Global financial meltdown/other crisis - do you want to be in Thailand?

hermespan

Donot know what a prepper is so cannot answer that one.

When will this global meltdown happen?

I can imagine a zombie holocaust of breakdown in society and infrastructure, but doesnot mean it will happen or I should be concerned about it.

So what exactly are you trying to say?

[Global financial meltdown/other crisis - do you want to be in Thailand? Or return to your home country? Why? Imagine a zombie holocaust of breakdown in society and infrastructure. Do you want to be a prepper in Utah/Oz or Thailand? If so, where?]

I want to be right here with you as my personal advisor. coffee1.gif

Edited by SheungWan

IMHO Thailand is one of the best places to be if the s hits the fan. My family and I are prepared and can live self sufficient if the grid cracks, EMP hits, tourism goes belly up, or even if civil war breaks out. My wife grew up in the jungle, with her family living on bare essentials, dad hunting and building traps, building their life up from scratch. In an extreme situation where we would have to survive in the jungle, she most likely will be able to teach me more than what I could ever teach her. In any case - Thailand is a top country to sit out what is coming, because there's no winter and there's food all over the place, fresh water, etc.

I find it very alarming that most people are so ignorant to the fact that society as we know it may come to an end at any given moment, especially in times like this. Look at what happens to Europe right now. What they do to Germany is geopolitical warfare! The tsunami of immigrants will destroy Europe from within. Sweden is now the rape capital of the world and has bypassed India with a 4 times higher rate of rapes, after massive immigration. The US is in an alarming condition, as are China, Japan, you name it... Wall Street is waiting for the next bubble to burst, most likely this month it will happen...

No light at the end of the tunnel, and then you get replies to your question here that just say "yawn"... Says a lot about how brainwashed, lazy and superficial most people have become. Thinking for yourself and outside the box is not chique these days, because most know that something big (and negative) is coming, but they prefer to stick their heads into the sand until it is too late.

Almost forgot - big cities and islands, like Phuket are not a good idea in case of a meltdown because of logistics, violence, water and food shortage, plus would you be in a concrete desert where nothing grows, except anger and desperation once people start dying of thirst or hunger.

Edited by Shermanator

IMHO Thailand is one of the best places to be if the s hits the fan. My family and I are prepared and can live self sufficient if the grid cracks, EMP hits, tourism goes belly up, or even if civil war breaks out. My wife grew up in the jungle, with her family living on bare essentials, dad hunting and building traps, building their life up from scratch. In an extreme situation where we would have to survive in the jungle, she most likely will be able to teach me more than what I could ever teach her. In any case - Thailand is a top country to sit out what is coming, because there's no winter and there's food all over the place, fresh water, etc.

I find it very alarming that most people are so ignorant to the fact that society as we know it may come to an end at any given moment, especially in times like this. Look at what happens to Europe right now. What they do to Germany is geopolitical warfare! The tsunami of immigrants will destroy Europe from within. Sweden is now the rape capital of the world and has bypassed India with a 4 times higher rate of rapes, after massive immigration. The US is in an alarming condition, as are China, Japan, you name it... Wall Street is waiting for the next bubble to burst, most likely this month it will happen...

No light at the end of the tunnel, and then you get replies to your question here that just say "yawn"... Says a lot about how brainwashed, lazy and superficial most people have become. Thinking for yourself and outside the box is not chique these days, because most know that something big (and negative) is coming, but they prefer to stick their heads into the sand until it is too late.

Almost forgot - big cities and islands, like Phuket are not a good idea in case of a meltdown because of logistics, violence, water and food shortage, plus would you be in a concrete desert where nothing grows, except anger and desperation once people start dying of thirst or hunger.

