How to find a Thai Girlfriend and just random questions

Phunkism

*Typing on phone forgive me lol*

What is a good way to go about finding a Thai GF? I just recently moved too Chiang Mai and im having a very difficult time communicating with the locals.

Not really sure how to go about this as im a VERY SHY person and i feel like a idiot everytime i open my mouth. I don't drink/smoke so the bar scene is out for me.

Im 27 years old but i have been told ALOT that i could still pass as a 21 year old(might be the way i dress even though i just wear plain ts/skinny jeans). Im about 5'10 and 155 pounds. Korean descent. I tried Thaifriendly and have about 3 dates set up but honestly im not really that interested(physically atttracted) too them. Tried Tinder and got only 1 match after swiping through everyone(disappointed). Should i just randomly hit on girls in public places? Any ideas?? Not really a confident guy in general but very picky with girls(kinda stupid right?). Don't really want to date backpackers or anything of that nature also.

<removed>

What's the deal with Thai men staring me down? I been getting this alot and its uneasing.

Alot of people keep looking at my feet also whats the deal with that(Wearing Nikes)?

Alsoooo where too find friends? Getting bored going around everywhere by myself.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're 27 years old....if you have to ask on a forum how to meet a Thai woman....well ....you had better look forward to staying single

Thx you :) What a nice welcome.

Like i said im a very shy guy but i didn't have problems getting girlfriends in the states but ill admit it was in pathetic ways they usually would come talk too me.

At your age is easy to learn languages, and you will find nice people in Thai and English schools, and the best places to find nice young people is around universities, Neeman and Doi Suket areas for the Chiang Mai University and Quansim area for the Rajabhat University. Also, In those areas housing for young people is more affordable than in tourist areas.

Are you shy?..but American?....Not a problem..just approach any girl you like, and use your English to ask for directions. probably you will start a nice conversation...and ask to share a coffee or meal place...or...get info for a date. If people do not pay attention to you..it is because you do look like average Thai guy..but..you are American! Thai girls like foreigners.

Edited by umbanda

At your age is easy to learn languages, and you will find nice people in Thai and English schools, and the best places to find nice young people is around universities, Neeman and Doi Suket areas for the Chiang Mai University and Quansim area for the Rajabhat University. Also, In those areas housing for young people is more affordable than in tourist areas.

Are you shy?..but American?....Not a problem..just approach any girl you like, and use your English to ask for directions. probably you will start a nice conversation...and ask to share a coffee or meal place...or...get info for a date. If people do not pay attention to you..it is because you do look like average Thai guy..but..you are American!

Thanks i might give that a try since i was planning going to one of the university to enroll in a Thai class.

Yes, im shy and yes i was born & raised in California. Interesting that you say i look like a Thai as most people think im chinese/korean or that's what i been told since i been here from the locals.

Staring probably due to people trying to figure out if you are Thai or not. Wouldn't let that phase you.

Like others have already suggested, would check out universities. Maybe parlay that into Thai lessons in exchange for English lessons. Acquiring language skills will probably help in the shyness department too.

Tell people you're in a K-Pop boy band. smile.png The fad might be fading a bit, but last couple of years K-Pop hugely popular here.

Good luck!

I think you need to be around people your age learning English , but then you are not going to be around Thais !

It is good to also learn Thai ,

see if you can find a way to give free english lessons or Korean is even better ,

As someone else said the best way to get a Thai girl is to make her laugh , its OK if she laughs at you , be Mr Bean , be silly and over the top, just be a goon sometimes ,

wear a Korean flag hat or USA flag hat or T shirt , and change back and forth , the people that see you everyday will figure it out.....

and play the Kpop angle , have a playlist on your phone and when you are sitting down play it loud enough to hear but not too loud to bother people who do not want to listen.

and you do not have to drink or smoke to go to bars , just drink water , Orange juice etc

I wish I was 27 single and in Thailand ,

Good luck , just have fun , smile and be fun to be around.....

Edited by BKKdreaming

Thai girls love Koreans, they also love Americans, so you have double advantages to most of us.

You can go to bars and have a soft drink. Asking directions, like someone mentioned, is another way. Dress well, and get yourself out there. Make friends with fellow Americans and double up, and the shyness should ebb away.

