New Passport and visa transfer

My local office is Jomtien. Next year I will be renewing my Canadian passport at the Canadian Embassy in Bangkok. Then I will have a passport with no stamps in it - no arrival stamp for example. Will there be a problem transferring my retirement extension visa to the new passport?

I had a new passport with my non O in my old passport, I carried both with me and went in and out about 20 times from swampy and it was never questioned.

That is because you had a visa. Visas are not transferred which means you have use both passports until the visa expires.

Only extensions of stay are transferred.

But please do make sure that the Canadian Embassy provide you with your new passport a letter basically confirming its validity and non-validity of the old one. Although Jomtien do not normally require such a letter as a prerequisite to effecting the necessary stamps transfer according to recent reports on here, you might, of course, have the misfortune to encounter a rogue officer who had got out of bed the wrong side that particular morning and insisted on this letter!