PM: Rejecting draft charter because it is undemocratic is unfair to the people

Lite Beer

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The essence of democracy is choosing leaders by election - full stop.

Democracy isn't that at all full stop. You usually want to select representation or to be representative when it comes to an election in anything else but a direct democracy.

But hey it was it is too you.

Odd how the only people peddling this line are the people who can't win at the voting game.

Lostoday was quire right in his assessment. But then I guess the people he prefers actually *can* win at the voting game.

Edited by Jon Wetherall

By FAIR and Free election right..... impossible to have one of those things in Thailand where the huge majority of peoples sell their votes for 500bahts... blink.png

A recent survey by students in Khon Khen where peoples in Issan were asked for their views on Abhisit... 76% of those same people asked did not know who Abhisit is.. clap2.gif

By FAIR and Free election right..... impossible to have one of those things in Thailand where the huge majority of peoples sell their votes for 500bahts... blink.png

A recent survey by students in Khon Khen where peoples in Issan were asked for their views on Abhisit... 76% of those same people asked did not know who Abhisit is.. clap2.gif

With respect my friend, if you think that votes are sold for 500 baht and that the sellers actually vote accordingly. you either don't know very much about Thais or you think they're more stupid than they are.

The howling about 'vote-buying' - particularly as a justification for illegal coups, has been exposed as nonsense too many times to take it seriously.

If I were Abhisit, I would be screaming in pain to be held so irrelevant. If I were one of the power-brokers behind the Dems, I would be looking for some other pretty boy to front the frauds I was trying to sell.

And that has worked an absolute treat in the past.

No, but it is fair,. What would be your solution ? One doddering general with absolute power ?

Have you switched this topic to Russian politics or perhaps historical references to USA

The point I was making was not whether it worked but what it is called or what it is.

Democracy may not work in Thailand but one can't call a dictatorship a democracy and be correct.

Thailand may want a government like China; OK.

Thailand may want a government like Japan; OK.

China is not a democracy. The essence of Chinese government is the Communist party telling everyone what to do.

Japan has elected representatives that tell everyone what to do.

My opinion would be that; you can't fool all of the people all of the time.

No, but it is fair,. What would be your solution ? One doddering general with absolute power ?

Have you switched this topic to Russian politics or perhaps historical references to USA

Huh??

No. The essence of democracy is everyone having an equal say in how things are run. Since we don't all have time to be at government meetings every day, we elect people to represent us at those meetings. When those people do not act in our interest i.e. amnesty vite where even Pheu Thai supporters were against it, but their elected ''representatives''passed it anyway, it shows us the flaws of thinking that elections = democracy.

BTW I don't believe there truly is a single true democratic country in the world.

Democracy is when the indigent, and not the men of property, are the rulers. - Aristotle

In my other life as an Assistant Inspector General for the US Defense Department,I had on numerous accusations dealt with high ranking General officers. I just wonder how this man could ever have been a General officer as his mental attitude is quite lacking in all respects.

Money and patronage. One particular friend in a very high place.

Edited by JAG

Edit:

In my other life as an Assistant Inspector General for the US Defense Department,I had on numerous occasions dealt with high ranking General officers.

I just wonder how this man could ever have been a General officer as his mental attitude is quite lacking in all respects.

Sorry for the earlier mistake!gigglem.gif

I remember that the current PM mentioned that he was not a politician and never had the intention to become one. After being in the armed forces for decades it is difficult to adjust to principals we regard as democratic. No army on this planet is run on democratic rules but on orders issued and the fact that lower ranks execute these orders. For a military man with decades of service years and moving into politics it will be difficult to come to terms with the fact that the rules of the armed forces cannot be applied to a nation and all her people.

Edit:

In my other life as an Assistant Inspector General for the US Defense Department,I had on numerous occasions dealt with high ranking General officers.

I just wonder how this man could ever have been a General officer as his mental attitude is quite lacking in all respects.

I remember that the current PM mentioned that he was not a politician and never had the intention to become one. After being in the armed forces for decades it is difficult to adjust to principals we regard as democratic. No army on this planet is run on democratic rules but on orders issued and the fact that lower ranks execute these orders. For a military man with decades of service years and moving into politics it will be difficult to come to terms with the fact that the rules of the armed forces cannot be applied to a nation and all her people.

In democratic countries the military answers to elected officials.

This cr@p he spouts, on his state tv show with all this 'stronger together' mantra really is quite worrying to look at.

Thailand, Diet North Korea.

Indeed. Is it my imagination or are the propaganda broadcasts getting more frequent? I thought I saw that clown Winthai at least twice yesterday and the clown-in-chief was definitely on twice.

Must really be panicking, I mean in serious headless-chicken-mode.

Edit:

If the head of the armed forces of any nation, does not have the foresight and mental aptitude to be able to adjust their style to new settings, then i would surmise that they are probably dangerously mentally ill-equipped to be in a position of head of a national army as well.

Edit:

If the head of the armed forces of any nation, does not have the foresight and mental aptitude to be able to adjust their style to new settings, then i would surmise that they are probably dangerously mentally ill-equipped to be in a position of head of a national army as well.

Dwight D. Eisenhower, Charles De Gaulle, Winston Churchill.

"He also suggested the NRC members to look at the entire draft charter and not just some controversial provisions."

Unfortunately its those nasty controversial provisions that ruin this latest attempt to rewrite the charter.

One cannot eat the cake when there is a cockroach in it.

"The essence of democracy means that the people will stand to benefit and the people are the core centre and not the politicians, said the prime minister in his weekly Returning Happiness to the People programme Friday night."

Okay, certainly the people should be at the core centre and not the army.

And i see the reds are not allowed to voice their opinion of the charter, very democratic.

I think this bloke might have some sort of autism. He talks as though he is experiencing an out of body experience and has real difficulty with moral and legal right and wrong. He's cuckoo

You are too observant. The first time I saw him speaking on tv, I thought, "There is something wrong with this guy."

His "affect" is off...and autism is a decent guess. Also, his eye movements are classic for "dissembling".

Love this armchair psychology. :-)

For crying out loud! How many, well researched reports, many of them by prestigious firms, do you have to see that have clearly stated that "vote buying" has absolutely ZERO effect on elections, before it finally gets through your head?

Even Korn, one of the few Dems I have any respect for, stated in a televised interview that vote buying had no effect, adding the the Dem Party spent MORE than PTP in the last election, and they still lost.

Give up on the "vote buying" line, because no one with a lick of common sense believes that b.s. any more.