Scotsman among five arrested in Phuket drugs sweep

webfact

What I don't get is that on islands just off Phuket you can buy marijuana openly in bars. Travellers sit there smoking it. Police come and check these bars to collect tea money, and know full well what goes on.

1.2 grams. Back in the day I'd have put that in one joint. Imagine that, arrested for smoking a plant. What a ridiculous world. I guess news hasn't reached Thailand regarding the latest studies that show cannabis is capable of shrinking tumours and preventing certain cancers.

Backwards is the new Forwards....

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems a bit rough that they would put a farang in cuffs for possessing 1.2 g of grass. In Holland ,if the Scotsman dropped a bag of dope on the street the cops will pick it up and return it to him. Have a nice day!

Why is he cuffed like a criminal but most of the others arent?.............farang mai di !

Theyre not exactly the brightest looking bunch of humans are they?

Which ones , the ones standing or the ones sitting ?

So, what happens if you refuse to point?

Ve have Vays and Means ........of making you point...................coffee1.gif

-------------------------

I am sure while he is in jail he cam earn some Merritt teaching the inmates how to speak a new language:Scottish.

It's a mixture of English and alcohol.

You just have a few drinks and end each sentence with bastard.

I'm Scottish and don't drink alcohol, so what language do I speak?

Obviously a set up, he had probably just bought it, enough for a small splif and then he was

arrested before he could partake. It is not the first time and it will not be the last, poor fella.

They should amend the laws here, foreigners caught indulging in any form of drugs here gets 5 times the normal penalty.......that will 'weed" off the trash coming to thailand to do drugs .

This is totally incorrect. Just another load of Thai bashing by a board, farang. Read about Thailand history and it's war on drugs (c. 2003).or maybe you had better get someone to read it to you.

He's a drug-pushing nazi terrorist.

One day, we will look back and say, "remember when marijuana PLANT was illegal?", and laugh about it.

We never see what's right in front of us. It's only when it's in the past, people will reflect on how stupid humanity is sometimes.

This guy looks like a nice man. Busted for a little bit of herbs. Thai law needs a revamp.

Ve have Vays and Means ........of making you point...................coffee1.gif

-------------------------

I am sure while he is in jail he cam earn some Merritt teaching the inmates how to speak a new language:Scottish.

It's a mixture of English and alcohol.

You just have a few drinks and end each sentence with bastard.

Gibberish...................as in ....."What's ya name Jimmy".............etc.....etc....

1.2 grammes of marijuana!!!!!!!!

Move over Pablo Escobar.

hahaha!!! You beat me to the punch with your comment - I'm watching a series called "Narcos" which is about Escobar and the DEA and was going to post almost identical comments!! What a joke - 1.2 gramms of marijuana, which in a lot of countries (Holand & Portugal for example) is perfectly legal! Say goodbye to your friends and family Mr Blackwood, you're about to embark on a journey that will be at best, no fun.

Gibberish...................as in ....."What's ya name Jimmy".............etc.....etc....

Scottish and don't drink alcohol,....not even a wee dram off...............this.............

post-68696-0-33084600-1441350779_thumb.j

First time I see a farang get busted and handcuffed for a small amount of weed, look like BIB's getting more hostile against farangs now.

Too bad for them when we leave Thailand and find some other Asian country whit friendly people (like Thailand was +20 years ago).

Did any one notice that at least 2 of the Thais, which have been caught for class 1 drug, are not handcuffed while the Scot of course is.

Yes. I guess the Scot is such a dangerous criminal with 1.2gms of marijuana and those with "ice" are not. How could that be? Oh...............now I realise, he is caucasian farang! whistling.gif

Poor guy looks like he could not fight his way out of a wet paper bag coffee1.gif

He gets the headline yet was in possession of only a wisp of marijuana!

Why?

Hmmmm...you have to wonder about the credibility or certainly the mind set and mentality of the newspaper management and their reporters??

I know, I know....... they are just doing their job.

Meantime, the newspaper owners and or the newspaper management and or the reporters should mention and or remind the police (because it is not nice to insist or demand ) by way of saying to the police:

"Small time, party hardy drug users, arrested with minor amounts of personal use drugs are of no interest to our newspaper and or to our reporters, while we having been waiting far too long for the police to bust the real drug dealing criminals and arrest someone with some substance.........so please.....give us some substance"

"We are not going to applaud you and or publicize your supposed police acumen for arresting the nobodies and or small time end users when you know well who are the real perpetrators and profiteers of the illegal recreational use narcotics business in the Phuket area"

Cheers