Pattaya Beaches empty, following Jet Ski Crackdown

webfact

Pattaya Beaches empty, following Jet Ski Crackdown

beach-2.jpg?resize=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- Following the recent Jet Ski Crackdown led by the Crime Suppression Police from Bangkok last week, Beaches in Pattaya are reportedly empty and the Jet Ski Operators are nowhere to be seen.

It is thought that the majority of Jet Ski Operators have decided to stay away from Pattaya Beaches for now until the crackdown finishes and other workers who make their living from beachgoers report low numbers over the weekend.

We checked Pattaya Beach and the Bali Hai Port and both areas on Saturday afternoon, which would normally feature hundreds of foreign and domestic tourists, were very quiet as even some boat operators have decided to stay away for a while until the crackdown stops.

At Pattaya Police Station, the Criminal Investigation Department reported no Jet Ski disputes on Saturday which they claim is unheard of. They mentioned that most cases that did reach Pattaya Police Station were hard to resolve and Police would refer most cases to the Court.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/217910/pattaya-beaches-empty-following-jet-ski-crackdown/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-09-14

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets hope it picks up otherwise many hard working Thais and expats are going to lose their shirts , Government you need to fix the problems that affect tourism

Hard working, honest Thais have nothing to fear and nothing to lose, how expats are going to lose business here

that I don't understand.....

Wow... No jet Skis, how will Pattaya manage ? Hahaha.... Good riddance !

The operators left probably thinking, "we will show you Police, try to tell us how to run our business bla bla bla....."

They might actually think people really care but it is the best news Pattaya and Thailand has had for years.

Hope they never return !!!

the weather may have had more to do with it, nothing to do with the absence of scam thugs - good riddence

also - until the crack down is over ? so they think if they stay away they can avoid being arrested then return in a week or so unabated - I hope they got this completely wrong

So people only go to Pattaya beach to go on the jet ski,what useless reporting.

Noo, you you are missing the point! The beach goers only go to get scammed. With no scamming about, they go somewhere else looking for a scam to get fleeced!

So Pattaya police receive daily reports of Jet-ski Scams - but only take notice when, for a few days, there are no such reports.

Plus : "They mentioned that most cases that did reach Pattaya Police Station were hard to resolve and Police would refer most cases to the Court."

We all know that the legal process via Courts in Thailand can take months or even longer - what hope does a Tourist on a few weeks holiday have to get his case resolved if the Police simply pass it up to the Courts and do nothing immediate themselves?

Patrick

So people only go to Pattaya beach to go on the jet ski,what useless reporting.

I agree, the headline seems to suggest that tourists are staying away due to the absence of Jet-Skis, which is ridiculous.

I guess rainy weather in Bangkok had more to do with it, there was still plenty of traffic on Sukhumvit so the beaches to the South are maybe more popular with Thais now.

The Jetski guys will just stay away for a spell and then squirm back into town at a later date. Or they are in Jomtiem already.

So Pattaya police receive daily reports of Jet-ski Scams - but only take notice when, for a few days, there are no such reports.

Plus : "They mentioned that most cases that did reach Pattaya Police Station were hard to resolve and Police would refer most cases to the Court."

We all know that the legal process via Courts in Thailand can take months or even longer - what hope does a Tourist on a few weeks holiday have to get his case resolved if the Police simply pass it up to the Courts and do nothing immediate themselves?

Patrick

The cops usually resolve it by taking you to the ATM to pay the jet ski scammers don't they?

Lets hope it picks up otherwise many hard working Thais and expats are going to lose their shirts , Government you need to fix the problems that affect tourism

Hard working, honest Thais have nothing to fear and nothing to lose, how expats are going to lose business here

that I don't understand.....

"Hard working, honest Thais have nothing to fear and nothing to lose ..."

Sounds like a "let them eat cake" comment. Jet-ski operators aside, many hard-working Thais depend on people visiting the beach. Most mornings I walk along the beach starting between 7:00 and 8:00 and the concessionaires are already setting up for the day. There are also loads of tour buses dropping off mostly Chinese or Indian visitors who inevitably get on boats and head for the islands.

I agree that there's no sensible connection between the number of people on the beach and the absence of jet-skis. More an issue of weather, the low season generally and other factors that have impacted tourism. But obviously many hard-working, honest Thais are hurt by low numbers of beach goers, whatever the cause.

I was there on Saturay and got charged 40 Baht for a chair , I asked for a lemon soda but did not ask the price and when I left the bill was 140B. That's 100B for the soda but rich if I new it was going to be that much I would have ordered a beer. Not much jet ski action I was near Mikes shopping mall.