Making International calls on cell phone (1 2 call)

sunoco27

Oh, I stand corrected- so outgoing calls to other countries from Thailand are working. That's worth a look.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Incoming calls too, it's just that people calling you will dial a US number rather than a Thai number. This is especially useful when dealing with US financial institutions because unless you tell them otherwise they will think that you are in the US.

That aspect of google voice is a lot harder to set up.. You need a USA based google account which is non trivial to establish.

I wish they would implement google voice globally, even if I have to pay for it. I need to set up some inbound calling numbers through Europe and would love to keep it all in google.

Perphaps non-trivial but once setup it makes Skype, Vonage, Magic Jack, etc as relevent as Lotus 123.

Maybe I am missing something.. But are you saying you have been able to set up multiple inbound numbers ?? or even any inbound numbers at all from any other country than the USA ??

While skype can offer DID inbounds I am looking at a small company situation where I would have staff handling lines and a line in each country we would be marketing within.. I was looking at vonage and some SIP Phone voip services as they seem more flexible in hardware options but have not set anything up yet.

If google voice can offer inbound lines in European capitals that would be much better.

Incoming calls too, it's just that people calling you will dial a US number rather than a Thai number. This is especially useful when dealing with US financial institutions because unless you tell them otherwise they will think that you are in the US.

That aspect of google voice is a lot harder to set up.. You need a USA based google account which is non trivial to establish.

I wish they would implement google voice globally, even if I have to pay for it. I need to set up some inbound calling numbers through Europe and would love to keep it all in google.

Perphaps non-trivial but once setup it makes Skype, Vonage, Magic Jack, etc as relevent as Lotus 123.

Maybe I am missing something.. But are you saying you have been able to set up multiple inbound numbers ?? or even any inbound numbers at all from any other country than the USA ??

While skype can offer DID inbounds I am looking at a small company situation where I would have staff handling lines and a line in each country we would be marketing within.. I was looking at vonage and some SIP Phone voip services as they seem more flexible in hardware options but have not set anything up yet.

If google voice can offer inbound lines in European capitals that would be much better.

I wasn't intending to refer to using multiple incoming numbers but I think that option might be available on Skype. I don't recall seeing that option in Google Voice but maybe it could be done by signing up for multiple accounts and setting it up so that incoming calls on your secondary numbers are forwarded to your main number. As for incoming numbers for countries other than the US, Skype offers incoming numbers for about 20 countries but you might have to trick them into giving you an incoming number in a country in which you are not resident. I'm not aware of google offering incoming numbers for countries other than the US.

Edited by suzannegoh

I went back to Skype after several years using DeeDial or just Detac with the 006 method.

It sucks to not have a credit card but that can be resolved with advice from others.

Skype costs me $2.99 a month on a recurring recharge basis. That's unlimited for ALL calls to USA and Canada.

Calls are pretty clear but degrade after 30 minutes or so sometimes.

Skype provides a tone for voice menus.

Good luck..