Gang Fighting

Rajah

Has anybody witnessed a fight between gangs? I always read in the newspaper about it, but I never really believed it - until I saw it with my own eyes. Not in Bangkok, as everybody would thing, but in a rural area in Isan, in Poo Kieaw, a small village near Chaiyapum. It was last New Year's Eve.

One gang (black shirts) was fighting against another (no shirts). A black shirt guy first tried to shoot one member of the non shirts. The shot failed. After that, two or three guys went with machetes after the non shirts. It was like a scene from Lord of the Rings, when they drew their swords! The non shirts were wounded, but could escape. They had to leave two of their motorcylces. The black shirts now executed (there is no other word) the two bikes. Hit them with their machetes, with other weapons and finally, set them on fire.

I tell you what: If you see something like that on TV it is one thing, but if a gun is fired at point blank - about ten meters from my point of view - that is a different story!

Edited by Rajah

Has anybody witnessed a fight between gangs? I always read in the newspaper about it, but I never really believed it - until I saw it with my own eyes. Not in Bangkok, as everybody would thing, but in a rural area in Isan, in Poo Kieaw, a small village near Chaiyapum. It was last New Year's Eve.

One gang (black shirts) was fighting against another (no shirts). A black shirt guy first tried to shoot one member of the non shirts. The shot failed. After that, two or three guys went with machetes after the non shirts. It was like a scene from Lord of the Rings, when they drew their swords! The non shirts were wounded, but could escape. They had to leave two of their motorcylces. The black shirts now executed (there is no other word) the two bikes. Hit them with their machetes, with other weapons and finally, set them on fire.

I tell you what: If you see something like that on TV it is one thing, but if a gun is fired at point blank - about ten meters from my point of view - that is a different story!

never seen one but we got a few gangs here in perth, ( bikers )

some time it erupts into out right war but its a bit entertaining as its always between rival bikers and the public are rarely involved. :D

they like to stab and shoot each other. :D

not a problem unless your a doorman at a pub and just happen to upset them.

then is frigging outright dangerous and we've had a few cases of doorman ending up in hospital or worse. :D

cheers :o

never seen one but we got a few gangs here in perth, ( bikers )

some time it erupts into out right war but its a bit entertaining as its always between rival bikers and the public are rarely involved. :D

they like to stab and shoot each other. :D

not a problem unless your a doorman at a pub and just happen to upset them.

then is frigging outright dangerous and we've had a few cases of doorman ending up in hospital or worse. :D

cheers :o

Yep, there is Gang warfare in Isaan for sure, but in general, non gang members are never bothered.

It can get very violent and bloody, guns and swords etc.

Can confirm yep there is gang warfare, we had our telephone kiosk smashed in the village from gang warfare, TOT removed it recently because vilage not repair it.

As for the Doorman side, yes I been in that job and been in some pretty tight situations myself and got the scars.

But then before that in the Police dealt with many gang scenarios to many to mention.

Its been going on for years, and its down to changing society and human behaviour, ie lack of parental control, and discipline. drink and drugs.

macb

About four years back I witnessed a mass fight between two rival gangs right outside the Royal Garden Plaza in Pattaya (beach road side) - Bloody big knives, wooden staves and a lot of gore.

Such fighting is common place throughout Thailand and there are often reports of inter gang fights between college students around the country.