Smile a lot, I mean smile all the time and when a girl smiles back just say Hi I'm name. I know many Korean guys and if it was not for them having money they would also never have a woman because they never smile. Don't be too serious when you meet someone, be friendly and Smile !

first you need MONEY,followed by BRAINS,if your that shy dont worry if you have the first one you will soon get the message.

if by chance you dont have either get a blow up doll.

Money yes, brains? Thai girls seriously lack in the brain department, none of them can hold an intellectual conversation. Ive dated nurses, bank auditor, flight attendant just to name a few, none of them struck me as having above average intelligence The last thing you need to get poon in this country is brains.

I am Turkish, I look awful a lot like the bomber that was apprehended last week, even I got 25 matches in one day last time I was in CM :D

Seriously I dont know whats wrong with your tinder, Thailand is the easiest place to score girls from Tinder after Philippines. Maybe you should work on your photos a little bit

If you are shy you're gonna have a tough time here cause normal girls will never approach you in Thailand, if some girl approaches you there is a very high chance she is a pro. Best medium for you is ThaiFriendly, continue lining up dates with girls from TF

I am Turkish, I look awful a lot like the bomber that was apprehended last week, even I got 25 matches in one day last time I was in CM biggrin.png

Seriously I dont know whats wrong with your tinder, Thailand is the easiest place to score girls from Tinder after Philippines. Maybe you should work on your photos a little bit

What kind of girl are you swiping right on? Im avoiding all foreigners and focusing on thai girls. Im very picky and too be honest im not that attracted too the majority of the girls on Tinder and i only had 1 match. Guess im just ugly. Whatever.

If you are shy you're gonna have a tough time here cause normal girls will never approach you in Thailand, if some girl approaches you there is a very high chance she is a pro. Best medium for you is ThaiFriendly, continue lining up dates with girls from TF

Sigh thats like anywhere in the world. Im using Thaifriendly, but the pool of girls are very limited.

Best advice has already been mentioned….SMILE….in a non creepy way…..you get what you give.

Id avoid singles apps…full of hookers or girls trying to con farangs

Its cringe worthy when i try... I have a fugly ass smile too begin with lol. I actually tried today but the girl just blankly stared back at me..

I honestly think now ppl might think im Thai.... because i was talking too this guy at the golf course and soon as i mentioned i was Korean/American the girls around started looking at me and giggling alot. *shrugs*

I am Turkish, I look awful a lot like the bomber that was apprehended last week, even I got 25 matches in one day last time I was in CM biggrin.png

What kind of girl are you swiping right on? Im avoiding all foreigners and focusing on thai girls. Im very picky and too be honest im not that attracted too the majority of the girls on Tinder and i only had 1 match. Guess im just ugly. Whatever.

Sigh thats like anywhere in the world. Im using Thaifriendly, but the pool of girls are very limited.

Best advice has already been mentioned….SMILE….in a non creepy way…..you get what you give.

Id avoid singles apps…full of hookers or girls trying to con farangs

Its cringe worthy when i try... I have a fugly ass smile too begin with lol. I actually tried today but the girl just blankly stared back at me..

I honestly think now ppl might think im Thai.... because i was talking too this guy at the golf course and soon as i mentioned i was Korean/American the girls around started looking at me and giggling alot. *shrugs*

On tinder I was actually targetting foreigners because I got tired of thai girls, but majority of my matches were thais. You are not ugly its just that thai girls are after european/middle eastern looking guys. You should target white girls, you'll have a better chance with them since you're asian. I am shy like you too, I arranged nearly all my dates through online gaming. But I'm not looking for a gf tho, instead im looking for an easy lay so we have our priorities different. I'm not picky because I'm after one thing, but I swipe left to all girls below 6.

BTW your pics are not good but you're def not ugly. You should have a pic showing your full body, you're tall for an asian and thats your biggest strenght , for thai girls height is VERY VERY important they're very superficial about that. A tall korean guy would kill it here, koreans are held in very high regard here. Mention on your tinder profile that you're 182cm.

Edited by Lukecan

OP, I suggest you find and read this book. It's available on Amazon. You are the right age and have the looks, but you say no confidence.

In the book you will learn the importance of TRA (The Right Attitude) and many other things. Good luck. Oh, and BTW, you don't have to be over 35 to benefit.

book-HTDYW1-front%20S.jpg