Thai Police reward was unnecessary and UNPROFESSIONAL

webfact

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A guy I knew who was always late for work when asked why he was late so much said " they don't pay me extra to come in on time" .

And he was serious.

If someone accepts a job they should do what the job requirements are and not have to be persuaded by cash rewards just to perform. Overtime, additional responsibility yes but just doing what the job description says No !

They treat the RTP like children....

Landlord : ring !!!!! ring !!!! ring !!!! ring !!!!!

Police ; hello ... sawasdee khup '''''' huh blink.png so you say you have the bomber in your appartments ?????

Landlord ; yes I have !!!

Landlord ; so I will get the 3 million reward khup ???? licklips.gif sure yes ?? !!! licklips.gif

Police ; kha pom !! khup !! mai pen rai gigglem.gif

They deserved the reward, the only regrettable thing is it couldn't have been more.

no stupid policemen deserve

to be rewarded for doing his god damn job. Only the public should be offered a reward for this , never the police. Brainless idiots.

Edited by reptile91602

They deserved the reward, the only regrettable thing is it couldn't have been more.

I don't think the police are usually rewarded directly like this in more progressive countries, but even if it's a good thing, don't you think that the reward should only be presented after a conviction and due process is completed to see how it should be divided? All the police (and helping citizens) involved should be regarded as a team and all get some of the "pie".

Allow me if you will, to be a tad bit more facetious than I was in the first place. I wholeheartedly agree with rewarding people in positions of power because it beats bribing them. It is an easier way to play the game. rewards are for heroes and bribes are for scoundrels so let's not mince words here. I am sorry if anybody got the wrong impression from my few and foolish words. It seems people are torn about it. I thought I saw a Turkish guy the other day.

It is duly noted that the multimillionaire police chief has less than a month left in office, limiting the time period in which he can show his appreciation for the work of the officers in his charge. He must by law retire at the end of this month, and the case is unlikely to be solved before then.

It wouldt be nice and shouldt be investigated how a policeofficer can get 1 Mio. out off his own pocket,

and to add to your first paragraph bushmill ,as the reward was paid out of his pwn pocket and his business friends and not police funds why could he not be a good top plod and pay the reward after his retirement ? Or would there be another reason for this display of too much cash too soon ?

'nothing will be done now to reverse this asinine decision or in the future'

'Asinine' one of my favourite words, one of great things about living in Thailand is that I have never had so much opportunity to use it.

I learned a new Word today,....

ASININE : extremely stupid or foolish. "Lydia ignored his asinine remark"

synonyms: stupid, foolish, brainless, mindless, senseless, idiotic, imbecilic, ridiculous, ludicrous, absurd, nonsensical, fatuous, silly, inane, witless, empty-headed;

THX,

Best regards. Off Road Pat.

It is duly noted that the multimillionaire police chief has less than a month left in office, limiting the time period in which he can show his appreciation for the work of the officers in his charge. He must by law retire at the end of this month, and the case is unlikely to be solved before then.

It wouldt be nice and shouldt be investigated how a policeofficer can get 1 Mio. out off his own pocket,

and to add to your first paragraph bushmill ,as the reward was paid out of his pwn pocket and his business friends and not police funds why could he not be a good top plod and pay the reward after his retirement ? Or would there be another reason for this display of too much cash too soon ?

Business friends that want to stay anonymous, ?!?!? how fortunate....!

With all eyes are on the Koh Tao murder trial and the police incompetence therein, this was hardly the correct time to reward anybody in the force. The fact that the arrested parties have not been proven guilty beyond doubt makes it even more inappropriate.

The moral and the compassionate aspects of The Royal Thai Police cashing in as a result of the callous murder of innocent people must also be considered. And Heaven knows what grieving relatives must feel when observing this.

I am afraid this only further tarnishes the country's image In the eyes of the world.

What irks me about this whole shoddy affair—apart from the fact that the landlady who phoned her tip in was sidelined and her tip-off erased from history (after Colonel Winthai Suvaree, spokesman of the NCPO said the NCPO had "expressed its appreciation to the member of the public who offered tip-offs to the officials which were helpful in the investigation")—is that it began as a reward for members of the public for information leading to the arrest of the bomber:

"If citizens or anyone can give us information or clues that leads to the arrest of this man I have set a reward of 1 million baht," Somyot told reporters.

But ended with the reward being given to members of the RTP after the arrest of a (possible) bomber. I mean, how premature could they get?!