Out standing post my friend. You hit it spot on. This is one of the reasons ( not the only one ) why I escaped americka before it was too late. I also have a wonderful wife and family around me and we teach each other. It is a symbiotic relationship. We will survive everything you spoke of. These negative comments are the shills that don't know squat about geopolitics and are going to whine like little babies when the s@#t hits the fan. Don't even give these morons the time of day. They are the 80% of the world population that should be recycled to live out their KARMA till they get it right. As for you barstool bums just keep on doing what your doing. As the world governments keep pounding into your brain ( mind control through media and advertising ) everything will be OK. Dream on fools.

Kudos to you Bro.

Out standing post my friend. You hit it spot on. This is one of the reasons ( not the only one ) why I escaped americka before it was too late. I also have a wonderful wife and family around me and we teach each other. It is a symbiotic relationship. We will survive everything you spoke of. These negative comments are the shills that don't know squat about geopolitics and are going to whine like little babies when the s@#t hits the fan. Don't even give these morons the time of day. They are the 80% of the world population that should be recycled to live out their KARMA till they get it right. As for you barstool bums just keep on doing what your doing. As the world governments keep pounding into your brain ( mind control through media and advertising ) everything will be OK. Dream on fools.

Kudos to you Bro.

On your wavelength but if 'they' refuse to extend your visa [or whatever basis you stay here] what then?

I can imagine a zombie holocaust of breakdown in society and infrastructure, but doesnot mean it will happen or I should be concerned about it.

So many posters either can't write above third-grade level 8 years old) or somehow think it's clever to write in riddles to a readership of about 3 people. I don't know what a prepped is either, and what on earth a zombie holocaust has to do with the reality of possible Great Recessions or Depressions. Every thread has one or two incoherent posts. Whaddayagonnado.

I mean what is there to fear ? Let see:

1. Our elected governments spy illegally on its citizens under the cover of the war on terror. At present they can predict with a 93% accuracy what you will do in the next hour. For some this is reassuring, others don't care, but for me it is scary and a warning that all is not well.

2. Most western countries have approved bail in laws. If there is a bank failure like we had in 2007/08 the governments will not bail out these banks but will use the Cyprus model to steal depositors money to cover the bank failures. In the US there are +- $ 19 TN that's supposed to be cover by the Feds, the problem is however that there is only $ 50 bn to $ 60 bn in reserve to do that. So just maybe the ATM's may not work if the s...t hits the fan and maybe the banks close down like they did in Cyprus and Greece. And yes I know the US is not Greece but I do know that Japan have a debt to GDP ratio of 250% which is much higher than that of Greece and if Japan folds the world economy folds. And printing money will not save the world economy for ever, printing money does not grow the real economy/production economy, it only grows virtual assets like shares and bonds.

3. With US labor participation rate at 4 decade lows and Europe struggling to survive there are a growing polarization between rich and poor.

4. World trade is in a downward spiral. China has been the production center of the world over the last decades and their exports are falling. But in western media they are blamed for the world economic slowdown. Logic would have it that if the Chinese exports are falling the rest of the worlds imports have to slow first, thus the importers are to blame for the slowdown. Then we have the case of the US claiming that the Chinese are spying on them, them we know that all countries spy on each other. The open aggression towards China is building up. This coupled with the Russian virus that's been let loose in western countries we are being lined up for the next big war. The present world rulers (not politicians) will not go out without a bang and are prepared to take everyone down with them.

So we have nothing to fear

Edited by SOUTHERNSTAR

So many posters either can't write above third-grade level (8 years old) or somehow think it's clever to write in riddles to a readership of about 3 people. I didn't know what a prepped was either until I read the rest of the posts only to discover they're your garden variety paranoid schizophrenic survivalist gun nuts. And what on earth a zombie holocaust has to do with the reality of possible Great Recessions or Depressions is beyond me

Kudos to you Bro.

On your wavelength but if 'they' refuse to extend your visa [or whatever basis you stay here] what then?

I feel at this point I have prepared for that. I have set aside $ for my stay till the end here. Not in a bank. Don't trust 1 bank in the whole world. I am working this out and going through all the scenarios.

