Queen Elizabeth II set to become longest reigning UK monarch

webfact

Ironic you cannot discuss Thailand's Monarchy, yet People can talk bad about the British Queen,

She cost Nothing She brings Millions of £s into the Country by way of tourists and Business and Investments,

Yes I find this aspect of Thai Visa forum extremely nauseating indeed.

What you are confusing is the Queen and the institution. I think there is no doubt that this particular Queen has done a good job but what most people object to is the institution. I think the idea of an hereditary system choosing the head of state in the 21st century is somewhat out of date. No matter how bad they are unless they go bonkers you cannot remove them and you have to pay for their successor even though they are not in the job. Now with politicians we can get rid of them

Jaunty words, yet I've done my research - have you? smile.png

Yes probably as much as you and come to the opposite conclusion.

Interesting - so what is it about the prospect of President Blair that you feel the UK missed out on the most?

Would you like a list of monarchs that we didn't miss out on and that would make Blair's tenure as a president seem like a Sunday school outing. We get to kick out the likes of Blair no such luck with a monarch.