When my old neighbor lost his car the police could not help him unil he offered a reward of 20000. Then the culprit was found within 48 hours. And yes they got the right one and my neigbor got his car back .

So I am pretty sure the police did a good job here if they knew they were going to receive 3 mill.

The RTP are unprofessional, and if the current Prime Minister had any balls he would charge the Chief of Police with Les Majeste, the man is an insult to his uniform.

Any civilised nation would remove this man from his position immediatly.

Edited by BoristheBlade

Oh come on you people, a multimillionaire police chief and anonymous rich business men give money to policemen. Nothing to see here move along please.

They probably do, that doesn't mean it's OK.

In fact it's highly undesirable and in Thailand's quest to clean up corruption, collusion etc., there's a good case to say both parties should be charged and punished.

This is so wrong. I've lost hope that Thailand will progress to a 1st world country. When things like this are so blatantly self serving, corrupt and wrong. The culture and country cannot progress with idiots at the top. It's sad, really so sad.

Yet in the first world our politicians award multi-billion dollar, non-bid contracts to corporations that previously employed them and will likely employ them after they leave office. Same same, but different.
A whopping 13 posts before the first inane "things are not better in the West" post!

There are enough ways TH could get closer to being a first-world nation. Corruption just doesn't seem that unique to the LOS. It is annoying the way it's so on the nose though. And I will concede the percentage of good money going in bad pockets is alleged to be significantly higher here.

It was necessary since nobody does anything around here unless offered ridiculous sums.

Thus perpetuating and reinforcing the idea that you can slack off at your public service job until something really big comes along, at which time you'll expect a huge cash payout for doing what you should have been doing all along.

Are they even aware of how the world sees this? What a joke it makes of them?

Unfortunately, nothing will be done now to reverse this asinine decision or in the future to prevent such foolishness.

Is this case even really solved?

There is only a very small percentage of the population here, that take them seriously. Worldwide, anyone who knows anything about Thailand, know full well what an ethically bankrupt, and completely incompetent organization they are. So, in reality, the only ones who might take them seriously are themselves. Maybe. But, I kind of doubt that, since they are faced with looking in the mirror every night.

The fact that they took this reward, reinforces everything negative that we felt about them, prior to this. It was a churlish, childish, greedy, thoughtless decision, so completely lacking in vision, that is boggles the mind to contemplate.

It does seem the police flaunt their unaccountable wealth without batting an eye. If there is really supposed to be a system of reform in place, wouldn't all those obvious breaches be an obvious place to start? But then again, the General is quite (and questionably) loaded, so I guess an ugly can of worms could be opened if such peculiarities were ever investigated. I've heard that the military actually has more access to corruption than the police.

I've heard the same things about the Thai military getting wealthy protecting the drug flow from burma.... Then there's the Thai navy letting corrupt oil tankers in without paying tax... It would be easier to make a list of who isn't corrupt than who is in thailand

About three quarters of Thais in a survey had no problem with corruption.... If they got a bit of the benefits so what do you expect from the people who are in a position of power where they can get even more benefits.... :(

In this case, i am sure many police officers have worked day and night with little sleep and low salary to find the people that have attacked their country. I agree with the reward.

I agree that many police officers probably have worked hard on this case but can you be sure that the ones getting the reward are those officers. Do you think the member of the public who reported the accused to the police should get the reward. Let me rephrase. If you had called the police and told them you had suspicions that the man they are looking for is living in a room you rent out would you be happy for the reward to be paid to the police instead?

It does seem the police flaunt their unaccountable wealth without batting an eye. If there is really supposed to be a system of reform in place, wouldn't all those obvious breaches be an obvious place to start? But then again, the General is quite (and questionably) loaded, so I guess an ugly can of worms could be opened if such peculiarities were ever investigated. I've heard that the military actually has more access to corruption than the police.

I've heard the same things about the Thai military getting wealthy protecting the drug flow from burma.... Then there's the Thai navy letting corrupt oil tankers in without paying tax... It would be easier to make a list of who isn't corrupt than who is in thailand

About three quarters of Thais in a survey had no problem with corruption.... If they got a bit of the benefits so what do you expect from the people who are in a position of power where they can get even more benefits.... sad.png

My Dad told me crime doesn't pay but then he had not visited Thailand.

Every service based organisation I have had to deal with here over the past 8 years has been encumbered with criminal activity.