Muay Thai + Medical Insurance

diginomad

From someone with aches and pains my advice is to take up stamp collecting. On a more serious note I think most insurance companies would look at this as a dangerous sport and if they did cover yu the premium would be high. Also there is the fact that most insurance policies here have limitations of coverage i.e. coverage ceilings. I would not want to get into a serious medical situation here even at your young age. Woo the girls drink beer have fun. If your lucky you will fall in love and never leave. P.S. Stay away from bungee jumping.

Edited by elgordo38

There is no coverage for you in my opinion and research.. Muay Thai whether you fight or not it is consider a " Dangerous Sport " in the fine print.

Plus, Insurance is sold basically Ala Carte in Thailand, You have impatient and outpatients coverage you choose one or both! Outpatients is very expensive many expats for outpatients like myself I just pay out of pocket. Last if you do not plan on fighting why consider insurance. Sure sparring you might get some unlucky if you do pay out of pocket.

From someone with aches and pains my advice is to take up stamp collecting. On a more serious note I think most insurance companies would look at this as a dangerous sport and if they did cover yu the premium would be high. Also there is the fact that most insurance policies here have limitations of coverage i.e. coverage ceilings. I would not want to get into a serious medical situation here even at your young age. Woo the girls drink beer have fun. If your lucky you will fall in love and never leave. P.S. Stay away from bungee jumping.

lol wut? I'm 42

Southern cross is the best one in Australia.

I've claim twice

Food poisoning : receipt and hospital details

Motor bike : hurt my wrist, had to get a police report and they wanted a medical history from my doctor back home.

Stress free and very helpful

I also do Muay Thai where if i was seriously injuried, I was going to claim under a fight on the street. I'm guessing they will need a police report. Shouldn't be hard to get, just make it up!

If you are not living in Thailand but rather coming here for just 3 months then a travel insurance policy with World Nomads opting for the "extreme sports" option (or something like that - you'll see when you go to their webpage) should work.

www.worldnomads.com

I expect a person would need to get special coverage at a special (high) premium. I'm sure Muay Thai would be classified as a "dangerous sport" (and maybe even a planned brawl) and not be covered under a standard medical coverage plan. Like the snapshot below of coverage exception under BUPA Thailand Platinum Medical Coverage Plan. And I expect Thai in Muay Thai don't even worry about medical coverage since they are covered under the government's free 30 baht medical program.

post-55970-0-24864600-1441439455_thumb.j