Hunt on for prime suspect

Lite Beer

On the up side. at least the arrests tell us that the BiB are actually doing something and not just sitting around. It's not an easy job if you want to be sure of a conviction in court. Personally, I'm glad they're taking their time and doing a thorough job.

This ^^^

For the whining brigade, if you can't muster a minimum amount of gratitude for stopping terrorist bombers, at the very least refrain from insulting those that have actually done something to protect the lives of the public, which you are part of.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand.

"....Mieraili's DNA was not identical to that found in a taxicab believed to have provided a ride to the prime suspect on his way to the Erawan Shrine on August 17. It's also not identical to that found on a Bt20 banknote used by this person on that day"

I thought they had him bang to rights on this. The DNA (I would suspect) should have shone through and they would have had a water tight case.

Maybe he was wearing gloves?? Or perhaps their equipment was out of date for calibration?

Or, maybe they shouldn't try so hard to B S the public with these theories........................sad.png

Edited by chrisinth

Did I not also read that yesterday or so, they had determined that some liquid previously believed to be used in making explosives, turned out to be a more likely ingredient for making drugs (meth i presume)?

What a convoluted business, seems it's better to wait about a week after any announcement from the Police, before deciding whether it's worth believeing or not.

I think the drug stuff was in a different apartment which was also rented by the Thai woman who's in Turkey now. Maybe used to finance their operation?

And how, pray tell, can they be so sure the taxi and 20 baht note ARE from the bomber? Both of those are not exactly pristine.... besides wasn't it a week after the fact that taxi driver came forward with his "evidence'? Could be from anyone.....

Anyone? What are the chances you'd get a DNA match of a random note and the arrested guy?

RTP - put the three million Baht back on the table! The whole world is disgusted by a police force that divides a reward amongst themselves while the culprit, who killed more than 20 people and injured over a hundred, has not even been caught.

What a disgraceful and shameful display of disrespect and lack of honor for any other policeman in this world who believes in serving the people for a greater good. Anyone who took a part of the 3m should be released from the police force without pay and stripped of all ranks.

You're right but there is no purpose in being right about stuff like this in the Magic Kingdom. The population is propagandised to the nth degree, the education system has been kept down to stone-age standards and large slices of the population have been kept on subsistence wages to ensure a ready supply of cheap menial labour for the wealthy 1% in Bangkok and elsewhere.

The Magic Kingdom has been treated like a personal ATM machine by a tiny majority at the top for decades, and the Thai people are not aware of it for the same reason that a budgerigar isn't aware it's a budgerigar and not a Golden Eagle. Self-awareness and critical thinking are not what Thais in general are good at, and it's not that way by accident.

Given these circumstances, the police are very likely to be incompetent, dishonest and prone to casting the DNA spell around like confetti on the basis that only non-Thais will know any better, and non-Thais don't count.

It's hard to know how best to deal with it really. Laughing, shaking my head and not taking it too seriously seems to work.

And how, pray tell, can they be so sure the taxi and 20 baht note ARE from the bomber? Both of those are not exactly pristine.... besides wasn't it a week after the fact that taxi driver came forward with his "evidence'? Could be from anyone.....

Anyone? What are the chances you'd get a DNA match of a random note and the arrested guy?

Very small I guess, but not zero.

Very small I guess, but not zero.

Just saw the police has retracted the matching DNA claim.

this whole investigation as a total disaster.!!!!!!!!!!!!! as most of their investigations they are doing ........they were focused just on foreigners to prevent the idea it could be done and bombed by Thais!!!!!!!!!

20 baht notes get around.

Can someone who understands the technical aspects of investigations explain what they are on about with the 20 baht note?

A Tuk-tuk driver came forward saying he saw the suspect, who rode in his Tuk-tuk just before or just after the explosion and paid with a 20bt note, which he happened to remember and save among all the other 20bt notes he had and despite having the obvious confusion and lack of attention following a major terrorist attack nearby to where he just was.

And could he please have the reward?

And now they say it's not a DNA match where what they mean is that no usable DNA came from the note, which anyone with a brain could have told them. Same with the taxi. The suspects could be exactly the guilty people, but the incompetent RTP have no way of proving it so far. Better by ffar to say it's not them because there was no DNA match.

Edited by Jon Wetherall

20 baht notes get around.