I didn't know what a prepper was either until I read the other posts by a bunch of poorly educated, paranoid-schizophrenic survivalist gun nuts who have the temerity to lecture the rest of us on world affairs. And what a Zombie apocalypse has to do with any real potential economic collapse can, I think, only be found in the mind of a lickspittle computer-game junkie.

Like your answer. There are a lot of people who have their head where did you say sand hmm OK. I am to old to run so I would make a stand here. People are in denial when they look at the world today but the signs are all there you just have to connect the dots. I only worry about my loved ones g/f daughter, granddaughter and so on. We have left our loved ones a sad legacy and have taught them only greed, coveting and a desire for instant riches the days of working hard for something are gone. The government keeps us hooked with plenty of cheap easy money and like true junkies we keep injecting/absorbing it. We are hooked and there is no cure.

I find it very alarming that most people are so ignorant to the fact that society as we know it may come to an end at any given moment, especially in times like this.

In the simplest of terms...a prepper is one who prepares himself and his loved ones to have basic survival needs: food, water, shelter, some form of protection from those who have not prepared and are desperate to raid his stores, a generator, and drugs which are necessary for survival...

The world is economically and politically in the worst shape in history...if you do not keep up with the news you should start now...

There is no integrity, little leadership, massive greed at the top of the food chain, and human misery is epidemic in many parts of the world...

I am a realist...the world has never known a time like this...there is no superman that can come to save the day...

A prudent man hopes for the best...prepares for the worst..thus he is a prepper.

In case of an apocalypse, in our modern and globalized world it would be nowhere nice and safe to be. Nervona, you could use your dollars as toilet paper, and Shermanator, self-suffiziency is a good thing, but don't forget, in such a desaster scenario there would be thousends of people running trough the woods in desperate search for food and clean water.

'how brainwashed, lazy and superficial most people have become'. Yo! Whassup! That's how we like it down Soi Buakaow way. Endless girls and Mad Max on a permanent loop. Chique in and out the box Bro!

yeah, HOPE is highly overrated, the lowest of emotions. I suspect that those people thought that the world was coming to an end when Vesuvio acted up; or when the Mongolian hordes raced through their villages, sacking, looting and raping. Overpopulation is driving the planet to certain destruction. But the elitists still have more to do, extracting yet more real equity from the Proles. A likely scenario that would really shake things up is an EMP going off above Kansas, U.S.A. As I understand it, the crucial electronics that control almost all the data centers exist in non-hardened devices. In the 20th cent. billions of people were removed from the land and herded into cities, thereby uncoupling food supplies from burgeoning population centers. If/When the digital infrastructure is rendered inoperative by virtue of a nuclear device that melts every integrated circuit, who are you going to call-Bill Gates?.If society collapses. for ex. in the U.S., how long would it be before those desperate and starving folks find your 'prepped' stash and kill you for that last jar of peanut butter? But there still could be a Hollywood ending to all this, IF that small commune up there in Montana finds a way to reboot the new civilization...LOL.

yeah, HOPE is highly overrated, the lowest of emotions. I suspect that those people thought that the world was coming to an end when Vesuvio acted up; or when the Mongolian hordes raced through their villages, sacking, looting and raping. Overpopulation is driving the planet to certain destruction. But the elitists still have more to do, extracting yet more real equity from the Proles. A likely scenario that would really shake things up is an EMP going off above Kansas, U.S.A. As I understand it, the crucial electronics that control almost all the data centers exist in non-hardened devices. In the 20th cent. billions of people were removed from the land and herded into cities, thereby uncoupling food supplies from burgeoning population centers. If/When the digital infrastructure is rendered inoperative by virtue of a nuclear device that melts every integrated circuit, who are you going to call-Bill Gates?.If society collapses. for ex. in the U.S., how long would it be before those desperate and starving folks find your 'prepped' stash and kill you for that last jar of peanut butter? But there still could be a Hollywood ending to all this, IF that small commune up there in Montana finds a way to reboot the new civilization...LOL.

Yes yes understand all this but at what point do Zombies arrive ?