I installed Windows 10 my Kaspersky's program vanished. At time time I checked on their website for information about compatibility with 10 or any fixes/upgrades available and found nothing.

I've upgraded three PC's to 10, all of them had Kaspersky on and all three work well. Did you try if the program is still visible in program files?

Kaspersky Antivirus is definitely not recommended, I tried all of them.

The best one is Dr.Web antivirus.

Not alll men like blonde girls. Some like girls with black hair, some prefer brunette. I on the other hand have tried almost all and I believe Kaspersky does a great job.

But this topic has been discussed for a million times already. BTW, I never heard of Dr. Web before.

You might want to have a look here and then rethink your statement. http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2372364,00.asp

P.S. I Googled Dr.Web and it seems that it's a great tool.

Edited by lostinisaan

Not alll men like blonde girls. Some like girls with black hair, some prefer brunette. I on the other hand have tried almost all and I believe Kaspersky does a great job.

But this topic has been discussed for a million times already. BTW, I never heard of Dr. Web before.

You might want to have a look here and then rethink your statement. http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2372364,00.asp

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Web

http://krebsonsecurity.com/2015/09/like-kaspersky-russian-antivirus-firm-dr-web-tested-rivals/

You've tried "all" of them? Must be a full time job.

Regardless, there are many excellent antivirus programs out there. Here's a link to one review/rating agency which review antivirus programs on approx a semi-annual basis...you can sort their ratings by Protection, Performance and Reliability. But of course "all" the various antivirus programs is not on the testing list.

I have Norton installed on some and Eset Endpoint on others, both IMO excellent suites. Norton made a great effort a number of years ago to reduce their product's footprint on the systems to great effect.

But, on all computers to reinforce security, i also run Malwarebytes Pro as i believe this program has the best focus on what may slip through the suites.

No need for Windows Defender or AVG if you're using Kaspersky, and Windows Defender will be disabled when Kaspersky is being used. You should never run two anti-virus programs at the same time.

Btw, I use Kaspersky and it did disable Defender on my pc. I like Kaspersky, Bitdefender took my boot-time from about 30 seconds to over 3 minutes, Norton was okay, can't remember why I stopped using it.

No need for Windows Defender or AVG if you're using Kaspersky, and Windows Defender will be disabled when Kaspersky is being used. You should never run two anti-virus programs at the same time.

Btw, I use Kaspersky and it did disable Defender on my pc. I like Kaspersky, Bitdefender took my boot-time from about 30 seconds to over 3 minutes, Norton was okay, can't remember why I stopped using it.

I like Kaspersky too. A friend of a friend's friend once told me that he'd use a KRT tool, or similar and is using it forever and ever and ever for no cash.

Of course would I never rip off Russian mafiosi. thumbsup.gif

P.S. Nastrovje

Edited by lostinisaan

Kaspersky is a virus program itself....

The Russian name of the program should give someone a hint....

Some posters on this forum seem to have serious viruses, as well. Just because it's Russian doesn't mean that it's bad.

They also make good vodka, or?

I have windows 10 and my ESET is now not working I am looking for a new anti virus to use something simple

How is your ESET not working? What version are you running, and have you tried a fresh install of ESET?

Re-installing is always recommended for Security Software when installing major OS Updates

You want to make sure the special 'hooks' it installs before the main OS is loaded are in place that allow early detection of bad code before it has a chance to do any damage, and also prevent other software from having easy access to disable or uninstall the security software.

my kaspersky also 'vanished' during w10 installation. i contacted k. customer service about it, they were very helpful. recommended to download the most current version from their website and re-install. it worked well, the install recognised the existing licence key, 'defender' got disabled but still complains.

k. has been on all my private and business computers for years (15+ at a guess) now and i never had one single incident. unlike with others...

Returning to the original question of the OP:

- firstly be sure no remnants are left out of the past from previous antivirus programs ( including those of previous Kaspersky versions ),

- secondly sometimes it is important first to get rid of installed malware before other things are capable to start working again as intended.