Can someone who understands the technical aspects of investigations explain what they are on about with the 20 baht note?

Not sure, but I'll try.

A 20 baht note is exactly one fifth of the financial value of a 100 baht note.

However, technically, if the 100 baht note had been in circulation for the same period of time as the 20 baht and handled by the unknown accused, the percentage possibility of it providing DNA proof would be in the extreme high ninety's or absolute against this ever happening.

Unless the unknown accused had been slobbering or bleeding profusely over said notes for the duration of his journey.

Hope this helps.

tongue.png

A solid, believable motive still eludes me.

Money (trafficking), nationalism (Uighurs), money, religion (Islam). money, take yer pick. In Thailand, the prime motivators are power and face - both purchasable with money, though these probably weren't Thais. No Thai could ever blow up other Thais. Murder yes, extort yes, steal yes, cheat yes. But for some reason they can't blow each other up. Except with M79's of course, they don't count.

The police would have more luck picking flyshit out of pepper wearing boxing gloves on than matching the DNA of someone off a currency note.

This force is more embarrassing than being at the front of the class giving a speech and getting an erection.

Just thinking outside the box for a moment, instead of directing all resources into finding the person who was responsible for planting the bomb(s) would it not be better to find the person who told him to do it? After all, if it was an organized event, 'yellow shirt' was just a foot soldier.

For clarity, i am not suggesting that the authorities are not indeed doing this, this is aimed at the media who seem to have tunnel vision on this individual.

Just sayin'...............wink.png

Well they are getting somewhere and I hope they get the <deleted> soon and lock them up for life, as the death penalty is too good for them.

Your faith in the competence and honesty of the Royal Thai Police is touching.

Perhaps they consulted a "maw duu" or fortune teller. Many high level decisions by the Thai elite are made based on astrological advice. Remember, these are the same people, or their children, who brought us the marvelous GT200 "remote substance detectors." These incredible devices contained no moving parts. Indeed, they contained no parts at all. I can't imagine what "DNA evidence" they think they have that would allow them to identify the actual bomber. I often think the requirement to become a high-ranking officer is deep-seated ignorance of the real world, especially science.

A solid, believable motive still eludes me.

Money (trafficking), nationalism (Uighurs), money, religion (Islam). money, take yer pick. In Thailand, the prime motivators are power and face - both purchasable with money, though these probably weren't Thais. No Thai could ever blow up other Thais. Murder yes, extort yes, steal yes, cheat yes. But for some reason they can't blow each other up. Except with M79's of course, they don't count.

You left out sex as a motive, although I admit I don't see how it would play here.

Just thinking outside the box for a moment, instead of directing all resources into finding the person who was responsible for planting the bomb(s) would it not be better to find the person who told him to do it? After all, if it was an organized event, 'yellow shirt' was just a foot soldier.

For clarity, i am not suggesting that the authorities are not indeed doing this, this is aimed at the media who seem to have tunnel vision on this individual.

That would be chasing after an assumption, wouldn't it?

Who's to tell the actual bomber was not one of the plotters instead of just a foot soldier?

In any case finding the person giving orders would be a lot easier after catching the person taking them, at the very least the later left some evidence behind while the former is a mystery, if even that.

Having said that I read that they are, obviously, going through financial and phone records to map out a possible network.

How are they sure, easy the bomber signed and dated then to make the life of the BIB a bit easier.

So all they have to do now is track him down - that's provided he stayed in Thailand.

Who's to tell the actual bomber was not one of the plotters instead of just a foot soldier?

In any case finding the person giving orders would be a lot easier after catching the person taking them, at the very least the later left some evidence behind while the former is a mystery, if even that.

Having said that I read that they are, obviously, going through financial and phone records to map out a possible network.

Considering the last 10 years political circus I'm not so sure if the intention is to find the mastermind behind the bomb.

Financial and phone records of who? Everybody in the world? Or just the guys they have arrested so far?

Assuming the latter, its quickly becoming obvious the police/Army are barking up the wrong tree. Unless of course they are just looking to pin this on anybody convenient. Witch is a very strong possibility, IMO.

On the up side. at least the arrests tell us that the BiB are actually doing something and not just sitting around. It's not an easy job if you want to be sure of a conviction in court. Personally, I'm glad they're taking their time and doing a thorough job.

"Doing something" - but WHAT exactly????